Help! Nfsc, Ri And Freezer

Baking By Cakerer Updated 6 Jun 2007 , 1:09pm by cookiemookie

Cakerer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakerer Posted 10 May 2007 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 9

Can I put NFSC w/antonias icing on them in the freezer or fridge to dry quicker or will it crack?

Thanks!

8 replies
cookiecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiecreations Posted 29 May 2007 , 11:07am
post #2 of 9

Alot of CCer's seem to use a low wattage lamp or fan to help speed up the drying process.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 9

I've frozen them after they were decorated, but never to dry.

I use those stacking cooling racks or (any other available space, usually a table) in front of a regular fan. Works great for me!

lu9129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lu9129 Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 2:29am
post #4 of 9

cookiemookie,

I have been trying to get someone to answer me.
You said that you have frozen cookies after decorated. Can I freeze NSFC covered in fondant??

TIA

Lu

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 5:44am
post #5 of 9

Fondant on cookies freezes fine. You do need to be aware of possible condensation. It will evaporate, but if you have bright colors, they can cause color to bleed.

Otherwise, they are perfect from the freezer.

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 6:37pm
post #6 of 9

After you decorate them, how do you cover them to freeze them? Are they OK in airtight containers? I am making some for Friday and would love to go ahead and bake/decorate them. If I did them today or tomorrow and froze them until Friday morning, would they thaw by Friday afternoon and still taste and look fresh?

Sorry to "jump in" on someone else's post! icon_redface.gif

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:21pm
post #7 of 9

I made these painted cookies, NFSC with antonia's royal and then once they were dry I painted on them with americolor gels...then laid them on a sheet of foam core covered in parchment paper between each layer of cookies and then wrapped the whole thing in plastic wrap and then heavy duty foil......I froze them for about 3 weeks and then when I needed them I pulled them out stuck em' on top of the fridge (3 young kids lol) and left them there for almost an entire day before unwrapping and boxing them and they were perfect......they weren't sticky none of the colors ran they looked exactlly like they do in the photo!!! I was worried that they might be tacky but they weren't
LL

jadak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jadak Posted 5 Jun 2007 , 10:37pm
post #8 of 9

BEAUTIFUL COOKIES! Thanks very much for your response.

cookiemookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemookie Posted 6 Jun 2007 , 1:09pm
post #9 of 9

I'm sorry I didn't get to your question sooner. I ended up in the ER yesterday w/blood pressure issues. All is well now.

I haven't done many cookies with fondant so I never froze them.

I mainly use Antonia's icing, which freezes well when on cookies.

Hope you get the answer you need. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%