Finished 1St Cake

Decorating By cshelz Updated 5 May 2007 , 4:45am by cshelz

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:34am
post #1 of 6

Well, with all your help and my class under my belt, I made my first cake icon_biggrin.gif . Mama is so proud.lol It is not perfect by any means, but I like it. I had some problems but fixed them. WhenI put the 2 9x13 cakes together I was not straight on. Oh well! It still looks good for my first. I will post pics in a few days. I keep looking at it and it looks cute. It is for my daughters 11th birthday. The only thing I have not done is put Happy B-Day on it. I am to nervous, I can not write on cakes for some reason. Any way it is my first and I will know I will look back on it and what was i doing.lol Thanks again for all your help.

I do have a ? How do I cover it without messing it up? I have fake palm trees in it and not sure how to cover it. Any help?

Thanks
Michelle

5 replies
albumangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
albumangel Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:13am
post #2 of 6

Congrats on your first! icon_smile.gif

In the past I have just put the cake in a cake box, then if the cake is too tall, I prop and/or tape open the top of the box so that it's still somewhat covering the cake. Then I'll put plastic wrap over the "gap."

ShayShay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShayShay Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:17am
post #3 of 6

when i do an odd shaped cake or a tall cake, i put it in a big rubbermaid container until it is delivered to the customer.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #4 of 6

Congratulations on your cake.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:23am
post #5 of 6

Like albumangel said make the box fit as best as you can,make sure you put supports so it does not fall on the cake and cover with plastic wrap.

For writing on your cake, you can do a couple of things, get your cake pan out, use your computer to write out your message in a easy font the size you need, stick that to the bottom of the cake pan, put a piece of wax paper on top of that then using a small cone of icing make a little dot on the top or bottom of the letters. Then follow the font and writing. I would do this about 5-8 times. After that, take the piece of paper out and try it 3 more times.
Approximating where the writing should be. You will be amazed as how comfortable you will get to writing up higher and at just doing it.

It's practice practice practice. Always practice and practice some more.

Good Luck.

cshelz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cshelz Posted 5 May 2007 , 4:45am
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much! I had fun decorating and on Tuesday I am making a car cake in class. I put the cake in a Costco box and covered top with foil. It is not air tight but covered.

thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%