Dinner....yuck!!

Lounge By snicker Updated 13 Jun 2006 , 3:29pm by Laroux

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 11:06pm
post #1 of 8

I hate making dinner most of the time. Its not that I dont like to cook, I looooove to cook. The problem is that I have 3 small children and cooking is not enjoyable. I recently made this awesome chicken enchilada recipe (i will post if anyone is interested, its from the latest Paula Deen mag.) The thing i loved about it is that it made 2 pans, so i could save one for later in the freezer. I made the second pan last night and it was soooo awesome having a good dinner and just having to throw it in the oven.

So, anyway, my question is, do any of ya'll have any recipes like this?? One that makes enough to freeze some?? I would love to have some more. I've considered doing the super suppers or something, just haven't. Or does anyone do the big cooking day and freeze a bunch of meals at once???

Let me know any ideas!! Please!

Nicole

7 replies
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 12:38am
post #2 of 8

I am not a cook by any means! Sorry can't help ya. Just wanted to say how darn cute your avitar is!!!

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 1:18am
post #3 of 8

I mostly make vegan/vegetarian stuff but everything i make i always eithe rmake a huge pot of or make double the recipe to save for later. One of my fav is eggplant parmasian(or chicken in your case) just make 2 pans worth(even 3! gthey last a good couple of months so jsut wait 2 weeks and you can have it again). Basically it'll be batter and fry all the eggplant and then bring out 3 pans, put down a thin layer of tomatoe sauce, then the eggplant, then more sauce to cover, and slice mozarella ontop(or use shredded mozarella, whatever your prefernce is). /That's what it shoudl be for every pan. So then you just bake at 350 until its hot and the cheese has melted. The other pan or 2 you can cover and freeze until you need it, t should keep for a couple months. thumbs_up.gif

snicker Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 2:22am
post #4 of 8

Thanks spotty, that is my son with some of those wax vampire teeth in, you cant really tell, I figured people would think he had some sort of lip deformity!!! LOL

Ferret, that sounds really good, i like eggplant but i'm not sure about the boys. Maybe if its slathered in sauce they wont know!!!! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:12am
post #5 of 8

http://groups.msn.com/mamamoonskitchen/onceamonthcooking.msnw

http://www.realfood4realpeople.com/oamc.html

Those are a couple of sites I found when I went looking for this subject in the past. I haven't tried anything off them yet though, so I can't tell you what is good or isn't.

I have made lasagna, meatloaf, mashed potatoe casserole casserole, and meatballs and put them in the freezer. Just put it together and freeze. When you want it you can take it out of the freezer and bake or you cake take it out the night before and let it thaw first.

I like using the mini loaf pans since it is smaller portions, and since I live alone it meant not cooking a ton and having to eat the same thing for several days.

snicker Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 5:03am
post #6 of 8

wow, thanks texas sugar, those links are really good!! I think i might give this a try!!

FerretDeprived Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FerretDeprived Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 10:17am
post #7 of 8

Allrecipes.com is another great site for recipes. And almost everything is rated, i'd stay at around 4 or 5 stars. If t has 3 you might want to look in the reveiws to see if a person suggested a way to make the recipe better or some tips.

You can always make chicken parmasian instead of eggplant. Lol It's the exact same recipe, jsut using tenderized chicken cutlets.

Laroux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laroux Posted 13 Jun 2006 , 3:29pm
post #8 of 8

HA! Snicker, i just saw your avatar and it looked like he had a cookie in his mouth! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I sometimes make dinners to stick in the freezer but not very often.
One of my favorites are chicken pot pie and taco soup. Thoes always go over well. icon_biggrin.gif

hope this helps!
Laroux

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%