Peter Pan - Side Ideas Needed!

Decorating By MikeRowesHunny Updated 5 May 2007 , 10:09pm by MikeRowesHunny

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:15am
post #1 of 8

I'm making a Peter Pan cake next week and the top of the cake is going to have a large (8x11in!) chocolate transfer on it, but as it's a 2-layer 1/4 sheet, I'm looking for ideas to do on the sides - I hate the look of 4in sides left plain, so I want something to fill the gaps in. I thought about fondant swords (I have a sword cookie cutter), because the chocolate transfer is of Peter Pan & Cpt Hook having a sword fight (not my choice!), but maybe I need something a little less violent!

So any ideas of what I could do? It's for a boy, other wise I would have done flowers or something (Tinkerbellish!). Thanks!

7 replies
FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:24am
post #2 of 8

I recently did a Peter PAn cake as well. I got a photo of Hooks pirate ship with him on the bow and put it on the side - like a siloette (sp?). On the back side I used the outlines of the kids and peter flying. Its in my pics. Hope this helps! icon_smile.gif

jamiet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiet Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:29am
post #3 of 8

You could make it look like the sky with the clouds and maybe some waves at the bottom for the border since peterpan spends so much time flying. The clouds would look really nice if they were fluffy and white and stood out from the side a little. Good Luck!!

gakali Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gakali Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:31am
post #4 of 8

I found this one in the gallery....not sure if you'd want to spend that much time on more chocolate transfers, but it's cute!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_358733.html

The sword cut-outs sounds like a good idea too! Or maybe crocodiles, clocks.....? Good luck! Post a picture when you're done!

MikeRowesHunny Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:34am
post #5 of 8

Fatand Happy - that cake is gorgeous, far more involved than mine will be! Great idea about the silouettes! The background colour for the cake will be light green with dark green borders, so sky (although a great idea!) won't work.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:35am
post #6 of 8

Great ideas! Keep them coming!

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 5 May 2007 , 8:10pm
post #7 of 8

On the sides of the Peter Pan cake I did a few years ago, I piped the words "Second star to the right then straight on 'til morning" which is the directions to Neverland.

MikeRowesHunny Posted 5 May 2007 , 10:09pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by prterrell

On the sides of the Peter Pan cake I did a few years ago, I piped the words "Second star to the right then straight on 'til morning" which is the directions to Neverland.

Oh, that's lovely! I have some little silver stars leftover from a cake I did recently too! I could write that on the longer sides and use something else on the shorter sides - thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%