Supplying Coffeeshops....

Business By dulcero Updated 18 May 2007 , 4:49am by dulcero

dulcero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcero Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:37am
post #1 of 6

How can you get a coffeeshop or restaurant to offer your products? Any ideas? I've never done it before nor do I have any idea how to do it.

I own a bakery that's been up and running for about 6 months now. My orders are mainly from family and friends. Fortunately, I don't pay rent or utilities (or else I would be bankrupt by now) because my dad owns the building. But I don't want to be a parasite forever, I want to make money so I can pay him rent (he says I don't have to, but it's not right not to pay him), etc and so I can have a salary (I'm so poor, right now). By the wway, I live in Manila (Philippines). Any help would be appreciated. I am so desperate....

5 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:20pm
post #2 of 6

Set up prices that you would charge. Keep in mind that the restaurant and/or coffee shop will probably be doubling the prices. Make samples of the items that you would like to offer and bring the items and price list to restaurants that you would like to target. Larger chains are going to be very difficult to sell to as most have set menus. I would target higher end Mom and Pop places. JMO

dulcero Posted 3 May 2007 , 8:00am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, Kari!

sheila06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheila06 Posted 6 May 2007 , 3:10am
post #4 of 6

Ditto what Kari said. I sell to a coffee shop and many restaurants here in my town. I don't charge them very much less then what I would charge a walk in customer, but I do give them a little cut. They will buy a cake for $25.00 and turn around and sell it by the slice for $3.95 and above so they are making about $22.00 or more off a cake that I make....all they have to do is cut it and serve it. So consider this when you set your prices.

Amberslilzoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amberslilzoo Posted 7 May 2007 , 12:05am
post #5 of 6

Oh I am really interested in this also... thanks for the suggestions icon_biggrin.gif

dulcero Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:49am
post #6 of 6

Thanks sheila06!! Good advice icon_smile.gif

Guys, how do you offer your cakes? Do you go to a particular coffeeshop and talk to the manager and ask them if they would like to sample your products? My sister asked one coffeeshop and she was told to submit a proposal. I hate doing anything related to paperwork, that's why I chose baking...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%