Substituting Coffee Creamer For Liquid...

Decorating By mommalud Updated 12 May 2007 , 10:53am by mommalud

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 11 May 2007 , 7:04pm
post #1 of 8

i've read alot of posts on using coffee creamer in place of water in recipes, i was wondering if you replace all of the water or just some of it.
also, should the batter be thicker than usual? i just made a batch of cc's using the enhanced cake mix recipe and substituted 1 cup of the water with international delights white choc. raspberry creamer. the batter was very thick(whipped cream like) the are in the oven- hope they turn out ok???? they sure smell good!

7 replies
miriel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miriel Posted 12 May 2007 , 3:57am
post #2 of 8

I would replace part of the water called for as it might be too sweet with all creamer.

pyseas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pyseas Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:04am
post #3 of 8

I made a box cake and substituted 1/4 cup of water for the creamer.

It has just a hint of the flavor. Noticeable, but not overwhelming. I'd probably add a bit more next time. 1/3 or 1/2.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:07am
post #4 of 8

Heck no, add all the creamer icon_smile.gif Whatever the amount of water your supposed to add I add the exact amount of creamer. The cakes are delicious! Try it you will love it!! Ohh that International Delights white choc. raspberry creamer sounds delicious! I've never seen it in any store here before. I bet it makes a great cake! thumbs_up.gif

sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:09am
post #5 of 8

I use Pillsbury and use milk instead of water. I use 1 cup milk (2%) and 1/4 cup creamer. It turns out perfect! thumbs_up.gif

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:09am
post #6 of 8

I used 1/2 recipe of the WASC and I put in 1/3 c of creamer. It wasn't enough. It did add a different base flavour but next time I will add more.

I've added the creamer to the butter cream as a filling and I am going to make a whipped cream icing tomorrow with more creamer.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:11am
post #7 of 8

I made the vanilla caramel kind once and replaced all the liquid in the cake and it was too sweet. The only one of my cakes that did not disappear. I will use a little less next time.

mommalud Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommalud Posted 12 May 2007 , 10:53am
post #8 of 8

thanks everyone,
the cc's came out delicious. my son can't keep his hands off them, but then again he'd eat sugar right from the package. i'll wait for everyone elses opinion on their sweetness but i think their ok too.
thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%