Ka Owners...

Decorating By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 19 May 2006 , 11:01pm by AgentCakeBaker

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 19 May 2006 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 10

Do you put your stuff in the dishwasher? I never have, b/c the manual says not too, but my Wilton instructor says she does all the time...mainly so there is NO residual grease for when she does royal icing. I have not had an issue with residual grease...I use Joy detergent.

9 replies
Euphoriabakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Euphoriabakery Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:01pm
post #2 of 10

I put all of my attachments, bowl and plastic shield in the dishwasher all the time nd have had no problems.

onebigdogmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
onebigdogmama Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 10

My dishwasher is broken so I do it my hand. Hot soapy water. I use Dawn.

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:01pm
post #4 of 10

Yes; my paddle and hook go in the DW. I hand wash my bowl; but I think my husband has stuck it in the DW before.

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 10

I think it depends on whic model you have. I have the 6qt pro and the dishwasher seems to pit the metal attachments. I do put the bowl in the dishwasher though.

aubrazacmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubrazacmom Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 10

I also have the 6qt pro and I stick everything in the dishwasher (attachments and bowl) and I have never had a problem. I might have to look more closely to see if the attachments are pitted or not.

mbalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbalis Posted 19 May 2006 , 5:47pm
post #7 of 10

I always put the bowl & paddle in the d/w. I didn't know that about the manual. icon_smile.gif I have the Professional 5.

Edited to add: I just went to the KA website,and for the white coated attachments, d/w is okay, not for 'burmished' ones.

buzzybee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buzzybee Posted 19 May 2006 , 9:25pm
post #8 of 10

I am not putting my second child...um I mean KA attachments in the dishwasher! icon_wink.gif Oh and I also polish it up when it's dry. That's not weird, right??

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 19 May 2006 , 9:29pm
post #9 of 10

My dishwasher is ME, so what I do is rub dishwashing liquid all over the pieces and let them lay for about 5 min. then I rinse with my sprayer with EXTREMELY HOT water; and then I wash as normal.

(I Polish mine too, lol!!)

AgentCakeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AgentCakeBaker Posted 19 May 2006 , 11:01pm
post #10 of 10

I like to wash my KA supplies by hand. I guess b/c I'm so proud that I have a Kitchen Aid.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%