What Is The Difference Between Vanilla And French Vanilla?

Decorating By kathik Updated 6 Feb 2014 , 1:42pm by cazza1

unicorn5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unicorn5 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 5:53am
post #31 of 39

I know that this tread is 7 years old, but this is what I would think first if asked to do a tipical "french" vanilla cake.

This is the best step by step tutorial I was able to find. If you have any problems with translation, just PM me.Hope this helps.

http://totchie.canalblog.com/archives/2013/05/26/27194243.html

unicorn5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
unicorn5 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 6:10am
post #32 of 39

And just for info, when making this cake we only wear beret if we feel teribbly "unfrench" on particular morning.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:32am
post #33 of 39

I actually make my regular vanilla cake and use french dressing rather than buttermilk, and some stinky french cheeses, while wearing a french maid costume (the Shexy one) AND a beret, while drinking a good bordeaux. voilà! Vanille gâteau!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 7:37am
post #34 of 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I actually make my regular vanilla cake and use french dressing rather than buttermilk, and some stinky french cheeses, while wearing a french maid costume (the Shexy one) AND a beret, while drinking a good bordeaux. voilà! Vanille gâteau!

LOL - I can just see you totally doing this :lol:

IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 8:20am
post #35 of 39

AAhahaha Anna!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 9:29am
post #36 of 39

And do you say "WULLA"  when you are finished and presenting it to whoever?

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 9:44am
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cazza1 

And do you say "WULLA"  when you are finished and presenting it to whoever?

I tell them profiter, mais ne dites à personne où il vient!

http://translate.google.com/?oe=utf-8&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sl=en&tl=fr&text=&client=ob#en/fr/enjoy%2C%20but%20don%27t%20tell%20anyone%20where%20it%20came%20from

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 1:12pm
post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

In honor of the winter Olympics, what about using Russian dressing for a truly unique taste adventure? Would the French object? (And Annabakescakes, please ask your kids to take photos.)

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 6 Feb 2014 , 1:42pm
post #39 of 39

Desole, annna cuit des gâteaux, Je ne comprende pas le francaise. (apologies to all french speakers for my possible grammar and spelling mistakes but it is 39 years since I learnt French at school). 

Shame, shame on you Anna.  I had to google translate it.  Hmm, I could have posted it as a thread instead of doing my own research and it would have only taken me days longer to get a result!!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%