Barbie Cake Ideas....

Decorating By mommyinaprilx2 Updated 30 Apr 2007 , 4:15pm by fraggle

mommyinaprilx2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommyinaprilx2 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 6

Ok dd's 4th b-day party is next tuesday and I have no idea what I want to do for her cake! Thiis what I want to do so far I know! EASY, SUPER CUTE, and QUICK! lol. I do cakes all the time for others that are hard but cute and when it is time for my kids cakes I want cute but not to hard. It is my turn to rest. I am so busy getting ready for the party I don't want to stress over the cake. I went though the gallery here for barbie cakes but most of them were the barbie stand up cake. I thought about doing that one but if I can find a better one I would like to do a different one. None there really cought my eye in the gallery either. Ideas??

5 replies
crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 6

I think the barbie stand up cake is super cute, and you could make it fairly easily with minimal decorations and it would still "wow" her.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:42pm
post #3 of 6

Did you want to use a barbie or just have the barbie theme.
You could go and do something that represents some of the barbie toys she has and replicate that.

Ie: simple - make a really frilly barbie bed and have a new barbie lie or sit on it. Or do a little car and have the barbie either sit in it or on top of the hood. Just look at her toys and see what's her favorite. You might be surprise also if you asked her what she wants. For the last 3 years our oldest now 5 has been really specific about the cakes he wanted.

Good Luck.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 10:43pm
post #4 of 6

If you go to my www, I just did a Barbie cake for a three year old last week. Dress was pretty easy -- fondant wraps. Except I don't know the first thing about fondant wrapping! icon_rolleyes.gif Oh well, I think she looked okay. The three year old loved her! icon_biggrin.gif

fraggle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggle Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:13pm
post #5 of 6

Maybe a beach themed cake or pool cake with Malibu Barbie in a lounge chair.

fraggle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fraggle Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:15pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry, just noticed the date, it may be a little late.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%