Water Effect

Decorating By sgtx80 Updated 20 May 2005 , 8:50pm by KarenOR

sgtx80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgtx80 Posted 17 May 2005 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 8

How do I get the water effect when I do my cake, is it just buttercream or a different type of icing... I want the waves to curl up.

Also,I am going to try and make boat, I don't have modeling paste, so what is the second best icing to make it out of.

Thanks

7 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 17 May 2005 , 7:32pm
post #2 of 8

http://www.wilton.com/recipes/recipesandprojects/add_pans/ark.cfm try this wilton project to get the waves portion down
You could probably make a boat out or colorflow or royal icing, allow all the pieces to dry before assemblying.

KarenOR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KarenOR Posted 19 May 2005 , 12:13am
post #3 of 8

I don't know, but a lot of people use the gel stuff. I'd also like to know how they use it to make good looking water!

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 19 May 2005 , 12:48am
post #4 of 8

I just did a cake with a water stream--I hope to post a pic tommorrow-- I used piping gel and tinted it blue

KarenOR Posted 19 May 2005 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8

I need to make water for my safari cake on Saturday. I'd love some tips!!

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 19 May 2005 , 9:43pm
post #6 of 8

Nothing to it!
Just take your piping gel, put blue color in it (a little goes a long way) and either pipe or spoon it into where you want it. It is a beautiful shiny effect that I use almost exclusively when doing water effect. I buy the little tub and color the whole thing I use it so much. I have one in blue for water and one in red for "blood" and lettering.

KarenOR Posted 20 May 2005 , 4:37am
post #7 of 8

Can someone post the piping gel recipe? I can't find it using the search function. Thanks!!

KarenOR Posted 20 May 2005 , 8:50pm
post #8 of 8

Bumping this up for hte recipe...

Spent all day decorating and putting up vines and leaves, etc. Starting tomorrow AM it's cake time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%