Should I Be Worried?

Decorating By sreale Updated 1 May 2007 , 12:40am by Janette

sreale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sreale Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:10am
post #1 of 8

Sold my first cake yesterday for a boy's birthday party. This was to a friend of mine and her son's birthday parties are huge events! Her mom was the only one there when I dropped the cake off and I haven't heard from her to say that she liked it or not. Maybe I'm just being nervous for no reason. Is it normal to get feedback on your cakes from the customer? The cake was the "Mack" cake in my pictures.

Thanks!

7 replies
dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:20am
post #2 of 8

Welcome to CC!

We all love to hear the feedback but the reality is to most people it's just a cake, albiet a cool cake, but just cake. They don't think about it like we do!

So no worries! You may or may not hear about it but since she is a friend next time you talk to her it will probably come up then.

kbochick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kbochick Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:22am
post #3 of 8

I've had some with feedback and some without. So far, most of the cakes I've done have been for parties that I'm attending, so I get feedback right then. I do get kind of stressed out when I don't hear from people, though.

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 3:36am
post #4 of 8

No news is good news icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:04am
post #5 of 8

For those who "drop and run" cakes, doesn't the person buying the cake open the box and look at the cake when you delivery it? I just see so many comments about "I wonder what they thought?", it makes me ask myself, "Don't they look at it when it's delivered? Don't they say anything when you pop the top of the box and they see that fabulous design?" Surely you must get some kind of feedback at that point? Don't burst my bubble of faith in human nature ... please tell me that people are not so rude that they look at the cake and just go "uh-huh. thanks." icon_confused.gif

karensjustdessert Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karensjustdessert Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:38am
post #6 of 8

I've had the gamut of reactions, and usually "no news IS good news". On wedding cakes, though, sometimes you have to wait a couple weeks to hear anything!
The other day, I had a family pick up a cake, and they were so excited, I thought they were going to bearhug me.

sreale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sreale Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 11:52am
post #7 of 8

Thanks, guess I will try not to worry about it any longer. thumbs_up.gif

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 1 May 2007 , 12:40am
post #8 of 8

I went through the same thing and then months later they called with another order.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%