Does The Bc Dream Recipe On This Site Crust???

Decorating By imaginecakes Updated 9 Sep 2007 , 12:50am by MichelleM77

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 21

Thanks all! icon_biggrin.gif

20 replies
cakesonoccasion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesonoccasion Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 21

Yep. and so, so, good!!

ericablondegirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ericablondegirl Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 21

Yes...It crusts very nicely and tastes very good.

Michelle104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Michelle104 Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 21

I love how the bc dream recipe tastes but although others have told me it works well for them, I have never really gotten a good crust on it. I do definitely love the way it tastes though. I wish I could figure out a way to get it to crust better becausse I think it's the best tasting bc.

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:57pm
post #5 of 21

I love this recipe but also have a hard time getting it to crust... maybe there is a trick out there someone will share!!! icon_smile.gif

imaginecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imaginecakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:58pm
post #6 of 21

Thanks so much!!

KylesMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KylesMom Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

I love how the bc dream recipe tastes but although others have told me it works well for them, I have never really gotten a good crust on it. I do definitely love the way it tastes though. I wish I could figure out a way to get it to crust better becausse I think it's the best tasting bc.

It didn't crust for me either. icon_sad.gif

gina1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gina1221 Posted 9 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #8 of 21

The taste is fabulous but I have not been able to get it to crust either.

Michelle104 Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:02pm
post #9 of 21

Please share if anyone has any helpful hints on how to help it crust better. TIA!

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:07pm
post #10 of 21

I've never used it because I thought it didn't crust

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:08pm
post #11 of 21

I've been wanting to add a tbsp of meringue powder to it (to help it crust) but I haven't had a chance yet.

vitomiriam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitomiriam Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:13pm
post #12 of 21

I follow it to the letter and it always crusts for me.

Teekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Teekakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:16pm
post #13 of 21

Yes! It crusts beautifully. Pictured below is a cake I made just this past Monday and it is frosted with Buttercream Dream. I used a high density roller to smooth the frosting just as I do with any other crusting buttercream.

Editing; Michelle104 wrote- Please share if anyone has any helpful hints on how to help it crust better. TIA!>>>

Michelle, I follow the recipe exactly and it comes out the same every time. I am using the new 0 trans-fat Crisco and pure unsalted butter.
LL

CEC3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CEC3 Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:19pm
post #14 of 21

What is the BC Dream recipe?

Michelle104 Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:25pm
post #15 of 21

Thanks teekakes! I'm def going to try again because this is my fav bc recipe like I said before. It is definitely humid here in MO but it shouldn't make that much difference right???

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 9 May 2007 , 6:38pm
post #16 of 21

I was wondering too if adding Meringue would help

Teekakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:36pm
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle104

Thanks teekakes! I'm def going to try again because this is my fav bc recipe like I said before. It is definitely humid here in MO but it shouldn't make that much difference right???

No it should not matter any more for you than for myself. I live in the extremely humid SE Texas right on Galveston Bay and if I can make it without humidity problems then anyone should be able to I would think.
If you have any problems with it I am sure we can all work through the problem with you one way or another. icon_smile.gif

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 9 May 2007 , 7:38pm
post #18 of 21

If anything, this crusts better for me that the wilton recipe. I followed the recipe exactly, no meringue powder.

Isn't it strange that so many people are having different results??

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 9 May 2007 , 8:23pm
post #19 of 21

I wonder if the difference could be differences in brands/quality of products being used? I have often wondered about this, but don't have the $$$ to test it out!

Teekakes Posted 9 May 2007 , 8:55pm
post #20 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaejrk

I wonder if the difference could be differences in brands/quality of products being used? I have often wondered about this, but don't have the $$$ to test it out!

Shelbur and Renaejrk,
Exactly what I wonder.
We could, and actually should, start a thread for comparing ingredients on one specific recipe. The Buttercream Dream would be a perfect one for the test! The subject matter would have to include only one recipe and exact ingredients and brands used or it would not be successful and accurate. We could then compare and see if specific brands and/or quality is the issue.
Like you I am thinking it is the issue to some having problems.
You want to start the thread or do you want me to? If you want me to start it, it will be later this evening because I am getting ready to turn the vacuum on and won't stop until upstairs and downstairs are both done and then I have to come up with something for dinner...........hmmmmm, maybe PBJ's! icon_lol.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Sep 2007 , 12:50am
post #21 of 21

I know this is an old post, but I made the Buttercream Dream tonight and it did not crust. In fact, it looks mightly greasy and wet. Did anyone ever figure out what might make it crust better? I've read that it's the ratio of sugar to fat. Would adding more PS to this recipe help it crust? I really, really love this recipe, but want to be able to make a tiered cake and have heard that a crusting BC is better for stability than a non-crusting BC.

One little thing I did differently was to add French Vanilla liquid coffee creamer in place of the vanilla flavoring. Do you think this was what caused it not to crust? I also started a new post on this (HDI make Buttercream Dream crust?).

Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%