Need Ideas For 50Th Anniv.

Decorating By Gretta Updated 23 May 2006 , 3:25pm by talking_head

Gretta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gretta Posted 23 May 2006 , 2:52am
post #1 of 7

I am making a three tier cake for my parent's 50th anniv. that they will serve for dinner guests, about 100 family members. They would also like some small, bite size morsels for the open house/dance that will follow the dinner which they will invite probably another 80 people or so. I am not concerned about quantities but would like some delicious, easy recipes for the smaller treats they want for the open house. I would especially like recipes that freeze well so I can make them ahead of time and concentrate my efforts on the cake in the days just proceeding the anniv. **Just as an aside** I would really like the treats to have that "WOW" affect, as there will be many family members present and you know how 'you are never an expert in your own town'. I would like to show them that my little "hobby" is more than that. Any recipes you can pass my way would be appreciated. Thanks!

6 replies
Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karennayak Posted 23 May 2006 , 8:46am
post #3 of 7

Hi,
I did a Golden wedding Cake (50th Wedding Anniversary) last year. It's in my photos if you would like to take a look. I was very happy with the way it turned out.
All the best,
Karen

Gretta Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:06pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the link and sharing your pics. (Btw- Karen, my two boys loved your Harry Potter cake!)

Gretta Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:07pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks for the link and sharing your pics. (Btw- Karen, my two boys loved your Harry Potter cake!)

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:24pm
post #6 of 7

What about doing chocolate coverd strawberries for the treats? For Mother's Day, I made them with the candy center kinda like chocolate covered cherries.........they tasted awesome! You could dip them is white chocolate and paint their initial on that in gold luster dust/vodka.......just a thought. Please post a picture when you are done.....

BTW, I did a 50th Anniversary cake for my grandparents last year.....It was huge! It's in my photos.....Fed almost 500 people.........it was a surprise party- so they did not know I was in town, much less making the cake!

50 years is a long time......I know they will be proud of whatever you come up with! Good Luck! icon_biggrin.gif

talking_head Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
talking_head Posted 23 May 2006 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

For my son's birthday last month, I made the egg-free(he
s allergic) cake from this site and froze it. It froze very well.. it uses oil, so it wasn't dry and it cut well.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%