Great Hubby Story....he Gets It!!!!!!

Business By indydebi Updated 16 May 2007 , 5:16pm by apclassicwed

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:05am
post #1 of 33

I'm making a going away cake for hubby to take in to work on Friday for a co-worker's last day. I'm attempting my 2nd FBCT for it and he knows what's involved in making one of these.

Today (Wed), someone said to him, "(another co-worker) won't be here on Friday....can you bring the cake in tomorrow (Thurs) instead?"

Hubby told her no .... AND ..... went on to explain why: icon_smile.gif

"We are not a bakery....we dont' have a bunch of cakes sitting around waiting for someone to buy them. This isn't a cake like gramma made where you throw it in the oven for 30 minutes and then just slap some icing on it. She even has to bake it different. This is a big cake she's making. (note from debi: I'm making a 14x22.) You have to bake it so that the outer edges don't get done before the middle of the cake is baked. It takes longer. The design she's doing has to be done ahead of time and it take awhile. It's very involved. We're not a bakery .... we do customized cakes, made to order. If you wanted it on Thursday, you needed to tell her that on Monday."

He went on to explain that I wasn't even in the ktichen today because I had that big cake for 150 to deliver to the state house and I had to stay and serve it for the governor's award ceremony.

He gets it!!!! I'll even forgive him for the "WE" used in his explanation! icon_lol.gif

Gosh, this sure offsets the "stupid husband stories" I posted in the "Crimeny!....." thread! icon_lol.gif

32 replies
ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 10 May 2007 , 1:06am
post #2 of 33

Good for him, you have trained him well. icon_biggrin.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #3 of 33

Can your DH train mine. (his answer was perfect)

czyadgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
czyadgrl Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:36am
post #4 of 33

wow! nice!

cakesbyjess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyjess Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:45am
post #5 of 33

I am VERY impressed! Your DH sounds like a keeper! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:54am
post #6 of 33

He sounds like a keeper to me! The "we" part just makes him feel important in your endevors!!! icon_lol.gif

Kazoot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kazoot Posted 10 May 2007 , 3:59am
post #7 of 33

AAAAAAWWWWWWWWW How sweet!!! Yeah, keep him! LOL icon_lol.gif

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:01am
post #8 of 33

awwww....whatta guy!!!!!!
thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cathyfowler662 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cathyfowler662 Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:10am
post #9 of 33

That's a great story. He's a keeper all right! My DH gets it too. He actually stays in the kitchen with me and cleans EVERYTHING after I use it.

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 10 May 2007 , 4:15am
post #10 of 33

A big thumbs up for your hubby. I need to let mine read this. thumbs_up.gif

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:20pm
post #11 of 33

He's a keeper!

indydebi Posted 10 May 2007 , 12:25pm
post #12 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyfowler662

That's a great story. He's a keeper all right! My DH gets it too. He actually stays in the kitchen with me and cleans EVERYTHING after I use it.

I was sharing these wonderful comments with hubby and when I got to this one (and then gave him "the look" over the top of my glasses), he said, "oh now THAT'S just going too far!"

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 10 May 2007 , 11:17pm
post #13 of 33

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 11 May 2007 , 1:09am
post #14 of 33

Debi,
You are so lucky! I wish that my hubby was like that. He used to be so supportive, but lately, he is more jealous of the cakes than supportive of it.

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 May 2007 , 2:19am
post #15 of 33

He was wonderful to speak up for you! Many husbands would have said, "Let me ask her." In which case he's off the hook and you're the one refusing to get it done sooner.

golfgirl1227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
golfgirl1227 Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:01am
post #16 of 33

Oh, wow. Can he start a school or something?

Ladyofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyofcake Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:06am
post #17 of 33

what a great hubby - you are sooo lucky!
that must have made you feel so good, major kudos to him :O)

OMG cathyfowler662, are you serious?
HOW DID YOU TRAIN HIM???
:O)

indydebi Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:43am
post #18 of 33

Here's the cake he's taking into work tomorrow. The lady who is leaving, Dabney, hit a duck one day while driving into work. Co-workers have not let her live this down. Thus the name "Dabney Duck". Hubby actually came up with this design (much as I hate to give him credit, but he earned this one.)

It's only my 2nd FBCT and I sure have a long way to go before mine start looking at good as the ones I've seen on here. (How do you guys make it look so easy??? icon_confused.gif ). The cake is a 14x22 with a FBCT (and they wanted me to just "slap it together" a day early. icon_confused.gif )

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=505433

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:49am
post #19 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

He gets it!!!! I'll even forgive him for the "WE" used in his explanation! icon_lol.gif

Gosh, this sure offsets the "stupid husband stories" I posted in the "Crimeny!....." thread! icon_lol.gif

And the one in my thread complaining about my DH too. You've trained him well. Please tell us how you did it!

itsajeepthing0196 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsajeepthing0196 Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:51am
post #20 of 33

good for him! thumbs_up.gif

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 11 May 2007 , 3:51am
post #21 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickitilghman

Debi, but lately, he is more jealous of the cakes than supportive of it.

Mine too!!!! Whats up with that?! icon_confused.gif

Indydebi - you're cake is great and so funny! I love it!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:12am
post #22 of 33

Deby, I was thinking you could print out this thread for father's day and tuck it into your card. He'd love to know that you thought so highly of him that you told thousands of people ... and that they all responded so positively!

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 11 May 2007 , 11:53am
post #23 of 33

Your husband is terrific! A real keeper! This is a perfect example of team work!

Your cake is great! Good Job!

squarepair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squarepair Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:06pm
post #24 of 33

Ohh, Debi, that is great. It's nice to see that moment when our years of training finally show that they have paid off!!! icon_wink.gif Give your DH a hug from all of us.

Kristin

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 11 May 2007 , 12:09pm
post #25 of 33

WOOHOO Debi and congrats on the Governor's cake too!! YOU GO GIRL!!

gabbenmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gabbenmom Posted 11 May 2007 , 10:38pm
post #26 of 33

Your cake looks great...as usual! What was her response? Your husband did a great job designing it!!! icon_wink.gif I bet she loved it in an embarrassing sort of way icon_cool.gif

indydebi Posted 12 May 2007 , 12:49am
post #27 of 33

he said it was a big hit. before they even got it to his office area, they had a line of people following them to see it. Some who came in later that morning, after it had been cut, missed it but hubby pulled the emailed photo to show them. the lady who helped him carry it in laughed out loud when she saw it. I am so glad they enjoyed it! She is a doll!

albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 12 May 2007 , 4:53pm
post #28 of 33

Yay!! I love it- ALL of it!

Give your hubby lots of xxxooo from all of us here.

My last cake was for a scrapbooking event I hosted at a church hall- so I put the cake back in the kitchen. As I was finishing setup and guests were arriving, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that my DH was quietly taking guests one at a time back into the kitchen to show off my cake. He was so proud of it, and all of my guests thought he was darling for being so proud of my work.

They can really melt our hearts sometimes!

Silver044 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Silver044 Posted 14 May 2007 , 3:58pm
post #29 of 33

Glad it went well. That sound so funny!!

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 14 May 2007 , 4:08pm
post #30 of 33

Good for you, I feel very lucky that my DH gets it too.

Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%