Food Network Fantasy Weddings! -What Did U Think???

Decorating By MissRobin Updated 25 May 2007 , 1:35am by ChristieC

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 1 May 2007 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 10

Did you all see the Fantasy Wedding show last night with all of the beautiful wedding cakes and awesome food and pastries. The designer that won the cake challenge with Collette Peters was on and did the most beautiful cake!! I can't think what her name is but I think she posted on here after the cake challenge!! Anyway, just wondered what you all thought!

9 replies
MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 10

I missed most of it!!! But I spotted Marina Sousa and Mike from Mikes Amazing Cakes. I saw the car cake he did for the guy (can't remember the name) the always does the hosting on the cake contests, and it was soooo adorable. He didn't want to cut it.

I also watched the following Wedding special on Unwrapped and was suprised to see, as the host mentioned, the oldest cake decorators in the country (and they showed the two elderly guys, really cute) were still at the decorating business.

What I was surprised about was to see that they still used the style used on those days (maybe 60's and 70's) and used even the plastic bells (remember those?) to decorate the tiers. Here is a link to their website and if you look closely on some of them, like The Princess cake, you can see the plastic bells.

Here a link: http://www.roeserscakes.com/wedding-gallery.html

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:27pm
post #3 of 10

Marina Sousa, was the name I couldn't think of, her cake was awesome, looks like it's going to be an exciting week on Food Network.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:44pm
post #4 of 10

I missed it!! Does anyone know if it will be on again?

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 4:49pm
post #5 of 10

Yes, on May 5 at 7:00pm ET/PT and on May 6 at 4:00pm ET/PT.

tinascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tinascakes Posted 1 May 2007 , 6:09pm
post #6 of 10

Thanks, I'll set my vcr.

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 1 May 2007 , 11:40pm
post #7 of 10

There was another cake there. They didn't say who made it, but it was beautiful. It looked like it was wrapped with a flower design. It was my favorie one. I wish they had a pic of it somewhere.

smolie6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smolie6 Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:43am
post #8 of 10

I fairly certain the flower wrapped cake was done by Mike Mccarey. He also did the car cake.

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 6 May 2007 , 11:31pm
post #9 of 10

Keegan Gearhardt's wedding cake done by Marina Sousa was one of the most beautiful cakes I've ever seen. Would love to have seen her do the pearls on strings and the curved arc wedding topper. Also was thrilled to see two of my instructors doing pieces for the wedding, Ewald Notter and Nicholas Lodge. Mike McCarey is my hero and his car cake was typical Mike, and very fitting for the title of his shop "Amazing!!!" Loved Bronwen's upsidedown cupcake cakes too. Oh, I loved everything on that show.
I really, really liked that they cut the cakes first even before dinner. Too often the cake seems like overload by the time the guests have had appetizers and dinner.

ChristieC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristieC Posted 25 May 2007 , 1:35am
post #10 of 10

I was so excited to see this! The cakes were so beautiful. There is no bride more deserving of this than Lisa, Keegan's wife. I went to highschool with Lisa and never dreamed I would end up seeing her on the food network. She is an ispiration to me. A small town girl moving up in the baking and pastry world. I am so happy for her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%