Need Idea For Cake For A Cats Birthday

Decorating By dogluvr Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 9:47pm by melysa

dogluvr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dogluvr Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 12:15am
post #1 of 22

My boss asked me to make a birthday cake for her cat who will be 4. Any ideas out there. I thought of an edible image with his picture, but she didn't want that......thanks

21 replies
Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:12am
post #2 of 22

you could decorate it all over with images of little fishes, toy mice, paw prints, etc. ANything that would be of interest to the cat. Or maybe just do the entire cake one theme. Like a fish or a mouse.

hope this helps!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:19am
post #3 of 22

Well, I would think a feline would be happy with a cake that looked like a can of their favorite food (Fancy Feast) or perhaps a fish.

Since all cats act like royalty, perhaps a fondant/gumpaste tin of cat food atop a pillow cake would be appropriate.

Bird watching is also a favorite feline hobby, so a Tweety Bird cake might be fun!

Hope you get more ideas. icon_smile.gif

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:21am
post #4 of 22

I just saw this little cake and thought it would be perfect for your topic. How wild would the cat go for a giant yarn ball and little kitten to go with it!

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo-21316.html

Good Luck.

Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:24am
post #5 of 22

the yarn ball and kitten cake is just tooo adorable!

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:27am
post #6 of 22

I agree with the yarn ball cake and the cake with kitty favorites. How about mixing the two ideas. Have a smaller yarn ball and the cat playing standing on it's hind legs reaching up for a fish on a stick. Have mice holding pieces of cheese with candles on it. icon_biggrin.gif

Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:29am
post #7 of 22

ohh i like the mice holding peices of cheese, did that on my own bday cake!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:34am
post #8 of 22

Guys! It's a CAT!! Who CARES what the cat thinks!! It's not like the cat is going to call you with feedback and a written thank you note! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Now what the OWNER would like is another story! I liked the paw prints idea for something that sounded cute for a cat lover.

(Although in all honesty, I can't believe this is a serious topic ... I thought the subject line was a joke. icon_confused.gif Don't crucify me ... I know there are folks who live and breath their pets. But I don't know one person who would order a birthday cake for their pet. Please don't tell me she is inviting all the other little kitties in the neighborhood and buying them little paper hats, too? icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif )

Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:37am
post #9 of 22

LOL I would...... icon_razz.gif

But I understand what you're saying thumbs_up.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:22am
post #10 of 22

Heck, I thought the Birthday Kitty would get canned food, while the party guests got cake!

If the cake were for the cat, it would have to be one of those meat cakes:
(ROFLMAO)

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-38051-meat.html

How to Celebrate Your Pet's Birthday:

http://www.petcakes.com/ssi-html.cgi?loc=0&part=main.html

http://cats.about.com/od/youandyourcat/ss/birthday.htm

http://www.partypop.com/Themes/PET0003.html

http://www.flickr.com/groups/birthdaycats/

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:44am
post #11 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Guys! It's a CAT!! Who CARES what the cat thinks!! It's not like the cat is going to call you with feedback and a written thank you note! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

But I don't know one person who would order a birthday cake for their pet. Please don't tell me she is inviting all the other little kitties in the neighborhood and buying them little paper hats, too? icon_surprised.gificon_lol.gif )

LOL, man I got to do to bed, I am starting to see Kitty Party Invites. I wonder if dog could be invited? icon_lol.gif

Good Luck with the cake and Good night all! icon_wink.gif

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:29pm
post #12 of 22

I really like JanH's idea of a pillow cake with a can of cat food on top. If the owner is throwing the cat a birthday, then the cat is definitely pampered.
Some people treat their animals like kids...nowadays my dad treats his dogs better than he treated us! The dogs even have one of those "mister" things like at the fair, so when it gets hot they can get cooled off!

Suebee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suebee Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:44pm
post #13 of 22

This mouse cake I did was for a snakes birthday. Any reason to have cake!!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 6:59pm
post #15 of 22

cake is for all occassions! icon_smile.gif

alicia_froedge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicia_froedge Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:01pm
post #16 of 22

This topic is too funny!! My cat lived to be 21. And I had birthday cakes for her too. But I just got mine at Walmart with Happy Birthday Sugar wrote on it. The cashier thought it was for a signifcant other and said Sugar huh! I didn't have the heart to say it was for my cat. icon_smile.gif

Had I know about personal cakes other than ones from Walmart with just flowers and writing I would have totally got her one with a tiara!!!!

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:06pm
post #17 of 22

A birthday cake for a cat? I don't believe it either! But, it's an excuse for somebody to ask you to make a cake; so make it special. I'm curious what the cat's name is. Maybe there is a play on words in it for another idea.

oceanspitfire Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanspitfire Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:14pm
post #18 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimeestrange

cake is for all occassions! icon_smile.gif

definitely agree! LOL.
I think the pet cake thing is just the same as making a cake for your 1 year old- I mean look at all the elaborate fancy amazing cakes made for 1 year olds, and it's not really about them, because they are too young to 'get' the cake design lol.
But she loves her cat enough to celebrate its birthday (I think all birthdays are important myself lol), so yeah I like the pampered idea- pillow wity fancy feast on top or something.

Another cute one, one I'm sure you'd find numerous photos of online, a kitten poking its head out of a basket or a bag or something else, cats are always climbing into things. Like maybe a basketweave cake with a lid and one side of the lid propped open and the kitten's head poking out.
Or a baby buggy with a cat's head sticking out of the covers, paws on the blankets, you know, the lady's little baby kind of thing.
Well that's all I can come up with, good luck!

FatAndHappy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FatAndHappy Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:15pm
post #19 of 22

My business partner did one that was a party for a snake. It's in her photos - her CC name is Suebee, its a BIG white mouse/rat.

Hey we do what they want right? As long as they pay!

I did draw the line when someone wanted a cake with a dead deer and blood all over - YUCK!!!! thumbsdown.gif

Good luck - party sound fun!!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 7:23pm
post #20 of 22

I've also done the kitty on a ball of yarn cake - and yes, it was to celebrate a cat's birthday! The kitty was made to look like the birthday cat!:

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_60869.html

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 8:17pm
post #21 of 22

bonjovibabe: That cake is very cute!

oceanspitfire: A cake for a cat isn't the same as a cake for a one-year old in my opinion ... yes the recipient doesn't appreciate the cake; but at least the baby is having party guests over!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 9:47pm
post #22 of 22

if you do the yarn ball, you could have the end of the string laying on the cake board spelling out the cats name in "cursive' yarn.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%