Mmf Vs Regular Fondant

Decorating By chocomama Updated 5 Sep 2015 , 6:03am by Tess-LeCoil

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 24 May 2006 , 4:14pm
post #1 of 8

Does MMF ever get as hard as regular fondant? I'd like to use it to make some roses but I'm worried that they won't stiffen.

7 replies
prettycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycake Posted 24 May 2006 , 4:23pm
post #2 of 8

Yes, yes and yes... MMF is 100% better.. thumbs_up.gif

chocomama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocomama Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:43pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks!

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:45pm
post #4 of 8

In my experience, it takes MMF longer to harden. To help with the process, I suggest adding gum-tex to the MMF.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 8

Patton78 is definitely right. MMF is soooo much easier to work with, but you'll be waiting for days if you want it to harden. Adding gumtex to MMF is the way to go.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:49pm
post #6 of 8

I don't have a problem with MMF hardening at all. I'm sure it'll all be to do with the humidity and so on where you live!

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 24 May 2006 , 5:55pm
post #7 of 8

That's true because I live in east Texas where the humidity is consistently above 75% even on a sunny day!

Tess-LeCoil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tess-LeCoil Posted 5 Sep 2015 , 6:03am
post #8 of 8

Ok. I live in Kentucky, and for those of you who don't know  (I assume all of you, lol) the humidity here is so crazy we are slowly evolving gills. You said the humidity could cause the Marshmallow Fondant to not harden? Here's the thing, I DETEST fondant, I think it taste like playdough, but I love the look. For years I refused to use it, but I recently bought a mold I am dying to play with, that's too big to do a candy with, so I am breaking my no fondant rule. I found marshmallow fondant online, and I like most marshmallow items, so I'm  hoping I will like this better. Does anyone have any tips to harden it, store it, and good recipes? 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%