May Cookie Club

Baking By bonniebakes Updated 15 Jun 2007 , 2:34am by Cake_Princess

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 25 May 2007 , 5:51pm
post #91 of 155

Thanks very much, marthajo1. IF a book thing ever happened, I will GIVE it to you happily!!!
nrctermite, Please do a Miss Muffett cookie. It'll be great. I'm very touched when my cookies are called insane!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

freddyfl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddyfl Posted 25 May 2007 , 8:13pm
post #92 of 155

Here is one of my entries. I am working on another one. Hopefully will have it on here by tomorrow.

I was trying to make the goose "feathery" so that is why her feathers aren't smoooth. I am not sure if I like that look or not.
LL

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 25 May 2007 , 9:45pm
post #93 of 155

Ooooh Freddy yours is so cute! I can't wait to see the next one!

How do you guys get such great black for outlining?

freddyfl Posted 25 May 2007 , 10:55pm
post #94 of 155

I use americolor super black! I love the stuff. It has no discernable taste....none of the colors of theirs I have tried do. Unlike wilton products.

Thank you! =)

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:01pm
post #95 of 155

Those cookies are soo cute =)

And Nancy.... sigh... your cookies are.... Oh, I dont need to say it.

*throws apron on the ground and walks away*

icon_sad.gif I dont have time to make cookies this month... so I'm very jealous. icon_sad.gif

Jasmine

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:03pm
post #96 of 155

Nancy,

How long does it take you to do a cookie? Those are amazing. I think I would go crosseyed doing a dozen on those.

mawagner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mawagner Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:13pm
post #97 of 155

Nancy,

Your cookies are absolutely fantastic!!!!! I can only dream of ever having that much talent!

freddyfl,

Yours is so cute! I love the colors. I noticed that it is shiny...what kind of icing did you use? Can't wait to see the next entry!

Melissa

marthajo1 Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:15pm
post #98 of 155

When do you add the color, at the end like you would any color? Do you let it rest to get darker or just add color till it is black? I have never made black RI.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 May 2007 , 11:15pm
post #99 of 155

Y'all are just too darned talented!!! icon_razz.gif

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:07am
post #100 of 155

Freddy!! I love Mother Goose!! and I love the feathery look! Definitely keep it. Is that a turkey cc? (It's okay if you don't want to give away your secrets icon_biggrin.gif) I can't wait to see the others.

nrctermite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nrctermite Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:08am
post #101 of 155

Oh and Nancy, you know I just HAD to say it... but I really mean it too.

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:56am
post #102 of 155

I've always wanted to enter but after seeing some of the cookies I realllly hesitated. The cookies entered are awesome.

Here is my entry. I didn't think I would make it in time.

Peter, Peter, pumpkin Eater
Had a wife and couldn't keep her
He put her in a pumpkin shell
There he kept her very well...

Or did he? icon_confused.gificon_wink.gif
LL

marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:58am
post #103 of 155

Oh my gosh! What do you mean you were afraid to enter?? It that an embroidery technique on the leaves? or are they gumpaste? Fabulous!

ShyannAutumn Posted 26 May 2007 , 4:04am
post #104 of 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by marthajo1

It that an embroidery technique on the leaves? or are they gumpaste?

The leaves are embossed in fondant and hand painted for detail. I wanted to do the same technique on the window and door but I was pushed for time. Kids and DH had me pre-occupied away from my cookie. icon_rolleyes.gif Gotta lov'm though.

Thanks for the compliment

MystiqueFire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MystiqueFire Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:08pm
post #105 of 155

Oh my gosh that is SO awesome!!!! And I love the poem too!!

bambuf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bambuf Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:36pm
post #106 of 155

Once again, I am in awe of the amazing talent of this group! Some day I will attempt an entry! I think what I love best about this club, though, is how everyone is so supportive of one another's unique talents. Thanks for pumping my days full of kind words, great advice, and happy thoughts!

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:01pm
post #107 of 155

freddyfl, LOVE your Mother Goose!!!! She's so well done and I'm glad someone here thought to represent HER!!!

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:05pm
post #108 of 155

ShyannAutumn, WOW--Fantastic cookie!!! Such a well crafted job--and clever and funny!!!
Love the big butt and cute little purse!!

ShyannAutumn Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:22pm
post #109 of 155

Thanks! I just wish I didn't push myself at the last minute. There was so much I left off and not enough time in the up coming week to spend more time on it before I entered. As I said I was very hesitant about entering. You ALL are amazing. I love everything that has been entered so far. When I first seen the eggs I thought they were real. LOL
Nancy your astonishing with your work. If you couldn't tell I don't do much with RI other then accents here and there. To see what you can do with the RI blows my mind. One day I hope to "paint" with the icing as you do.

Thanks again.

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:26pm
post #110 of 155

birdgirl,Thanks!!
MystiqueFire,( Jasmine), Come back here and put that d@#% apron on,girl !!!--or at least do extra cookies for June!!
Suebee, Thanks. They don't take that long and I work on them a few minutes at a time between "real" jobs. But NO ONE actually orders these kind of cookies so I won't be doing dozens of those any time soon! I think of these as "portfolio" pieces!!
mawagner,Thankyou!!! icon_lol.gif
bobwonderbuns,YOU TOO!!! So where's YOUR stuff???
nrctermite, Well, I HAD to say again, thanks, you're a sweetheart.

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 26 May 2007 , 3:52pm
post #111 of 155

OMG! I have not been receiving my e-mail notifying me of more posts for the May cookie club, so I was delighted to see so many entries!

birdgirl - Love the done and bone. It made me laugh that you labeled "bone"!

marthajo - What a clever idea. I am definitely going to copy your egg idea. Mmmm...maybe this weekend for Memorial Day cookout.

freddyflo - I love your Mother Goose. She looks so dapper.

shyannautumn - OMG - I laughed out loud. I love her butt, but most of all I love her little purse sitting there, because really, as women we always take our purse! So very clever.

nancy - can I come over and play cookies with you? Pleeeeeaaaaassssseeee? I love your cookies and I love how encouraging you are to everyone. You are a very nice person.

Maybe I can get a cookie posted soon. I am a new grandmother so I have been busy going to the hospital and now to my kid's home. I have a granddaughter named Danica Eve. She weighed in at 9 lbs. 2 oz, 21 inches long! She is a beauty and I am on cloud 9! Thanks guys - I just had to share.

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:26pm
post #112 of 155

McMama, OH WOW!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
thumbs_up.gif Please give a big, sweet, sugar cookie kiss to Danica Eve!!! ( beautiful name) I'm all choked up and teary-eyed for you!!!
And YES !!! I'd be thrilled to " play cookies" with you all day!! Come on down! (to Virginia) icon_biggrin.gif

ShyannAutumn Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:34pm
post #113 of 155

Thanks Mcmamma, and congrats on being a grandma. I'm not a grandma (hopefully for a while) but I love them babies. Give kisses to the new arrival and I love the name.

Now that I've had time to really look at the image I see HUGE mistakes I made on her. Oh well, that's what I get for being in too big of a hurry. live and learn.

guerrosos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
guerrosos Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:47pm
post #114 of 155

These are the most perfect, beautiful cookies I've ever seen. How did you trace Little Miss Muffet? Freehand? Where did you get the mold? WOW! WOW! I'm in awe!

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 5:59pm
post #115 of 155

ShyannAutumn,We see NO mistakes!!! Can't even imagine WHAT you're talking about!!!!
( That said, I'm cringing myself and wishing I could re-do a bunch of details)
I think we need to get a grip and MOVE ON-----To June!!!!

NancysFancy Posted 26 May 2007 , 6:10pm
post #116 of 155

guerrosos, Thank you very much. I don't want to come off snotty or full of myself but I never trace anything or use molds. I'm an illustrator by trade so I draw stuff from "scratch". So yes, it's all freehand. But again, a sincere thank you!!

freddyfl Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:18pm
post #117 of 155

Thanks everyone! The icing is shiny only because I took the pic while it was still wet. It dries to a less shiny look. I take the pics as soon as there done in case one of my kids decides to take their lives into their own hands and touch them LOL........I did a google image search for Mom Goose and then printed out the picture. I then cut it to shape lay it on cookie dough and cut it out. I can show you an example of the process with my old woman in the shoe cookie. There are really no secrets to it. =) I am at my aunt's house...let' see if this works...... okay, it won't work here for whatever reason.....That is a bummer! Maybe I will just add the link if you are interested.

http://www.myfamily.com/isapi.dll/c/c/f/link/cid/YZZZZY72/sid/ITh/pn/File/il/1/~/SD530018.jpg

marthajo1 Posted 26 May 2007 , 7:21pm
post #118 of 155

Wow! I can't wait to see that cookie finished!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 26 May 2007 , 8:48pm
post #119 of 155

WOW!!

All I can say is WOW!!!

Everyone's cookies are just amazing!!!!

freddyfl Posted 27 May 2007 , 5:01am
post #120 of 155

Here is my second entry. I am a bit disapointed in how it turned out as far as the kids in it are concerned, but I am proud of the shoe itself. I really need to get some more disposable piping bags. I hate using parchment cones. I feel like a get a cleaner cookie with the disposable....but I refuse to spend $20 bucks for them and I keep forgetting to clip out a 40%off coupon. I will try and come up with one more entry before the month is up.....I have some left over dough, so maybe it will happen. I just need to find a picture that I want to use. =) I love cookies! They totally rock! Now if only little elves would come and mix all of my icing for me that would make them even better!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%