Oreo Frosting Anyone???

Decorating By sharitos Updated 12 May 2007 , 6:15pm by licia

sharitos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sharitos Posted 2 May 2007 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 18

Hi Everybody! I am making a cake for my sister. can anyone please tell me how to make Oreo frosting (as the filling)? I'll feel very silly if it just oreos with BC, but I wanted to make sure. Thanks!

17 replies
caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 2 May 2007 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 18

Silly- and right! icon_lol.gif
There's a recipe posted here that is basically whipped cream with crushed oreos, and it is good- but others suggested just puting oreos in vanilla BC. It is easier, sets up better, and holds up better than the whipped cream, and you don't have to worry about refrigeration. Once I tried it that way, that's all I do now for cookies and cream filling! Something about those little cookies- people can't get enough of them! It's a very popular filling.

prterrell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prterrell Posted 2 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #3 of 18

If you want a richer, creamier filling, and don't care if it has to be refrigerated, you can make a faux bavarian/boston creme and mix the crushed Oreos in with it:

1 cup whole milk
1 pkg (4 serving size) regular (not sugar-free) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 regular size tub original Cool-Whip

Mix the milk and pudding mix together until the pudding is dissolved. Fold in the Cool Whip. You can then fold in as many crushed Oreos as you like until you get a consistency that you like.

You can also put this filling in an Oreo-cookie pie crust and top with more Cool-Whip = Oreo Pie. It's addictively yummy!

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 2 May 2007 , 10:53pm
post #4 of 18

I got my recipe from the WBH book and it was whip cream with oreo's folded in. It is very good but not very stable as a filling in the cake. After a couple of days it deflates a bit. Next time I would just add it to my BC.
Jacqui

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 2 May 2007 , 10:57pm
post #5 of 18

I just make by butter cream a little thinner - add in about 1 row of oreo's (after putting them into the food processor) and let the mixer add them in. It is one of our most popular cakes/filling.

Good Luck!

missym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missym Posted 2 May 2007 , 11:09pm
post #6 of 18

Wow! This sounds so good! I would just never even have thought about this. So, what kind of cake are you using with the oreo filling? Thanks for sharing.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 3 May 2007 , 12:50am
post #7 of 18

small tub whipped cream, 8oz pkg cream cheese, 12 double stuffed oreo cookies. Cream the cream cheese, fold in whipped cream, crumble cookies in small pieces, stir together and get ready for all the compliments you'll get on the great tasting filling!!
So easy. I usually make with double fudge chocolate cake topped with Chef Taz's ganache. MMMMMMMMMM so good.

Deani Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deani Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:01am
post #8 of 18

I have a recipe I use for a quick cream like filling (mock cream). Make a simple syrup using 4 tablespoons of water and 4 tablespoons of sugar. Cool it and then cream 4 oz butter until it is really white and creamy, trickle in the syrup and keep beating until it is of whipped cream consistency. You can make more or less just keep the ratio of 1 tbsp water and 1 tbp sugar to 1 oz butter. Crushed oreos go really well in this, so does lemon curd/butter or jam.

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:48am
post #9 of 18

Buttercream icing with crushed Oreos (food proccessor). Everyone loves it.

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 3 May 2007 , 2:19am
post #10 of 18

YUMMY...

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 3 May 2007 , 4:03am
post #11 of 18

I just crush up oreos and mix it with my whipped frosting...

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:03pm
post #12 of 18

another vote for just crushing up oreos in B/C. My family loves it.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 3 May 2007 , 1:52pm
post #13 of 18

I've used this filling with Golden yellow or chocolate cake.
Jacqui

sharitos Posted 3 May 2007 , 8:46pm
post #14 of 18

Thank youeveryone for your tips!!! I am going to use a chocolate mix. What do you think? Too much chocolate for 4th graders? IMPOSSIBLE...

rbatia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbatia Posted 5 May 2007 , 3:47am
post #15 of 18

i always crush the oreo with bc it taste good and easy

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 5 May 2007 , 2:18pm
post #16 of 18

I used a box of oreo's cookies'n'cream instant pudding and mixed it with 2 cups of whipping cream for a filling in the 'darn good' chocolate cake and mmmmm...oh so yumy!!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

sharitos Posted 5 May 2007 , 11:03pm
post #17 of 18

Life is good!!!

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 12 May 2007 , 6:15pm
post #18 of 18

Oreo Cooking Filling..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%