A Little Annoyed

Decorating By AmyBeth Updated 12 May 2007 , 4:01am by tcturtleshell

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:34pm
post #61 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley87

This is off topic, but Brandi, is your website for your actual business?? Just wondering with the price of $500 for carrot cake...hm... icon_surprised.gif

LOL! Yes, it's my actual business... but I hadn't inserted all the correct information yet. I've been busy doing "market research" - before I finalized my offerings/prices. The correct info will be up within a day or two.

ashley87 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley87 Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:36pm
post #62 of 73

okay I was just wondering about the prices!! haha.... I was thinking that the website looks great..but that people must love carrot cake in your area...haha...

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:37pm
post #63 of 73

hmmmm....now when i post a pic .... i have to say certain things.......?
wow. I dont think i even want to post any more photos now, let alone posts. This whole conversation has just left me with a very bad taste.

icon_sad.gif

And i was so happy to be part of this website..... on here everyday........

icon_sad.gif

southaustingirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southaustingirl Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:08pm
post #64 of 73

I don't think you have to walk on egg shells when you post a picture of a cake/cookie you have made that was inspired by someone else.........especially when you don't know the original designer....just simply say:

"Here's my version of a cake/cookie I saw on CC.....thanks for the inspiration"........then if someone recognizes it, maybe they will send you a friendly IM

OR

"I saw this cake/cookie on CC and thought I'd try it.....thanks for the idea!"

At least this way you are acknowledging that it's not your idea or design eventhough you may not know the name of the original designer

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:44pm
post #65 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

It's only 2 cent

Here's your 3 cent change

i thought since my post was so long i would throw in the extra change. so no need to give me back change. icon_smile.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 11 May 2007 , 4:46pm
post #66 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandisBaked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

It's only 2 cent

Here's your 3 cent change

I thought she was giving us a tip. icon_biggrin.gif

too funny. icon_smile.gif it could be looked at as a tip if you'd like. icon_smile.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:00pm
post #67 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladefly

hmmmm....now when i post a pic .... i have to say certain things.......?
wow. I dont think i even want to post any more photos now, let alone posts. This whole conversation has just left me with a very bad taste.

icon_sad.gif

And i was so happy to be part of this website..... on here everyday........

icon_sad.gif

Don't worry about posting your pics please. We really are a nice community. If you copy a cake completly its nice to say who inspired it, if there are tons like it let it go or just say inspired by CC. When somene just copies an idea than I don't think a thank you is needed , that is why the pics are posted here for ideas. So don't be scared off please, its too much fun here icon_biggrin.gif
I think the OP was just hurt, she is over it so lets all get over it with her please birthday.gif

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:10pm
post #68 of 73
Quote:
Quote:

However, this leads me to ask a related etiquette question. Say we post a picture of a cake here on Cake Central and credit whoever the cc'er was that originated the design. What do we do if we want to post the same picture on a personal web page we might have also? The intended audience for that page isn't any cc'ers so crediting a specific person to someone outside of CC wouldn't really be meaningful to those viewers.

Belindajax

On the matter of crediting a cake if you upload a cc'ers pic onto your own site, then you should still give credit, as a matter of courtesy, surely? Does the cake creator's name need to be meaningful per se? In the world of publishing aren't pictures credited with the name of the person who took them/created them, even if the name will mean little to us?

Housemouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Housemouse Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:11pm
post #69 of 73

oops, sorry! had a line been drawn under this discussion?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:19pm
post #70 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcrew

Here is a simple solution, if you don't want your cakes to be copied, duplicated, whatever - don't post a pic of them. There will be no issues with someone not giving the proper credit. I think this subject goes right along with the ones where folks complain that they don't get enough comments on their pics. Jeesh.

I totally agree! This is getting silly~

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 11 May 2007 , 6:23pm
post #71 of 73

Aren't we going a little overboard here?

If someone copied my "Best of Show" cake, I couldn't get upset - because I copied William Bouguereau's painting (though, I believe he's dead, so I doubt he'd mind). If anyone does a whimsical cake does that originator of that style need to be thanked? If someone knows who to thank and does so, that's a nice gesture (I do it when I know) - but to act like it's a requirement to do so, and an offense if it's not done is a bit ridiculous. Is this a forum or a group therapy session?!?

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:48pm
post #72 of 73

i agree this is getting silly.. This topic has been brought up I can even count how many times in the last week. Personally I think we need to move on. I would be totally flattered if someone used my cakes as inspiration, but I am proud enough of my own work that i am not necessarly looking for that here. I try to give credit when possible. But really who is to say that any of us are the original creators of any design. I get a lot of ideas from wilton,hallmark etc but I don't credit them everytime I make a cake.. get my drift. I want to be here to learn, share and enjoy everyones great cakes! Lets get to baking!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:01am
post #73 of 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocakedecorator

i agree this is getting silly.. This topic has been brought up I can even count how many times in the last week. Personally I think we need to move on. I would be totally flattered if someone used my cakes as inspiration, but I am proud enough of my own work that i am not necessarly looking for that here. I try to give credit when possible. But really who is to say that any of us are the original creators of any design. I get a lot of ideas from wilton,hallmark etc but I don't credit them everytime I make a cake.. get my drift. I want to be here to learn, share and enjoy everyones great cakes! Lets get to baking!

AMEN SISTER!! I AGREE!! Enough is enough. We do cakes, we post cakes, we help each other with cakes, we are friends... then why can't a FRIEND re-create their version of a cake without being accused of stealing an idea. AHHHHH!!! icon_cry.gif I think giving thanks to someone for an idea or inspiration on any cake is totally silly. Once you start decorating the cake it turns into YOURS not the cake you were getting your so called inspiration from. So please chill out about this subject. icon_lol.gif If your cake pic wasn't stollen & used by someone as their own then it isn't stealing. HELLO! icon_eek.gif Ahhhh!!
PS.. I'm not mad I just wish everyone would get over it & stop pointing fingers at each other. Don't Worry, Be Happy! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%