12" & 14" Round Cake Pans...help!!!!

Decorating By mmdd Updated 5 Jun 2006 , 8:17pm by mrsfish94

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:11am
post #1 of 16

I'm in need of these two sizes of cake pans. I thought I had them, but it just occured to me that I don't. AAAAAGGGHHHH!!!!! icon_cry.gif

Now, I have a wedding cake to do for june 17; and I'm in despereate need of these pans.

Does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy them with fast shipping???

I've checked cc, but they're sold out of so many pans right now.

I do not live close to a michaels or a hobby lobby or anything, well actually the closes michaels is 1 1/2 hours away and I prefer NOT to drive that far.

Maybe one of you can let me borrow these pans, lol!

Can anyone help, please!!!!!

15 replies
Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:12am
post #2 of 16

Have you tried e-bay?

I'm bidding on some really cool stuff right now...tons of cake stuff and pans on there! icon_smile.gif

Otherwise...road trip to Michaels is my only idea.

SweetThistleCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetThistleCakes Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:22am
post #3 of 16

Do you have an AceMart by you? They have a great selection fo pans there and then tend to be pretty inexpensive.

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:27am
post #4 of 16

Don't you have a store there that you can rent pans from? I don't know what I'd do without the $2.00 rentals from Bulk Barn!

mmdd Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:35am
post #5 of 16

I've been looking at ebay.

I've never heard of an acemart! What do they sell?

Hmm.....cake pan rentals...........do you know of very many places that do this? I've never heard of a bulk barn.

gilson6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilson6 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:46am
post #6 of 16

Where do you live?

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:47am
post #7 of 16

mmdd - where are you located? i might know a couple of people that could loan one to you but need to know your location first =)

leily

mmdd Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:54am
post #8 of 16

I'm in Kentucky.

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:03am
post #9 of 16

I purchased a cake pan set from ebay two weeks ago for the cakes I am doing this weekend ....and the seller moved....and I still don't have my cake pans!!!!!! icon_mad.gif I am not happy ...so you can't always trust ebay sellers. At this point I would only use a retail store. Have you tried calling the Michaels and asking if they would ship them to you??? I would ask the manager there. I bet they would.

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 4:09am
post #10 of 16

Michael's and JoAnn's have online stores that you can use 40 and 50% off coupons. You can order, have them shipped, and get a discount.

mmdd Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 11:38am
post #11 of 16

Sorry to hear about that,mrsfish. I hope you get your pans soon. That's one reason why I really didn't want to fool with them.

Some nice person on here is letting me borrow her cake pan, so problem solved....for now, but I'm still gonna get 12 & 14 pans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leta

Michael's and JoAnn's have online stores that you can use 40 and 50% off coupons. You can order, have them shipped, and get a discount.

Wow! I didn't know that. I'll look into it. Thanks!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 11:42am
post #12 of 16

What about a Ben Franklin? We have one and I just love there selection - much better than Michaels in my area and they have been running an instore 15% off wilton for several months now....

clb307 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clb307 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 11:48am
post #13 of 16

What about kitchen supply stores? Crate and Barrel? Sur la Table? Maybe even Bed Bath & Beyond?

You can also try just everyday stores and see if by chance they have any. I went to a Walmart once that had Wilton stuff in the craft section of the store.

mmdd Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:29pm
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakecre8tor

What about a Ben Franklin? We have one and I just love there selection - much better than Michaels in my area and they have been running an instore 15% off wilton for several months now....

We have a ben franklin, but I've never seen any cake supplies there. They have fish & lizards & birds, though, lol!

But,thanks for that...maybe I'll check there again.

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 5:49pm
post #15 of 16

If you check www.Wilton.com, you could also order from their store.

mrsfish94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrsfish94 Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 8:17pm
post #16 of 16

I got my pans TODAY!!!!!! I am so happy!!!

Glad to hear that your getting to borrow from someone!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%