Barnyard Cake Ideas

Decorating By Winnie Updated 2 Nov 2004 , 8:02pm by GHOST_USER_NAME

Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 2 Nov 2004 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 3

I need to decorate a cake for a 3 yr old and she wants a barnyard cake...any ideas?

Also this may sound stupid but how do you cut a cupcake cake?

2 replies
MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 2 Nov 2004 , 6:27pm
post #2 of 3

I recently did a barnyard cake. I frosted the top of the cake in a light brown and sprinkled it w/graham crumbs to resemble dirt, the sides( I didn't do a cupcake cake) in white. Sectioned the top of the cake into 4ths and used a decorating comb, on three of the sections, in different directions, to resemble the lines you see in a crop field, used some yellow buttercream to make little stand up cornstalks in one section, used some green buttercream w/tip 234 to make little green things in another section. In the third section I used a light brown little balls. Each section resembled a little "crop". In the forth section, where I didn't use the decorating comb, I put a plastic barn w/shrubs around it and then positioned a tractor somewhere on top. Trimmed the top and bottom border w/ a darker green to resemble grass, using tip 234 again. Sorry to say, that it is one of the cakes I made and didn't take a picture. BTW..no need to cut a cupcake cake, each person just takes a "cupcake" Hope this helps! Happy baking, Missey

GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 2 Nov 2004 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 3

Cupcake Cakes... wonderful invention!!! No cutting involved, but they do break much more easily when room temperature and not straight from the refrigerator. Also, it is best to grab the cupcake and lift straight up. We tend to want to pull it to the side. Lifting straight up gives a cleaner break in the icing. Kids can handle this task very well. I show them once with the first cake and they do great. It's adults who I have to remind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%