Omg!! It Finally Happened!!

Decorating By sugartopped Updated 1 Jun 2006 , 9:44am by fosterscreations

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 28 May 2006 , 6:09pm
post #31 of 38

I am so sorry that happend to you! You cake looked amazing!!!

Helendelk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Helendelk Posted 28 May 2006 , 6:36pm
post #32 of 38

Here is a nice link to some stress free supports and a reasonable price...
http://www.lauras-cakes.com/supports.htm

Sorry about your beautiful cake.... but we all learn by error even tho we hate to learn the hard way...

Luckily you got pictures of your cake before and they could see just how beautiful you really did....

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 28 May 2006 , 6:47pm
post #33 of 38

For those of you who already have, or have ordered the stress free supports ... Would you share the link for where you purchased them?

thanks
Jean

Mac Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mac Posted 28 May 2006 , 6:53pm
post #34 of 38

I contacted Earlene Moore at www.earlenescakes.com

I think she now has a link on her website.

bridgett413 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bridgett413 Posted 31 May 2006 , 10:24pm
post #35 of 38

I am so sorry that happened to you! The cake was incredible though. I've never done a stacked cake like that, so here's a really stupid question. When you talk about using dowels, are they going through the entire cake, from top to bottom, or are there just some in each layer? If they go through layers how do you get them to go through the cardboard piece on the bottom of each layer? Again, I'm really sorry that happened to you. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry for you!

sugartopped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugartopped Posted 31 May 2006 , 11:24pm
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgett413

I am so sorry that happened to you! The cake was incredible though. I've never done a stacked cake like that, so here's a really stupid question. When you talk about using dowels, are they going through the entire cake, from top to bottom, or are there just some in each layer? If they go through layers how do you get them to go through the cardboard piece on the bottom of each layer? Again, I'm really sorry that happened to you. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry for you!

here is a link to doing stacked/tiered cakes!! and I very gently use a hammer to get through the cake boards...b/c I usually use two boards underneath each layer...so I can't just 'push' the dowel through.

http://cakecentral.com/article23-Teired-Stacked-Cake-Construction.html

HTH,
Christine

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 4:00am
post #37 of 38

You poor thing! But, the cake was beautiful, and at least you have the pictures to prove it. Remember that we're usually hardest on ourselves -- others are usually very forgiving, especially when they realize how tough it must be to be in that kind of position.

Sarah

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 9:44am
post #38 of 38

OMG that is beautiful. I am so sorry that happened to you. I agree more dowels or the wider plastic dowels.
At least you have a before picture for your portfolio.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%