Anyone With A Professional Or Heavy Duty Ka Mixer??

Decorating By corifairchild Updated 15 May 2006 , 12:22am by flourgrl

corifairchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corifairchild Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:00am
post #1 of 6

Hi-

If you have a professional or Artisan KA mixer, do you like it? How long have you had it? What about it do you like, what don't you like. What exact model do you have?

I'm curious becuase my little trusty KA is not working as well as I'd like- it took almost 20 mins to make my chocolate butter cream icing the other night- the chocolate wouldn't mix in and the beaters keep falling out. Not to meniton I droped it about a month ago- whoops! Other than that- I love it!! icon_biggrin.gif

5 replies
prettycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettycakes Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:05am
post #2 of 6

I have a Pro 6. I love it! I can make big batches of butter cream icing w/o a problem. I make MMF all the time. It mixes up cakes like a dream.

The only problem I do have is when I only need a small batch of royal icing. My 6 quart bowl is a little big for that.

The only thing I don't like is that it is a little hard to pour in ingredients and scrap the sides of the bowl, but for the price and quality I think it is great.

aliciaL_77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aliciaL_77 Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:12am
post #3 of 6

I also have a Pro 6 qt. I agree with prettycakes - It is great for pretty much anything except smaller batches, but I dont make very many small ones so it works for me

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:18am
post #4 of 6

I have the Pro 6 also and I love it. I rarely make small batches of anything so it isn't a problem. My favorite thing about it is bowl lift. There really isn't anything I don't like about it.

corifairchild Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corifairchild Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:20am
post #5 of 6

Is it too small for one batch of icing? the 1 lb of crisco, 4 cup sugar recipe?

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 15 May 2006 , 12:22am
post #6 of 6

I have the Pro 6, the Pro 5 and the 4.5 qrt....Big Mama is my favourite! Mixes great, can do just about anything. My little guy is reserved for royal icing only, and my mid guy for smaller batches of cake or buttercream...got him cause he was on sale 1/2 price - can't pass that up! Thinking on another.....LOL!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%