45 Flavors? (Flavors Listed At End-Makes Long Post)

Decorating By Antylucifer Updated 29 Sep 2007 , 10:53pm by fluttercakes

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:56pm
post #31 of 114

When somebody posts "Save", it makes it so that they can quickly find that thread again by clicking on "My Forum Posts" on the home page. Unfortunately, it also fills the thread with "non-content" and flags the thread as having new posts when there aren't really any other than the Save.

If you want to be able to quickly go back to a thread without having to post to that thread, you can click on the "Watch this topic for replies" link at the bottom of the page if you want to be able to monitor a thread. You can then click on "Watched Topics" near the top of the forum pages to go to a list of topic threads you wanted to watch. This takes you to a useful page that not only lists the topics, but also when the last post was.

HTH

paolacaracas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paolacaracas Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:58pm
post #32 of 114

I have tryed the amoretti brand, and I'm teling you, is the real thing for pastry, this are ro prefessional, and so god
http://www.amoretti.com/docs/compounds_info.php

moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 23 May 2007 , 4:58pm
post #33 of 114

Just so you know...I'm a complete sucker. I just clicked on the amazon link to check it out and I totally bought the sampler pack....I can't wait to get it!!

As for the save question...i think people put save one the posts so they can have the info in their forum posts so they can find it easier later....I've been noticing people saying not to put save in their posts as well...I don't know why it would bother anyone it someone puts save...it just means they found their info helpful.

jenbenjr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenbenjr Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #34 of 114

Are these similar and comparable to the LorAnn oils???

Sunny77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunny77 Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:04pm
post #35 of 114

Thanks much redpanda. I get it now and fortunately that is how I've been doing it anyway. Still learning here.

kisha311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kisha311 Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:22pm
post #36 of 114

I just placed my order, so I can't wait! I just started a diet, and anything that can possibly make water taste better is a must! Oh yeah, and the cakes too! icon_redface.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:41pm
post #37 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbenjr

Are these similar and comparable to the LorAnn oils???

It's pretty much the same idea. This is from their "about flavor drops page":
What are Flavor Drops?

All flavor ingredients contained in our Flavor Drop products are approved for use by the Food and Drug Administration and are listed on the FEMA (Food & Extract Manufacturers Association) GRAS list.

Capella Flavor Drops are a highly concentrated flavoring without any sweeteners, fats, calories, or sodium. Due to the concentration level of our drops, we avoid adding any preservatives or stabilizers. Unlike syrups which need to add these due to the level of water in their products, the more water you add to your product, the more you need to preserve it from mold growth. Flavor Drops avoids this step by giving you the true flavoring, and avoiding the dilution step altogether, hence Flavor Drops does not contain Potassium Sorbate or any preservative.

All Flavor Drops are CORN and PEANUT derivative free!

The Capella Coffee Company is the first company to release a flavoring product where we leave the sweetening to you. When we say no sweeteners we mean no sweeteners

There's more info on that page:
http://www.capellacoffee.com/flavordrops/medifast/what_is_fdrops.htm

-Rezzy

Antylucifer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Antylucifer Posted 23 May 2007 , 5:52pm
post #38 of 114

Jen- I have never used LorAnn oils, so I can't answer that question. Prior to these the only flavoring I've used is a form of coffeemate.

Kisha311-I guess using them for diet purposes works very well. You can add them to yogurt, milk, water-maybe peanut butter flavor on celery, really the sky's the limit. Could you please keep us updated on how they work for diets?

paolacarcas-I haven't used the amoritti brand, but I'll try anything once. All I know is what the web-site and the capella owner told me-which isn't necessarily fact. He 'says' business is booming with several pastry chef's and bakeries and resturaunts. Everything kind of hit at once, one chef told another, one person told another, and so on. I'll check out the amoritti brand and see how the prices compare.

Can't wait to hear feedback on the orange creamsicle cake.

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:46pm
post #39 of 114

yum! sounds delish!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 23 May 2007 , 6:57pm
post #40 of 114

I am so excited to have found this. I have three kids with severe peanut allergies and I'm always missing out on some good looking recipes because of the flavorings they call for. Can't wait to give these a try! Jodie

rustyk10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rustyk10 Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:15pm
post #41 of 114

Those of you who already bought these, is there anything on the jars/boxes to indicate what they are made from? There seem so many things they didn't contain I'm wondering if they are really just chemicals

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 23 May 2007 , 7:37pm
post #42 of 114

The bottles say: contains natural and artificial flavor, water and/or caramel color.

jescapades Posted 23 May 2007 , 8:09pm
post #43 of 114

omg, i just ordered the special (buy 6, get one free) and i can't wait for them to come!!!

Antylucifer Posted 23 May 2007 , 9:04pm
post #44 of 114

For anyone interested in ordering, please see the new thread where we are getting a Welcome Gift of 5% off.....That was so quick...Thanks to everyone.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-305703.html

jescapades Posted 23 May 2007 , 9:34pm
post #45 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antylucifer

For anyone interested in ordering, please see the new thread where we are getting a Welcome Gift of 5% off.....That was so quick...Thanks to everyone.

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-305703.html

aww bummer, i just placed my order... next time i guess

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 24 May 2007 , 1:33am
post #46 of 114

Thanks for this. I will have to order.

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 24 May 2007 , 3:03am
post #47 of 114

Thanks for the info will have to try it.

Vicky

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 24 May 2007 , 2:31pm
post #48 of 114

Just placed my order!! I can't wait to get them! icon_lol.gif

Cake_Mooma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Mooma Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 6:59pm
post #49 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenWith

Just placed my order!! I can't wait to get them! icon_lol.gif

Let us know how they taste. Thanks.

Vicky

raymona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
raymona Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 7:17pm
post #50 of 114

http://www.getsuckered.com/

Check out this website. It has 235 flavor oils. I have ordered from them in the past and love their product. One of my favorite flavors is Orange Vanilla which is sort of a creamsicle flavor. I like to ad it to Toba's glaze on sugar cookies. They use soybean oil as the base and FDA approved flavors.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 1 Jun 2007 , 10:57pm
post #51 of 114

Thanks Raymona, thats a great site too.

kathik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathik Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 12:15am
post #52 of 114

Can anyone who has bought this tell me if it they are kosher?

Thanks,
Kathi

Antylucifer Posted 2 Jun 2007 , 4:46pm
post #53 of 114

Kathik,
I scourded the web-site and literature to find any reference or symbols for kosher and can't come up with anything. The customer service is very friendly and knowledgable, you can contact them by email or the toll free numer. [email protected]
866-686-3666

Flavor Update:
Orange Creamsicle: Used yellow cake-added 12 drops orange creamsicle to cake mix. Used cream cheese icing-no drops. Gave to hubby for work. It was a huge hit. Cake gone before 9:00 am.
No after taste.

Coconut & Orange Creamsicle:
Pina Colada : Used yellow cake-added roughly 6 drops cocout, 6 drops orange creamsicle, and used real pineapples w/juice. Cream cheese frosting-no drops. Another huge hit. My husband wouldn't bring to work-he wanted it all here. Between 2 of us it was gone in 2 days. No after taste.

Dolce De Leche:
Don't know what it's supposed to taste like. Made chocolate cake-no drops and used roughly 7-9 drops Dolce DeLeche in icing. Husband "hated" it- (but ate it till it was gone) said it tasted like coffee, I thought it was a tad strong-would use less drops next time. Took 4-5 days for us 2 to eat it. Tiny after taste-maybe because I used too much.

Caramel:
Chocolate cake no drops and 5-6 drops caramel in icing. It was good, but not as good as the coconut or orange creamsicle. Used new recipe for the cake and didn't care for it-that could have contributed to taste of caramel icing. No after taste.

Anyone else try them? Have good or bad or not so hot comments? I'm curious what other flavors are like, especially fruity ones. Wanted a few opinions before ordering more. It seems like the product is working, but will take a little experimenting to figure out right amounts to use.

JenWith Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 1:09am
post #54 of 114

I'm glad to hear the drops are working out for you, especially the orange creamsicle. I'm still waiting for mine to show up. Hopefully sometime next week. I'm dying to make orange creamsicle cookies.

kathik Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 3:10pm
post #55 of 114

Thanks Antylucifer. I looked all over their website too. I did send an email asking, but I'm impatient! icon_redface.gif I thought maybe someone with a bottle could tell me if their was a hechsher (kosher symbol) on the label.

Thanks for trying to find out for me!
Kathi

Antylucifer Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 4:44pm
post #56 of 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymona

http://www.getsuckered.com/

Check out this website. It has 235 flavor oils. I have ordered from them in the past and love their product. One of my favorite flavors is Orange Vanilla which is sort of a creamsicle flavor. I like to ad it to Toba's glaze on sugar cookies. They use soybean oil as the base and FDA approved flavors.

Raymona, I'm always glad to try a new product so thanks for passing the link along. That's an amazing site with tons of merchandise. I'm checking it out now-and I'm in the "dessert flavors", is that the right area? Can the candy flavors be used in baking? Which flavors have you tried & what did you use them in? I would love to hear what kind of results you have had! Thanks for the info.

Kathik, I'm like you-when I need informaiton, I want it NOW. When you do find out, please let us know. I went back again and found they "abide by the standards established by the National Organic Program", I don't know if that helps, I dont' even know what it means!

JenWith, how long ago did you order & what kind of flavors did you get? Orange Creamsicle cookies w/creamcheese frosting sounds delicious. Can you tell I'm a sucker for frosting? Last night I was piping BC figures for the 1st time. They didn't last long though, I would find one flaw and eat the little buggers. Okay, so I purpously would give them crooked ears and such just so I could eat them!

For those of you who ordered earlier, have you tried them yet? What did you think? The buy 6 minis get one free promo ends June 8th, so I was hoping to hear some feedback before I decide if I should can order more! Anything?

Thanks Much,
Gail

JenWith Posted 3 Jun 2007 , 11:47pm
post #57 of 114

I placed my order on May 24 and my credit card was charged on May 24. Hopefully they are on their way. I'm going to email customer service tomorrow afternoon if they aren't in the mail. I'm getting impatient. icon_mad.gif

kathik Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 12:05pm
post #58 of 114

Well, I just heard back from customer service. They are not kosher. icon_cry.gif Oh well.

Kathi

sugarbakerqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarbakerqueen Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:08pm
post #59 of 114

OK. I just placed my order. Let's talk about what everyone ordered so we can ask about diff. flavors. I ordered the 6 pack get one free for $17.70. They only offered UPS S&H for $4.88. Anyways these are the flavors I ordered:
Almond Joy (new flavor)
Coconut
New York Cheesecake (yummy icon_razz.gif )
Strawberries & Cream
White Chocolate
Bostom Cream Pie
Double Chocolate

I'll let you know when I get them. My total price after CC discount was $21.70. My discount was only $.88, but I can't complain, it's better than nothing and thanks to antylucifer or we wouldn't have a discount at all. As long as people keep mentioning Cake Central, we should end up with even deeper discounts!! thumbs_up.gif

jescapades Posted 4 Jun 2007 , 1:37pm
post #60 of 114

i ordered:

Strawberry Cheesecake
French Vanilla
Double Chocolate
Marshmallow
Vanilla Ice Cream
Chocolate Macadamia Nut
Chocolate Caramel

i can't wait to try them out!!