Where Can I Buy . . .

Decorating By PurplePetunia Updated 19 May 2005 , 3:56am by PurplePetunia

PurplePetunia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PurplePetunia Posted 16 May 2005 , 3:33am
post #1 of 14

. . .impression mats in Canada??

Are there any Canadian stores that sell them?

Purple Petunia icon_smile.gif

13 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 16 May 2005 , 3:53am
post #2 of 14

Did you try Golda's Kitchen? I have not been able to find these here in Canada, except for the mats designed for use with clay or other craft mediums.
Do you have a Joanne's Fabrics and Crafts in your area? There are a few of these in Canada and they may have them.
I have used other materials for fondant impressions.
Sorry, not much help.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

PurplePetunia Posted 17 May 2005 , 1:47am
post #3 of 14

Yes I tried Golda's, but I couldn't find it there. I don't have a Joanne's either. I do have a Michaels, I'll check there.

Thanks Squirrelly!

Purple Petunia

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 May 2005 , 3:07am
post #4 of 14

I don't believe Michael's carries any of the fondant impression mats, however you may find something in the clay area of the hobbies that will work for you. Also, try McCall's in Toronto, they have some things online, not sure about the mats though.
Hugs Squirrelly

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 17 May 2005 , 11:27am
post #5 of 14

..never saw themat Michael's either but you can order them online from Earlene's website.

pumpkin823 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkin823 Posted 17 May 2005 , 11:32am
post #6 of 14

Try www. creativecutters.com. They sell all of the impression mats and are located in Canada.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 17 May 2005 , 3:17pm
post #7 of 14

I haven't dealt with them, I was a bit leary of the possibility of having to pay Custom Fees because their warehouse is in the U.S. It is unfortunate that we do not have these mats available in stores where we could save ourselves the shipping fees and Custom's duties. They do have a wonderful selection of products!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 17 May 2005 , 6:49pm
post #8 of 14

have you checked out crative cutters site. I think they do have a store in canada, but i do know that is where they are located. Very nice people and very nice product.

PurplePetunia Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:20am
post #9 of 14

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I'll see what I can find. I'm trying to avoid paying in US$$ and avoid the customs charge too.

If I do find any here, I'll post it.

Thanks!

PurplePetunia Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:48am
post #10 of 14

Hi! Me Again!!
I found some of the mats at Creative Cutters. I'm in driving distance from their Canadian location in Richmond Hill.
The mats are pricier than I thought they would be ($60) so, I don't think I'll get one right away.

But thanks for helping me find a place. At least I'll know where to get one when I need it.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:52am
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePetunia

Hi! Me Again!!
I found some of the mats at Creative Cutters. I'm in driving distance from their Canadian location in Richmond Hill.
The mats are pricier than I thought they would be ($60) so, I don't think I'll get one right away.

But thanks for helping me find a place. At least I'll know where to get one when I need it.

Lucky you, I am 4.5 hours away. I just sent them an e-mail, but I suspect that Custom Duties will apply to any orders online as they are shipped from their U.S. warehouse, so on top of the U.S. dollar exchange, I suspect they will be charged.
Anyway, I will let you know what I hear back, it might be useful for other Canucks.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 18 May 2005 , 9:07am
post #12 of 14

squirrelly,

I don't know much of anything about customs and those kind of charges. BUT what if you called the store direct? Maybe they could/would ship direct from there.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 18 May 2005 , 2:26pm
post #13 of 14

Well I heard right back from the www.creativecutters.com site.
Here is the response.
For our US Customers we ship from our Buffalo location and charge US Dollars.
For our Canadian customers, like yourself, we ship from our head office in Richmond Hill, Ontario and charge in Canadian dollars as well as the appropriate taxes as we are a Canadian business.
Depending on where stock is required it is order independently for our locations so that none of our customers have the extra charge of duties and taxes and we have two separately price lists so that the exchange rate is not an issue either.
Our web site is set up to mainly service the US customers as they account for approximately 95% of our business. The web page will convert into Canadian dollars after you specify your country.
I hope this helps to clear up any confusion you may have had.
Thank you for your inquiry,
Nikki Randlesome

End of response.
So that is good, the Canadian Customers do not have to worry about custom's fees being included twice and such.
I am really impressed with their quick response and friendly reply and the way they have the site set up. That would encourage me to order from them.
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

PurplePetunia Posted 19 May 2005 , 3:56am
post #14 of 14

Thanks Squirrelly!
Appreciate it! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%