45 Flavors? (Flavors Listed At End-Makes Long Post)

Decorating By Antylucifer Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm by fluttercakes

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 2:38pm
post #61 of 114

I ordered:

Grandma's Apple Pie- Haven't tried
Boston Cream Pie - loved it
Orange Creamsicle - loved it
Caramel - liked it
DolceDeLecha - not crazy about
Creme Brule-haven't tried
Coconut-loved it

Sugarbakerqueen-Although I'm flattered for the compliment-all the orders placed by CC is really why we got the discount-but thank you for saying that!

Kathi- Sorry they aren't kosher. I think they are a good little find & wish you could share.

JenWith- Personaly, I would call CS-2 weeks is way too long and I believe by law your credit card can't be charged until the DAY merchandise ships. (applies everywhere-not just them) If it shipped UPS, ask them for a tracking number & check the status on the UPS web site. http://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html

My husband & I are your basic chocolate/vanilla kind of people. We don't know what Creme Brule or Dolce De Leche should taste like-so maybe that's why we didn't care for the DDD-or it was just plain bad. Since I won't use them, if anyone would like, send me a pm and I'll pop them in the mail to you. I think I'm going to place another order today for some flavors were familiar with. I'll let you know what I got.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 9:54pm
post #62 of 114

i just got mine today!!! i was so excited, but when i opened the package, one of them was leaking. icon_cry.gif i don't know which one!!!

i'll have to check their customer service to see what they can do.

the whole package smelled nice, though!
thumbs_up.gif

jescapades Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 10:19pm
post #63 of 114

icon_surprised.gif omg, they just called me!!! i just (i mean just) sent an email to their customer service! since we can't tell which flavor leaked (it smells like the strawberry shortcake, but i can't really tell), she had me pick another flavor and is sending it out tomorrow!

i highly recommend this company! their product seems such high quality and their customer service is better than outstanding!!

and now i'm hungry because it smells so good!

Antylucifer Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 1:20pm
post #64 of 114

Jessica,
I'm so excited for you to try them. I'm anxious to hear which ones you like. I'm going to try something new today, make 1 cake using different flavors in each pan. Now that I'm thinking, I could make some giant muffins or cupcakes with each flavored differently. It depends on how motivated I am -I'll let you all know what happens.

JenWith,
It looks like Jessica placed her order the same day-you should get yours anyday-I certainly hope so. Even if you do, I would still call CS and let them know you weren't/aren't exactly happy with how long it took. They may do something nice just to keep a customer happy. Good Luck.

jescapades Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 2:13pm
post #65 of 114

i made my banana bundt cake yesterday and used the chocolate macadamia nut flavoring (and added chocoalte chips)! YUM! i used about 6 drops (i probably could have gotten away with using more). My dh even ate some!! and he doesn't like banana! this stuff is great! i can't wait to try more!!! i want to use the strawberry cheesecake flavor in my strawberry cheesecake cake, but i don't have a reason to make it yet. (don't worry, i'll think of something!)

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 2:29pm
post #66 of 114

I did receive mine last week, I think on Tuesday but I haven't tried them yet. I did open them all up and give them a smell though! I'm hoping that I will have some time to do some cookie baking after this weekend. I had a baby shower to prepare for (which is done) and a wedding this weekend, which I am in so I'm just busy!

Anyway- the flavors I ordered are:

strawberries and cream (smells heavenly! Can't wait to try it)
orange creamsicle
toasted coconut
marshmallow
white chocolate
double chocolate
chocolate peanut butter

Antylucifer Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 3:44pm
post #67 of 114

Jessica, thanks so much for posting your thoughts on the drops. I'm so glad you like them-that cake sounds fabulous-is the recipe on this site, or could you possibly send it to me?

I was begining to think I was losing my mind - I knew a bunch of people ordered them but so far we are the only people who have posted any kind of results. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who likes them.

Jen-I'm glad you got yours and see how busy you are, I bet you'll be glad when things calm down! I'm anxious to see how you like them as well.

Sugarbakerqueen, did you get yours yet? I just placed another order Friday and got some of the same flavors you did.
I got: Chocolate Mint, Double Chocolate, White Chocolate, Blueberry, Vanilla Ice Cream, Irish Cream and Banana Cream.

Looking forward to hearing a few more likes and/or dislikes.
Thanks,
Gail

jescapades Posted 11 Jun 2007 , 5:42pm
post #68 of 114

gail, yes, the recipe is posted here:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-4113-20-Low-Cal-Banana-Bundt-Cake.html

i really really really want to go into the kitchen and make something with them, but i don't know what.

Antylucifer Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:26pm
post #69 of 114

Jessica,
Thanks for the link, I love banana cake and am always looking for bigger & better recipes! A low Cal is even better & yours sounds delicious.

Yesterday, I got carried away with my little drops & they are about gone. I made cupcakes-talk about time consuming! I flavored most of them differently, made some grannies apple pie, pineapple coconut, caramel coconut, orange creamsicle, boston cream pie and even the 2 we werern't crazy about.

Then, I started with the buttercream-put a bunch in small bowls and mixed in some flavor. I put some orange creamsicle icing on pineapple coconut cc, caramel on grannies apple pie cc, and a few more. I sent them to work with my husband this morning. I kept a list & cut up little index cards (yep I'm anal) put them inside the cc holder with a note asking everyone to write down what flavors they tasted and told them I wouldn't make any more goodies if they didn't. The cc's & the icing are white-so I'm very anxious to see what happens.

My mom & sister have diverticulitis, & can't eat seeds of any kind. They just got thiers & have been playing all weekend. They got all fruit & nut flavors-anything they can't eat because of seeds. They LOVE them. Between them, they tried blueberry in pancakes, vanilla almond in waffles, pralines & cream in plain yogurt, used them in coffee & tea, and cant' wait to try them in oatmeal, pudding, shakes, blonde brownies, cookies, cream cheese, flavored butter & whatever else they can come up with.

I'll keep you posted with results & see if anyone comes up with more ideas.
Thanks so much for your replies,
Gail

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 12 Jun 2007 , 2:39pm
post #70 of 114

Sadly, no. I have yet to receive my little treasures.... icon_cry.gif I'm going to go lay down now....bu myself....in a corner. icon_sad.gif

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 11:31am
post #71 of 114

icon_eek.gif OMG!!!!!!! Antylucifier!!! That sounds just so WICKED GOOD!!!! I just placed my order for these wonderful drops, icon_lol.gif I can't wait to get them. I was so happy to hear of such a product. I will have to try the orange creamsicle on the pineapple coconut.

Your creations sound just awesome. I can't wait to try them.

Thanks for this link you all!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

My taste testers thank you in advance!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sugarbakerqueen Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:20pm
post #72 of 114

How long did it take everybody to get their drops? I'm getting a bit worried that something happened to my order. icon_confused.gif

jescapades Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:37pm
post #73 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbakerqueen

How long did it take everybody to get their drops? I'm getting a bit worried that something happened to my order. icon_confused.gif

give them a call or send them an email. they respond very quickly and have awesome customer service, so they will help you out.

good luck. i hope they come soon and are everything you were hoping for!

JenWith Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 1:52pm
post #74 of 114

My order took 11 days to come in. I ordered on May 24 and I received them on June 5th.

Antylucifer Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 3:14pm
post #75 of 114

I'm happy to say my experiment with cupcakes was an overall success. The two big losers are Creme Brule and Dolce de Leche-nobody knew what they were & didn't like them. A few thought the caramel was a tad overpowering and/or tasted like coffee. Even so, the only thing that came back in the cc holder was notes from the guys. A lot of them were right on-orange creamsicle with coconut & canned pineapple was the biggest hit. Grannies apple pie w/caramel went over pretty well-even with the strong caramel. Grannies apple pie with a few raisins dropped in & plain bc was well liked as as was the boston cream pie & coconut. A lot of them didn't catch there were 2 flavors-but I really think that's because I'm still in the playing around mode-not exactly sure how many drops to use..

The notes were pretty funny. Most of the guys were just plain confused-they knew the flavors but couldn't figure out why each bite tasted slightly different! I think that's because some of the icing had flavor in it, some didn't. Some of the notes had requests for entire cakes in specific flavors, some wanted a 60/40 split of icing & cc respectivly. I'm really glad I fooled around with them-I think I have a better idea of mixing flavors & amounts of drops, so I guess that means I need to order some more.

The other thing I thought of were muffins & breads. There are a lot of times I would love some blueberry muffins, apple crunch bread, or a coffee cake but don't have the fruit to make them. I'm hoping adding some drops will work but it might be wierd eating muffins without the texture of the fruit. Good thing I'm not working at this point and have the time to play around with different things.

Anyone try cookies yet? I'll keep in touch and I hope you all do-share ideas and outcomes......good luck.

mommicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommicakes Posted 13 Jun 2007 , 9:35pm
post #76 of 114

Thanks Antylucifer for your survey on flavours. Once I get mine, I will make samples and list my results too. I can't wait to try them. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

SueW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SueW Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 1:41am
post #77 of 114

Wait, let me get this straight... these drops just flavor cakes/icing or really anything you want to put them in? Do they change the color of icing etc or are they clear? OK, are they all chemical? And really, NO peanuts at all??? That is amazing my DD is allergic to peanuts so I'd love to still get the flavor in things but not worry about the allergy. I think I may just go order some, anyone else love them?

jescapades Posted 14 Jun 2007 , 2:20am
post #78 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by SueW

Wait, let me get this straight... these drops just flavor cakes/icing or really anything you want to put them in? Do they change the color of icing etc or are they clear? OK, are they all chemical? And really, NO peanuts at all??? That is amazing my DD is allergic to peanuts so I'd love to still get the flavor in things but not worry about the allergy. I think I may just go order some, anyone else love them?

love them! so far, i have put them in banana cake and rice pudding. go ahead and put them in anything!

sugarbakerqueen Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 5:35am
post #79 of 114

YEAH!! icon_biggrin.gif Got my drops today! I can't even wait to make something with them! thumbs_up.gif

Antylucifer Posted 15 Jun 2007 , 1:45pm
post #80 of 114

Can't hear what you make!!!

SueW Posted 20 Jun 2007 , 9:46pm
post #81 of 114

I finally ordered some drops tonight! I didn't see a discount for being a CC member icon_confused.gif Wasn't there supposed to be?

jescapades Posted 21 Jun 2007 , 2:11am
post #82 of 114

sue, check this thread for the discount code:

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-305703.html

nechee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nechee Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 1:36pm
post #83 of 114

I got my drops yesterday icon_biggrin.gif . The new york cheesecake one is great in BC. I used chocolate mint in my chocolate milk shake and it was terrific. I can't wait to try the rest. I have to make royal icing for my course 3 on monday I think I will try the white chocolate then.
I want to order more after tasting these.

SueW Posted 22 Jun 2007 , 11:31pm
post #84 of 114

Thanks jescapades

I didn't see that before I ordered icon_cry.gif Oh well, next time.... because I am sure there will be a next time icon_smile.gif Can't wait to get mine!

JenWith Posted 24 Jun 2007 , 4:30pm
post #85 of 114

I FINALLY got a chance to make some NFSC dough using 1/2 tsp vanilla and a few drops (more like 10) of the strawberry cream flavor drops. The dough smells WONDERFUL. And I'm pre-heating the oven now so that I can bake some cookies to see how they taste. If they taste as good as they smell... the dough won't last long! icon_biggrin.gif

I will post again once I got a couple of cookies baked.

JenWith Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 5:03pm
post #86 of 114

I baked up some cookies over the weekend using NFSC flavored with vanilla and strawberries and cream flavor drops. OMG. They are sooooooooooooooo (can I keep going?) good! Just a hint of strawberry in the cookies. They smelled delicious when I was baking them.

For my personal tastes, I would add just a tad more of the flavor drops because I would like a stronger flavor. But for the amount I added (about 10 drops, I think), they were still good.

YUM YUM! Now I'm trying to decide which other flavor I'm going to use next!

Antylucifer Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:36pm
post #87 of 114

Oh Jen, Im so glad to hear you and others are having success with these drops. I would have hated to get horrendous comments of awful results and especially having people wasting money because I thought they were good. That's why I don't normally like to recommend things, so I breathed a huge sigh of relief when others responded favorably.

Originally, I was being too stingy with them-not wanting the flavor to be overpowering. I started using a drop or 2 extra & sometimes it was perfect and others I still needed more. I really think the secret is experimentation because there are so many variables and every single one of them play a role in the taste.

The density of the batter, cookie, cake, icing etc., what you start with-white cake, yellow cake, pudding, icing, etc., and what flavor you want it to be-cholacte mint would be easier to achieve with less drops starting with a chocolate cake rather than a yellow cake....and vanilla ice cream would be easier starting with a vanilla/white cake than a chocolte cake. Does that make sense to anyone?

I've made such a variety of things with so many different flavors, I've started a log to keep track. I write down what I want to make-say a pina colada cake, what I started with-DH yellow cake mix, which recipe-Pina colada sunset, and other ingredients that would change the recipe-I omit the rum flavoring, coconut milk & cool whip . Then I add what kind of drops and how many I used-orange creamsicle-11, coconut-9, and replaced the cool whip with cream cheese icing. I include who ate it, what thier comments were-good and bad & if I told them I added flavor drops! It seems the only way for me to remember what I'm doing.

Since this is so long already, I'll add one more thing. After my experiment with the guys at DH's work-don't get carried away like I did and make a hundred flavors of cupcakes with a hundred flavors of icing. It is way to complicated for one person to figure out the different flavors and by then you don't know whats up or down. If you're going to use them-try one or two flavors at a time, and it's so much easier! There are enough differing contributors already, don't add more.

It would be nice if we could all kepp posting what our experiments were and if they worked or not-it might give others an idea of what works good and if one flavor requires more or less drops.....Thanks so much for the update.
Gail

SueW Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 6:55pm
post #88 of 114

I just got my drops in the mail and can't wait to try them. The only problem is they only sent me 5 out of 6 bottles I was supposed to get icon_cry.gif Did that happen to anyone else? Clearly the little sampler box is missing a 6th bottle (caramel). I already e-mailed them, I hope they don't give me a hard time icon_eek.gif

MiaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MiaT Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 7:44pm
post #89 of 114

They won't give you a hard time, they are pretty nice over there. I had a bottle cracked in transit so that marshmallow leaked all over everything (smelled really good though!) and they sent a replacement right away.

surfergina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
surfergina Posted 25 Jun 2007 , 7:51pm
post #90 of 114

The drops you were referring to - is it the same as LorAnn flavored oils? If not, what's the difference? Let me know, as I'm curious to try, too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%