Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 14

Where is the best/cheapest place to buy gum paste flowers? Thanks thumbs_up.gif

13 replies
SugarplumStudio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarplumStudio Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 9:53pm
post #2 of 14

I prefer to make my own, but if I absolutely have to buy, I always buy from Pfiel and Holing. They are packed so nicely, and in the rare event that anything arrives broken, they will take the return and replace them.

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 9:56pm
post #3 of 14

I have never bought from here but I do have them bookmarked as being a good place....and cheep.

http://www.discountsugarflowers.com/shipping.aspx

Florimbio Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:03am
post #4 of 14

Thanks for that tip about the discount flowers!!! Great prices... icon_lol.gif

Pfiel, is great, but you ave to order a certain amout or they give you a processing fee thumbsdown.gif

Thanks to you both!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 12:41am
post #5 of 14

P&H has a minimum $50 order. And not all their flowers are that great. I had bought the chocolate and cream rose sprays, and they were shattered. They sent me a new box, and those were shattered, too. We just cancelled the order completely. This item was on special at the time.

The person I spoke with the second time insisted that it must have happened in transit, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with the outer carton. I asked to speak to the person I dealt with the first time, and she arranged the refund.

Now, I stay away from the specials. I have bought other gumpaste flowers from them since, and had no problem, but those were full price flowers.

Their royal icing roses are some of the best I have seen. My local supply store now carries them, and I have used them in a pinch, for a basketweave cake last minute order.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

Florimbio Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:02am
post #6 of 14

WOW!! You poor thing! That is soooo bad!!! Thanks for the info...I have ordered from them, and have had great luck so far, but like you said they need a min. order...

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:34am
post #7 of 14

Discount Sugar Flowers is very good. I have had two small orders from them, under $20 dollars each time. The flowers have arrived promptly and in perfect shape.

Florimbio Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:11am
post #8 of 14

That is so good to know, I think I am placing an order with them soon...

Florimbio Posted 2 May 2007 , 2:52am
post #9 of 14

Ok, I just ordered from www.cakesbysam.com

Anyone ordered here before?

Hula_girl3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hula_girl3 Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:25am
post #10 of 14

I really love to use United Sugar Design as well as WholeSaleSugarFlowers.com which is the same as discount sugar flowers.com.

cambo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cambo Posted 2 May 2007 , 3:49am
post #11 of 14

I'm so glad you asked this question, I need to order some roses for a cake in June and they're so affordable at discountsugarflowers.com! Thank you!

feverfixer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
feverfixer Posted 2 May 2007 , 4:01am
post #12 of 14

Check out caljavaonline too. They have bargain small arrangements at 4-6 for $10, their choice. I ordered 4 sets and they are great. Shipping was good to.
Diane

NEWTODECORATING Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NEWTODECORATING Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:50pm
post #13 of 14

Florimbio- you ask about cakes by sam-I have never ordered from them, but I am pretty sure he is a member here at cake central. I haven't seen him around in a long time but he has some beautiful cakes in the gallery.

Florimbio Posted 2 May 2007 , 1:57pm
post #14 of 14

Wow, I did not know he was a member!!! His work is awesome!!!

Thanks to everyone for all your help, as always CC rocks!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%