Help! Lonely Mommy!

Lounge By jen1977 Updated 25 Jun 2006 , 7:58am by mistiek2006

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 27

I'm a stay at home mommy to two wonderful little boys who are 3 and 5. The longest they've been away from me is one night at Grandma's 25 minutes away. My little sister and her hubby begged me to let them stay with her 5 hours away, and I met them last night half way to give them my precious babies til Sunday! I can't keep from crying...I'm a mess! My entire life revolves around my boys, and I don't know what to do with myself! I slept awful last night and I'm worn out. I probably won't sleep well til they get back home. I do have two cake orders to do, but I already miss them so much and it's only Thursday! My sis and bil were so excited, and so were my boys, and they have lots of fun things planned. I totally trust them with my babies or I wouldn't have handed them over, but I want them here with me! I'm selfish, I know. Please, can anyone give this lonely mommy some words to calm her down??? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

26 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 12:37pm
post #2 of 27
jen1977 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 12:51pm
post #3 of 27

Thanks Doug. I know there are lots of things I could do, but I'm afraid of going out, crying like a baby and looking like a blubbering idiot, LOL. It just seems like they are so far away, and my mind keeps going to the bad thing sthat could happen. I know that if it's just paranoia, but I acn't help it! I need to go to the cake store soon to get some boxes and boards, but besides that I have no idea what I'll do with myself, LOL.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 12:58pm
post #4 of 27

I know what you're going through, my oldest has enjoyed visiting his grandparents for weeks on end from the time he was about 3. I miss him terribly whenever he goes.
The other one has never been away for even a night, he's a momma's boy and hated to be left for even an hour until he was 2 so my MIL hardly ever would babysit.
The ironic thing is that when you have them they drive you up the wall and when you don't all you remember is how wonderful it is to have them around.
Try to enjoy this time away, the kids probably aren't even thinking of you.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 1:07pm
post #5 of 27

icon_confused.gif

call them and ask them if they want my kids!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

just kidding....I say that but truth is...I cant stand for my kids to go anywhere. My husband really cant stand it!! He'd keep everyone at home in a glass box if he could...he overly worries about things that could happen!!!

My going on 14 yr old leaves today for a month and a half with grandparents.....now thi sis the one child of them ALL that I would definitely send on a trip around the world...as long as it took longer than 80 days!!! He drives me absoultely nuts!!! He's developed this smart mouth and bossy behavior!!....but since its justhours before he goes now.....I dont want him to go!!! icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif ....he keeps making little comments too that I dont want him to go because I need his help with the twins....which is making me feel bad that I have him do too much!!!

Im so sorry you are sad about your boys being gone...but it is true you should do something for yourself....and if I was you...Id enjoy every min in that cake store without the boys!!! thats always the first place i go when I dont have kids!!!

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 1:38pm
post #6 of 27

Jen1977 I just wanted to say that what you have said has brought tears to my eyes. I can tell you are a loving mother. But I then can say take this time for yourself. Pamper Yourself. You deserve it. then it will be time for them to come back & I am sure you will need all the energy when the get back because they are going to tell you everything with excitement in there voices.

God bless you! thumbs_up.gif

jen1977 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:54pm
post #7 of 27

Thanks everyone...Twins, my sister and her hubby have no kids yet, so I'm not sure they are ready to take on yours and mine, lol. I'm off tt make myself get dressed and run to the cake store. I have a waterslide cake for Saturday that I should have been working on last week, lol. My 5 year old called me this morning to tell me good morning, and told me not to sell any cakes without him in our cake business, lol. My 3 year old didn't even want to talk to me this morning! icon_cry.gif I think I'll worry too much about them to relax, but I may go rent a carpet cleaner and get some work done to keep my mind occupied. Thanks again everyone!...Oh, and Monica, your post almost made me cry again! I do miss them!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 2:59pm
post #8 of 27

Hey Jen...I know what you are going through. I went on vacation once without my daughter(then 3) for a week & I was miserable!!! I couln't enjoy my vacation that much because I was constantly worrying. I agree...you should do something for yourself & enjoy browsing in the store by yourself...lucky!! icon_lol.gif I'm in Ohio too...which part are you in?

Quote:
Quote:

He's developed this smart mouth and bossy behavior!!....

Hmmm...Twinsy...wonder where he got that from??? icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 27

Hey Jen,
My kids were 5 and 3 before I would let them stay anywhere else. It's been 2 years now and they sleep over at Grammy's house every once in a while. She lives about 10 minutes away. I still worry about them and the house is always too quiet when they're not around, but it's also time for myself which I never knew how badly I needed!! Get some things done that usually takes forever when you have the kids in tow. You'll always miss them, that will never go away, but it's good practice for when school starts!! That was the hardest for me - leaving my son at school with complete strangers!! He just waved and went in the class like it was no big deal - kids are amazing!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:18pm
post #10 of 27

I couldn't imagine! My dh and I went out a few months ago (just for a few hours mind you) I was LOST. Had to go home. Then we went to foxwoods for our anniversary and I called every hour. I thought I was pathetic!
People always say just pamper yourself. I would probably find myself redecorating my son's room just to surprise him. Hang in there!! icon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 4:58pm
post #11 of 27

You sound just like I did when I first let my boys go somewhere....without me!!!! LOL!

It's hard....very hard right now. Whatever you do or whereever you go, you'll be thinking of them and if you see something they'd like, you'd think" oh, I bet______would love this"

There's nothing wrong with that! It just shows that you care & love them tremendously!!!

You will get used to this and you need this!!!!

Everytime you let them go, it gets easier and easier.

My boys are 4 & 5...and I wish I had someone begging to take them everyonce in a while.

Good Luck!

jen1977 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 6:55pm
post #12 of 27

Thanks again everyone! I went to the cake store for a while and stopped by Michael's. My hubby thinks I'm a baby, maybe I am!

ge...I'm in Kettering (Dayton area)

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 8:09pm
post #13 of 27

i have tears rolling down my face

i think i must be a horrible mom, my kids are Son-11 & daughter-5, i hate to say that my son & i don't get along, he is so bossy & so hard to deal with, so most of the time i'm saying go outside & ride the golf cart just to get him out of my hair...we have a difficult relationship I waited 6 yrs to have another child & now 5 yrs later he still thinks that i love dd more, if i get on to him, he says i never get on to her, this happens over & over all the time, i've tried to explain to him that he doesn't give me a chance to chance to get on to her b/c he is giving her a return hit, yes she hits first most of the time but he's 11 & big-he can't hit her, so then it's lu ove dont love me b/c u never get on to her, on & on & on...it's so peaceful when one of my kids are at nana's & mimi's

please don't get me wrong i love both my kids equal, but i do feel like i have to protect my dd more

& i don't know what i would do if they were gone for days w/out seeing them either

know i feel like crap

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 11:40pm
post #14 of 27

dont feel like crap daltonam....I just tried to give my kids away to jen1977's family!!!!

not to mention i was the first one and only who said give em away!!!!

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Doug Posted 8 Jun 2006 , 11:55pm
post #15 of 27
daltonam Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 12:31am
post #16 of 27

OH DOUGIE

I do agree BUT my 40lb dd doesn't hit my 110lb ds w/ a baseball bat, SO if he would just tell me 'mom she hitting me' (yeah i know, i can hear myself now-'be quiet & stop tattling') & give me a chance....But really i think i might try it your mom's way for awhile---also did your mom have an opinion on how to get my ds to stop saying (& teaching) dd to say

butt
butthole
stupid
shut up
dumb

the list is all but cussing--i will say that he doesn't use slang to how

i really would like to know

thanks doug

Doug Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 12:40am
post #17 of 27
NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:35am
post #18 of 27

My mom had a very loving method. We were forced to sit in chairs, facing each other, holding hands, until we said sorry and I love you! Those were some of the hardest words to say to my brother sometimes! And sometimes it would take A LONG time to say!! LOL

daltonam Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 2:05am
post #19 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWTODECORATING

My mom had a very loving method. We were forced to sit in chairs, facing each other, holding hands, until we said sorry and I love you! Those were some of the hardest words to say to my brother sometimes! And sometimes it would take A LONG time to say!! LOL

i like this way also---mine would just kill it other--but i'm gonna try it too

only problem is i've let this go on to long & my son thinks he runs the house--my DH said i have no one the blame but myself--thangs they are a going to change--oh i do talk bad don't i.....

snicker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snicker Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 3:48am
post #20 of 27

Jen, i'm sorry you feel this way. It is heartbreaking to miss your babies........BUT, i'm with twins on this one. The more grandma takes um the better!! LOL I have 3 boys and they are Hard hard and more hard!! they are 5, 2, and 11 mos. Tell you what, you need to enjoy this time. Rested mommy = good mommy!! THe possibilities are endless. I was jealous of you when i read your post icon_smile.gif But, i'm sure glad to see um when they come home!!!!

Doug, just curious, how do you feel about your mother now?? Loving relationship now, or resentment. I'm not being fecicious(sp?) I'm honestly curious. Sometimes i think i should be harder but i wonder what the outcome will be. icon_smile.gif

jen1977 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:09pm
post #21 of 27

Thanks Snicker. I've talked to them a couple of times and they have a fun day planned and I DO know that they are safe and my sis and bil are taking wonderful care of them. I'm having a hard time even sleeping! I know, I'm a crazy nut. I've always defined myself as mommy, and I'm not sure what to do with myself when I'm not acting in that role. I know a lot of us do that. It seems from the moment my 5 year old came screaming into the world, MY world has evolved around him and now his brother. One day at a time, that's how I'm taking it!

jen1977 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:11pm
post #22 of 27

Oh, and Dalton...I know this sounds really mean, but you would be AMAZED what a TINY drop of liquid soap rubbed on the front teeth will do to stop bad words! I know many people think it's awful, but it just takes a couple of times, and the words STOP!

ge978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ge978 Posted 9 Jun 2006 , 1:39pm
post #23 of 27

Lets see...what would I do if someone took my kids for a week?

Go to the bathroom by myself without my almost 2 year old coming in & grabbing stuff off the counter & opening and closing the door!!!

Enjoy the fact that the playroom floor is not soaked with frosted flakes & milk

Not have to hear MOM shrieked out every five minutes in a blood curdling manner only to find out that the 2-year old was "looking at her wrong" icon_lol.gif

Spend "quality icon_twisted.gif" time with my dh in any room of the house that we feel like icon_twisted.gificon_biggrin.gif

Okay Jenn, now you are making me want to drop my kids off at my sister's for a week icon_surprised.gificon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif Just kidding,...I'd probably go crazy too!!
I was going to offer for you to take my kids since you are lonely,but Dayton is a little far away from canton icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I think? icon_confused.gif

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 10 Jun 2006 , 2:27am
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

.... I had a radio, a b-day gift. One night I had it on late and loud. She aske once for it to be turned down. Little snert (about same age as your son that i was) I of course refused. She simply picked it up and smahed it to pieces on the floor say: "I bought, I can destroy it. so much for noise that keeps me awake!"

icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

That kind of sounds like me on a menopausal rush! icon_eek.gif

kos

jen1977 Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:19pm
post #25 of 27

My boys are back home safe and sound. They had a great time, but I think they were as glad to be home as we were to have them back.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 12 Jun 2006 , 12:22pm
post #26 of 27

I am so glad everyone is back with you. Doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder? Not that you could love them any more than you already do!

mistiek2006 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mistiek2006 Posted 25 Jun 2006 , 7:58am
post #27 of 27

Hang it there the time will pass. I have 2 girls, ages 2 and 7, When the oldest goes and spends every Sat night with Grandmama 30 miles away, I miss her like crazy. I call to tell her goodnight, goodmorning and just that I love her and my inlaws are pretty good about lettting her call us when she misses us. Just think of all the great hugs, kisses, and stories you'll get when they get back. My baby doesn't go overnight yet, but my oldest says that even though she loves grandmama and granddaddy, mom and dad are still the best. Hang in there and cuddle with one of their stuffed toys that smells like them. It sometimes helps.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%