Do Clients Keep The Cake Accessories??

Business By whaley_s Updated 10 May 2007 , 8:22pm by Alligande

whaley_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
whaley_s Posted 10 May 2007 , 6:03pm
post #1 of 8

I realize that clients must return cake plates and pillars and what not, but do they keep the decorative non edible pieces that are added to the cake? I'm making a pirate ship and putting some cake topper pirates on it and I don't know if the clients supposed to keep those or if I get them back? I'm assuming they keep them, but just unsure! Thanks!!

7 replies
karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:12pm
post #2 of 8

They will return anything you tell them to return in order to get their equipment deposit back. You could give them the option to purchase, if you like.

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 8

I agree. I usually give them a list with the items that must be returned, it they choose to keep something they will need to pay for it.

Maybe itemize the pirate figures so they know ahead of time.

Good luck!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:19pm
post #4 of 8

I charge them for what I had to pay so I don't have to worry about them coming back

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 8

i do the same as Janette!!!

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:28pm
post #6 of 8

If I were the one buying the cake from you I would assume that anything on or under the cake was mine unless otherwise stated. So my opinion is that you have to think like the client and take it from there.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 10 May 2007 , 7:30pm
post #7 of 8

If it a toy figure that the child would like I incorporate the cost into the cake total. If it is something that I want back I charge a deposit of what it would cost me to replace. HTH

Alligande Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Alligande Posted 10 May 2007 , 8:22pm
post #8 of 8

As a customer I would assume they where mine. With my own cakes I use SPS supports and build it into the cost so many of the weddings and parties here are with out of town clients I would not want the hassle of getting the bits back

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%