Fondant Bow Question

Decorating By Shanna Updated 11 May 2007 , 4:14am by DianeLM

Shanna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shanna Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:27am
post #1 of 4

Okay - someone directed me to the tutorial for making a loopy fondant bow. In step 4, it states to hang the loops over a dowel or large stick. Does the stick/dowel need to be sprayed with anything to prevent the loops from sticking when trying to remove them?

Thanks!

Shanna

3 replies
mdtargac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdtargac Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:42am
post #2 of 4

Hi Shanna,

I've tried wrapping parchment on the dowel or wax paper but it usually just wants to slip off. Tape just doesn't stick to that stuff. I usually just let them dry for a little while them very carefully grasp the bottom and twist and push up at the same time to get them to let go from the dowel. You just have to be really careful and your fondant can't still be really soft. Hope this helps.

Melissa

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #3 of 4

I saw this really cool thing. If you have one of those white fondant rollers that Wilton sells or something close to it, you lay it across two coffee cups and lay the loops over it to dry.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:14am
post #4 of 4

No, you don't need to treat the dowel with anything. Just move the loops a few times while they're drying to discourage them from sticking. They only need to stay on the dowel until they're strong enough to lay on their sides - about an hour or so.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%