Decorating By bobwonderbuns Updated 21 May 2007 , 7:58pm by beachcakes

jescapades Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jescapades Posted 21 May 2007 , 12:34am
post #91 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

Well the thoughts I'm coming away with (and really appreciate) are:

A) Nobody starts off super advanced, and

B) We all have different talents and we're all at different levels in those talents.

I know that makes me feel one heck of a lot better! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

yay! big hugs for you! (and for everyone here!) you gals and guys always make my day! there is no better group of people out there!

marybible Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marybible Posted 21 May 2007 , 12:47am
post #92 of 96

I too feel VERY inferior!! It does however make me want to try harder and add some great cakes under my belt. I've been only doing this not quite a year yet. So I am trying not to be too hard on myself. But the cakes on here are amazing.

ombaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ombaker Posted 21 May 2007 , 1:52pm
post #93 of 96

This thread has my name all over it. I was just having this conversation with my mother. She thinks my work is fantastic (of course she's my mother) and my clients all think the cakes are amazing but I know better. I come on here and am so inspired that all I can think about is my next cake but they are never what I invision or what I know they would be in someone elses hands. All I can say is I've come so far so quickly because of all the talent and encouragement on this board and I am truly greatful. One of these days I'll have a "most popular" cake icon_biggrin.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 21 May 2007 , 2:01pm
post #94 of 96

Once I spoke with a top name cake designer in the biz and he told me that the biggest problem that besets cake decorators is their knowledge of the flaws in their cakes. But he pointed out something -- we are looking at the cake at the end of our noses, so naturally we will see every little detail and flaw of that cake. I appreciated that observation. icon_smile.gif

formerbuckeye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
formerbuckeye Posted 21 May 2007 , 5:18pm
post #95 of 96

Yes, I do too. Even though I have been decorating cakes for 20 years, I don't do it all the time (I work full-time for now) and don't have a lot of time to practice. So, even though I don't think my work is horrible, I don't think it measures up to many, many decorators on this site. Like the wedding cake I did this weekend........it turned out okay and the bride & groom loved it, but to me I saw way too many imperfections. icon_cry.gif I hope to have more time to practice and improve in the future. However, I know there will always be someone better than me. I guess I'll just have to "put on my big girl panties and deal with it!! icon_biggrin.gif

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 21 May 2007 , 7:58pm
post #96 of 96

Yep, all the time!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%