Cake In A Commercial...

Decorating By onebigdogmama Updated 31 May 2006 , 6:59pm by coffeecake

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:22pm
post #1 of 27

I was watching TV this morning and a commercial came on for Crest Pro-health mouth was that does not use alcohol. Anyways, it shows a gal getting up to go to work. Guess she's a baker/cake decorator. Shows her icing a cake, placing fondant on it, stacking and putting lattice and flowers on. I seen so many details. It is only, what, 60 second commerical? Now tell me, who's got cake on the brain? LOL! So for I have seen it twice. Has anyone else seen it? Just wanted to share.
PS went to the crest site to see if they have the commercial on a video--nope.

26 replies
sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:26pm
post #2 of 27

I haven't seen the commercial yet. Sure would like to.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:26pm
post #3 of 27

I have seen that......I love that cake! Very pretty and delicate looking. Wish my brush embroidery looked like that! icon_smile.gif

shrek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shrek Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:28pm
post #4 of 27

I have seen the commercial many times, and many times say "I would love to make that cake"

tgirl22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tgirl22 Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:30pm
post #5 of 27

My entire family and all of my friends have asked me about this commercial many times....I have NEVER seen it!! Guess I don't watch enough tv....

SheilaF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheilaF Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 27

I have not seen it either. My TV spends most of it's time on the Disney channel or PBS kids, and I doubt they'd run that commercial...

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 27 May 2006 , 2:53pm
post #7 of 27

It IS a gorgeous cake!

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 27 May 2006 , 3:31pm
post #8 of 27

I have seen this one many times also, and I too love it and wish I could make something like this.

ps3884 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ps3884 Posted 27 May 2006 , 3:45pm
post #9 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

Wish my brush embroidery looked like that! icon_smile.gif

That was my first thought too, the first time I saw the comercial!! Maybe someday. It is a beautiful cake.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:17am
post #10 of 27

It was just on my TV!! ABC is the station......(Enemy of the State is the movie that is on right now)

angelas2babies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelas2babies Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:20am
post #11 of 27

I love that cake, too! My husband always smiles and tells me my commercial is on. LOL.

Angie

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:23am
post #12 of 27

What I love is her customer's reaction. Yeah! That's what we wanna see!

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 28 May 2006 , 2:29am
post #13 of 27

So I just emailed the Crest Pro website and asked
who decorated the cake in the commerical.
So hopefully they email back.
The cake is beautiful.
v

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:14am
post #14 of 27

Yes, it is a beautiful cake. Are we to assume she did this cake all in one day? Then we know it's television!

Anyone see Desperate Housewives two weeks back, Bree was decorating a cake for her daughter and couldn't get it right? icon_lol.gif

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:25am
post #15 of 27

Yes ! Boy could I relate to Bree at that moment - justs one more time and it will be perfect, I know it, oops that is even worsee, well since I have scraped it off once, twice, already - the next one will look better. icon_cry.gif

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:43am
post #16 of 27

i've seen that commercial several times and I love the cake! I only wish my brushed work good look that good.this is the one with the blue cake and her name is Annie...right?just want to see if i'm on the same wavelenght here lol!

IsaacsMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IsaacsMom Posted 28 May 2006 , 3:59am
post #17 of 27

I love that cake! I had to see the commercial a few times before I could even remember what it was for.

My husband got yelled at yesterday for changing the channel while that commercial was playing. He looked at me like I had three heads when I yelled at him. I said "she was DECORATING a CAKE!!!!!" icon_lol.gificon_redface.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:00am
post #18 of 27

ok...am I th eonly one who sees this commercial and thinks.....uhhh she used her finger to brush that flower!!!!! icon_surprised.gificon_confused.gif

o0lilnikki0o Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
o0lilnikki0o Posted 28 May 2006 , 4:33am
post #19 of 27

one thing that was weird, when i FIRST got into cake decorating, i wasnt sure if i was going to take the classes, and i was reluctant with the money, and EVERY time iwould watch tv that EXACT commercial would come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i figured it was a sign from the cake gods icon_biggrin.gif

i was meant to do it lol icon_rolleyes.gif

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 28 May 2006 , 10:48pm
post #20 of 27

Watch carefully when she stacks one of the layers on the top, she picks it up and sets it down holding only the sides of the cake not the bottom. So we know the cake definitely looks better than it tastes--ugh styrofoam. Anyway, I think it is a georgeous cake.

And As long as she didn't lick her finger then stick it back on the cake, I think Annie's okay. icon_razz.gif

fosterscreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fosterscreations Posted 29 May 2006 , 7:04am
post #21 of 27

I love that commercial. I see it almost everyday. I can't remember what channel though.

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 29 May 2006 , 7:21am
post #22 of 27

I have seen that commercial too! I love that cake! Image

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 29 May 2006 , 10:47am
post #23 of 27

I want to know how she gets that blue color effect on the fondant. That aint no airbrush !

sarahlr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahlr Posted 29 May 2006 , 11:45am
post #24 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelightsByE

I want to know how she gets that blue color effect on the fondant. That aint no airbrush !

I thought the same thing when I saw that commercial! I am new at this whole thing and thought how much I would love to learn how to make my fondant colored like that!

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 29 May 2006 , 4:51pm
post #25 of 27

I've seen that commercial, too. very pretty cake - she (or the producers) did a great job on the brushed embroidery.

vixterfsu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vixterfsu Posted 31 May 2006 , 3:56pm
post #26 of 27

Okay,
So I told you all that I emailed Crest Pro about the cake and this was their response:

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
In your commercial about the cake decorator, the buzz in the cake decorators ...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (RightNow Administrator) - 05/31/2006 11:45 AM
Hi Vicki,

I'm glad our Crest Pro-Health Rinse advertising caught your attention, and I wish I could help with your request.

The props like the cake used in our ads are purchased or rented by the advertising agencies we hire. Typically our agencies don't keep a record of the cost of these items, where they were obtained, or the name of the manufacturer.

We've tried to get this information, but it just isn't available. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

Thanks for stopping by!

Beth
Crest Team

Sorry Ladies, I guess we will have to admire the
cake from a far.
vicki

coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 31 May 2006 , 6:59pm
post #27 of 27
Quote:
Quote:

He looked at me like I had three heads when I yelled at him. I said "she was DECORATING a CAKE!!!!!"

- Issacsmom - LOL!

vixterfsu - thanks for making the inquiry and sharing the response!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%