kris_813 Posted 17 May 2006 , 3:02am
post #1 of 38

If you're a military wife, where are you stationed

We're at Ft. Hood, TX

37 replies
cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 17 May 2006 , 10:50am
post #2 of 38

We are at Fort Monroe, Virginia but are moving to Fort Leavenworth Kansas next month. We were at at Fort Hood '95-'98. usaribbon.gif

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 17 May 2006 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 38

I'm ready to leave because my allergies are going crazy. We're trying to get Ft. Benning.

ncdessertdiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ncdessertdiva Posted 17 May 2006 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 38

My son is stationed at Ft. Hood, TX. Although he is on maneuvers in LA for two months. A Hat's Off and Hoorah to all of you military wives!! I support you as much as your husbands.
Leslie

kris_813 Posted 17 May 2006 , 6:09pm
post #5 of 38

My friends husband just went to NTC also.. Is he Field Artillery?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 17 May 2006 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 38

Right now we are in Langely AFB Virginia.... but we retire this summer (whoo hoo) and hope to make it to Illinois around Scott AFB.

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 17 May 2006 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 38

MacDill Airforce Base, Tampa Fl. It's too hot!!! Sheesh!

kris_813 Posted 17 May 2006 , 9:42pm
post #8 of 38

i would love to be in florida

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 May 2006 , 10:57pm
post #9 of 38

I'm at Barksdale AFB, LA!! My DH is AF Reserves/Civil Service (he's called an Air Force Reserves Tech) So far 25 years active duty!!!! I love being a military wife~

Kandi, how are you liking Langley? I miss it soooo much!!!

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 19 May 2006 , 12:22am
post #10 of 38

My FIL is stationed at Schoffield Army Base in Hawaii....I can only dream....Many thanks to all who serve our military and the wives who don't recongized for the lifestyle you live...THANK YOU!!!

bonster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonster Posted 22 May 2006 , 6:54am
post #11 of 38

Hi All,
We're in the San Jose area (northern CA). My husband is serving in Kuwait. We have about 6 more months left till he comes back home. Since I have some time before he returns and I'm a new mommy staying at home, I've decided to make the most of this time and look into decorating cakes!

mangiamangia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mangiamangia Posted 22 May 2006 , 7:53am
post #12 of 38

fun thread. we are stationed at caserma ederly in vicenza, italy.
bonster, my husband recently got back from his year long deployment and i also got hooked on cake decorating while he was gone! it was fun to have a project i could start and finish and feel good about creating. i am praying for you and your husband, and that all our soldiers will come home safe to the people that love them.
ciao,
andrea

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 22 May 2006 , 11:15pm
post #13 of 38

not a military wife, and don't have any of my family in military but i wanted to send out a very

BIG HEARTFELT THANKYOU to all the wives and husbands that have a spouse or other family members in the military. I truely appreciate everything you guys sacrifice and how selfless you are for our country.

Leily

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 22 May 2006 , 11:25pm
post #14 of 38

I don't live in the U.S.A., but I would also like to say the same as Leily, THANK YOU!!!!! to all the families involved in the military. It is a huge sacrifice for all of you involved and I believe that it is good to recognise
and show appreciation. God Bless you all!!!
Lorene

bigcatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigcatz Posted 23 May 2006 , 7:05am
post #15 of 38

We are stationed in Stuttgart, Germany. We've been here for almost 5yrs. We go back to the states next year (can't wait)!

Chee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chee Posted 24 May 2006 , 12:39pm
post #16 of 38

'only a military wife understands the military life'

never a truer word spoken ladies. We have finally been stationed back to where we actually want to live, and I've told hubby that this is it, we stay here. Enough of the moving around! Fortunately hes now at the top of the heap so has a say in where he goes. Yay for us! icon_smile.gif

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 24 May 2006 , 7:26pm
post #17 of 38

DH retired AF, father-retired AF, Brother retired Navy, son in Basic Training-I'm ex-AF-LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!Nothing like it!!!

myholidayboyz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
myholidayboyz Posted 24 May 2006 , 10:02pm
post #18 of 38

I'm a Coast Guard Spouse living in the San Francisco Bay Area. icon_smile.gif

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 27 May 2006 , 12:30pm
post #19 of 38

I'm not a military wife but I am the proud mother of 2 soldiers. One is at Fort Sill and the other is at Fort Hood. God Bless our troops!! usaribbon.gif

Cake4ever Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake4ever Posted 1 Jun 2006 , 7:14am
post #20 of 38

I think I have you all beat as being the furthest away! LOL. I'm an AF wife stationed in Okinawa, Japan.

I lived in Germany for 7 years, been here in Okinawa 2. I've been home 3 times in the whole time we've been overseas. I loved Germany and would go back in a heartbeat.

I got into cake baking because our cakes at the base bakeries are like eating cardboard! UGH! It was out of desperation I started baking & decorating my own cakes. It is so nice when I make a cake for friends over here because their eyes light up and they have a huge smile on their faces because they forget what a true fresh buttercream cake is supposed to taste like. icon_wink.gif

Thank you for your support and well wishes. It is hard being away from family and friends. I have not been home very often, so I feel like such a foreigner when I do go home. You should see my eyes when I go to a regular grocery store! It's so WOW! Who knew about colored ketchup and butter?!

cakecre8tor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecre8tor Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 11:35am
post #21 of 38

Hey is anyone from Ft. Leavenworth? I am moving there next and would actually like to be legal for once! If anyone has any info that would be awesome! Thanks!

texastwinkie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texastwinkie Posted 5 Jun 2006 , 12:45pm
post #22 of 38

My oldest soldier and his family were stationed at Leavenworth for about 3 years. They left about 2 years ago. Love the area, lots of things to see and do. If your "in" to antiquing you will love it! Old downtown Leavenworth is full of antique shops. The area is very pretty! There's also a little ski slope just across the border into Missouri that's fun. If you get a chance to go to buy some veggies off of road side stands from the farmers ...YUMMMM! Best corn on the cob I have ever had!

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 12 Aug 2006 , 9:47pm
post #23 of 38

Just transferred to san diego

washipaper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
washipaper Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:35am
post #24 of 38

I am also in Okinawa. My husband was in the Navy for 20 years and we NEVER moved - can you believe it? (but I still remember those 6, 9, & 10 month cruises where it took weeks to get one letter.) I kept dreaming of going to really cool places, but he bounced back and forth between a base in Va. Beach and Norfolk Naval Base. After retirement he used his GI bill to finish college. His first civilan job was..... Yokosuka Naval Base outside of Tokyo. Toto, we are not in Virginia anymore. Four years later he got a promotion and off to Okinawa we went.

Cake decorating has helped me keep my sanity. Although I love living in Oki it is difficult to be so far from home and the very young "adult" children. As you all know baking, icing, and decorating a cake can sometimes take hours - what a great way to fill the empty daytime hours when my husband is at work. Another plus was being able to take my neighbor a lovely little cake when she mentioned it was her birthday. She had a rough year with her husband in Iraq.

Wishing for all military men and women to return home soon safe and sound - Joan

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 13 Aug 2006 , 1:54am
post #25 of 38

Just wanted to send a big heart filled "Thank You" to all of you military wives and those with families in the military. I'm a former marine and so is my husband. People just don't understand what it's like until they have been through it. Oddly enough, my Dh and I toy with the idea of one of us re -entering the military. anyways, just wanted to say thank you

jennifer293 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifer293 Posted 14 Aug 2006 , 11:47pm
post #26 of 38

I was and Air Force wife for 4 years at Pope AFB, NC...I LOVED IT!!! I loved the commisary and not having my family 10 ft up my you know what. When it came to Dh's end of his 4 years and time to re-enlist they told him he was going to have to go to Korea if he re-enlisted and he said, " SEE YA"!!! So he got a job in Myrtle Beach, SC as a firefigther for 8 months and then he got hired on at the fire dept. in the town we both grew up in here in TN. I do not like it here and would give anything to go back to the beach, but I guess I am stuck and I will make the best of it!!!!

anesha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anesha Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 3:34am
post #27 of 38

Im not a military wife but I am a wife in the military. I am in the Navy and stationed in Portsmouth, VA on the Harry S. Truman

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 17 Sep 2006 , 12:41pm
post #28 of 38

Not a military wife....My nephew is stationed at S.Johnson AFB in NC. Another nephew stationed out in Spokane WA AFB. The one in NC is currently doing his 3rd tour in Iraq. He is running convoy duty.

What I really wanted to say was....THANK YOU to all of you and your spouses and family. With out all of you and the others serving we would not have this amazing thing called freedom. I pray for a speedy and safe return for all those deployed all over the world. May good bless you all!!!! usaribbon.gif

sugarfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarfreak Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 1:02am
post #29 of 38

I am at Fort Bragg and LOVE it!

bekahscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bekahscakes Posted 18 Sep 2006 , 1:26pm
post #30 of 38

I'm at Fort Campbell. I reaally like it, but will like it better when my husband gets home in March.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%