Am I The Only One Who Thinks It's Wierd To Eat A "baby&

Decorating By CakesByEllen Updated 15 May 2006 , 4:10am by twinsline7

CakesByEllen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByEllen Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:44am
post #1 of 11

OK, I just have to ask ...

Am I the only one who thinks it's wierd to eat a cake shaped like a baby? I can't get past the whole "eating the baby" thing.

I have seen some really beautiful baby cakes here, but every time, I think of how strange it would be to cut that cake!

Are there any other shapes you would have trouble eating? (besides the pile of poop cake someone posted here a long time ago!)

10 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:52am
post #2 of 11

Hey, Ellen.

I wouldn't want to eat a cake shaped like a baby, either. But then, I am not fond of cutting into an edible image of a person, either.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

darandon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darandon Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:53am
post #3 of 11

I agree with you about eating a "baby" cake. I find it hard to do. I also see the beautiful cakes for funeral calling hours with peoples pictures on them. I don't think that I could eat a piece of cake with my "loved" ones face on it at a Memorial service.

Jackpot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackpot Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:53am
post #4 of 11

Hi: No you are not the only person. I have trouble too. An actual picture of a baby would be the hardest to eat for me. I have trouble throwing pictures of my grandchildren out, even if the quality is terrible. I could never for example make a collage where I had to cut pictures of them up. A cake would be the same to me.

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:54am
post #5 of 11

Ha! I saw a litter box cake loaded today and I KNOW I'd have a hard time putting that to my mouth!!!

I know what you mean about cutting/eating a baby cake too. I hear so many comments about pretty cakes like "oh that's too pretty to cut!" but when it comes to a baby, or something else thats maybe realistic looking...well, you just don't want to "cut and eat" it!! A lot of cakes really just look more like art than desert! BUT, someone's got to eat it!!!!

An odd cake that I wouldn't want to eat OR give to someone is a casket cake for over the hill. I've done many of them when I worked at the bakery and always wondered if it's such a good idea to give someone a casket cake you know? I mean, God forbid but what if something happened to that person right after their birthday? Wouldn't you feel ssomewhat guilty or something?

tastycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastycakes Posted 15 May 2006 , 2:59am
post #6 of 11

OMG, I've never seen a funeral cake! I don't think I could do that. Definitely not if it had pictures of the deceased! Weird.

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 15 May 2006 , 3:07am
post #7 of 11

I was just thinking this today, I wanted to make a cake for my OB and as cute as they are, I can't do a pregnant stomach cake, someone has to cut it! Maybe that will be left to the OB and not her staff. icon_wink.gif

Ellyrae I love your signature!

AmyBeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBeth Posted 15 May 2006 , 3:11am
post #8 of 11

When I made some baby shower cakes with fondant babies on them I told the people that if they were going to eat the babies they had to do it after I left. I think it is weird! icon_smile.gif

ellyrae Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellyrae Posted 15 May 2006 , 3:50am
post #9 of 11

Come to think of it, and I had forgotten about this till now, I had to cut and serve the pregnant belly cake I did for the contest a few months ago!!!!! Actually, after i took all the flowers off and peeled off the fondant (didn't want anyone to have to eat that part....Wilton...ugh), the cake didn't look as much like a pregnant belly any more so it was a bit easier. Whew!

Thanks Zamode. I was actually just thinking about changing it again soon!

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 15 May 2006 , 4:02am
post #10 of 11

I agree that would be just too weird.

I have also seen some beautiful Christmas cakes but it just seems really wrong to eat Baby Jesus!

Cindy

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 15 May 2006 , 4:10am
post #11 of 11

Ummm...tastycakes....I mean no offense with this....but....

I think I'd have a hard time eating that cake in your avatar!!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%