I would like to start a buisness in france but i need some answer from you to have an idea for work and money i can win so if you can answer at my question directly on the forum or in private message it will be very cool
- how many order do you have approximativly in a weenk or month ??
- in july / august (holliday) do you have order??
- what is your price for buttercream cake, fondant cake and marzipan cake?
- how do you win in the month?
- do you have an other activity outside? if yes can you explain me your organisation?
- what is your organisation to take your holliday... how many month in advance do you organise it?
- sometime do you want to stop making buisness cake ? if yes or not can you tell me why?
I really need your help because i want make a buisness but i m afraid ! i work half time outside and i don't know if it's interesting to stop working for just making cake i m afraid to hate making cake after long time.
Thank you very much for your help
here's a bump to help u along
You have to decide if you will have enough cake orders to support a business. Since you are fairly new to this, it will take you longer than some more experienced decorators. You have to decide some questions for yourself. Your location is very different from most of us in the USA.
How many cakes do you think people will order in a week/month
How long does it take you to bake, ice, decorate a cake?
Can you work from home, legally, or do you have to have an approved kitchen?
If you have to rent space, you may have other expenses for heat, lights, ovens, water. If you can work from home, an increase in the cost of your lights, water, oven.
Most cake shop owners find that they do not have enough business to keep a shop open. You probably would have to hire someone to help, while you decorate and bake. Also, you would probably have to do more than cake to make enough money to pay your bills.
You are the only one that can tell if you can get enough orders to support a business. It may be best to work for or with another cake person.