Please Help!!!!! Strange Request!

Decorating By ken Updated 6 Jun 2006 , 12:35am by imakecakes

ken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ken Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 9:00am
post #1 of 13

Hello All,
I am COMPLETELY LOST on what to do for this cake that I just got an order for. Its for a Chief of Engineer (female) who is having a Bowling Party but is in love with Tropical Fish and moving to Savannah, Georgia. Somebody PLEASE HELP ME! For some reason, just thinking of something to do for this is giving me a headache. The lady that ordered it said she would like all of these things or at least a few of them incorporated in the cake and to make it kind of FUNKY and not Boring. Any help would be appreciated.

12 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 9:41am
post #2 of 13

Wow, I got a headache just thinking about it!

How about seahorses for bowling pins, a puffer fish for a ball, and a mermaid or deep sea diver for the bowler, at Atlantis Lanes (that's as close as I can get to Atlanta). Don't forget the vintage bowling shirt!

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ken Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:00pm
post #3 of 13

Thanks Theresa. Does anyone else have any ideas? This one is a tough one and I need you all's help. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:06pm
post #4 of 13

Hmmmm
A car with suitcases and boxes strapped on top. Add fishtank slopping water out the back and bowling bag. Sign pointing the way to Savannah?

jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn123

Hmmmm
A car with suitcases and boxes strapped on top. Add fishtank slopping water out the back and bowling bag. Sign pointing the way to Savannah?

I love that idea!

Vmoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vmoore Posted 2 Jun 2006 , 4:02pm
post #6 of 13

Jenn123's idea is a great way to get it all in there! You could also add cupcakes around the cake iced to look like bowling balls or pins. Just a thought...

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 6:41am
post #7 of 13

I would maybe do a movie theme cake, Wait....I will explain....Like her name is on a star on the hollywood walk of fame,with her happy bday, whatever, then do a movie film reel, with different interests in each frame. You could use FBCT or Choc transfer, or edible images. Make some more stars or some popcorn to throw around. Most people like movies, Maybe it's not her theme, but it could be more unified than the cake she described.

ken Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 11:01am
post #8 of 13

thanks all. i'm going to try to put some things together from what you all suggested. thanks. i have until the 6th, so anymore ideas are welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 11:28am
post #9 of 13

Wow those are some really cool ideas. I couldn't even begin to think of something!I guess I am just better with someone telling me what they want. Good luck...Make sure to post the cake. I love to see what you come up with.

Lisa

oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 6:56pm
post #10 of 13

I would say that a cartoon fish, holding a bowling ball would be easier, but I don't know...

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 3 Jun 2006 , 9:07pm
post #11 of 13

How about using 3"deep pans and layer so that you have tall sides and put a different theme on each side. Bowling alley on one side, fish on another, moving van or new home on one and engineer type paraphenalia (Pocket protector, ruler, calculator etc...) on the last. For the top you can do a fancy "Happy Birthday _________". Just another thought... This IS a toughy!

ken Posted 4 Jun 2006 , 1:20pm
post #12 of 13

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!! I honestly don't know what I would have done with all of your help. imakecakes, that is a WONDERFUL idea and I think that I will try to do that, key word: TRY! But I'll make sure to post pics of it. THANKS A MILLION!!!!!!!!!!!

imakecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imakecakes Posted 6 Jun 2006 , 12:35am
post #13 of 13

You're welcome! Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%