For Those Who Use Wafer Sheets And Edible Image Sheets.

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 29 Apr 2007 , 2:49pm by Kiddiekakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:40pm
post #1 of 9

I plan to buy an edible image printer soon and saw how expensive the sheets are.Can wafer sheets be eaten and do they melt onto the cake like edible sheets.I would like some input as to the major differences.

Thanks

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
cat633 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cat633 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 9

wafer sheets can be eaten. I use them for logos on cookies. Wafer sheets will not melt onto cakes like edible sheets. I use the edible sheets for cakes and wafer sheets for cookies as I have been doing alot of logo cookies lately. I just did 400 logo cookies for a college grand opening and went through a ton of wafer paper and it worked great.

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 9

Thanks Cat...I think I will buy wafer sheets for the cookies...How do you adhere them to the cookie?Water...Gel?

Laurel

cat633 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 1:35am
post #4 of 9

I adhere the logos with corn syrup thinned with a little water and paint it on the cookie then apply the paper. You could probably use gel to. I like using the syrup cause I know it is sticky and it will stay.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:32am
post #5 of 9

So wafer paper is cheaper in price?

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #6 of 9

Can you use waffer paper in an editable printer? I use the waffer paper all the time for transfers. I'm planning on getting an editable printer this year, I HOPE & it would be nice to use the waffer paper in it. Thanks~ Good question KiddieKakes!

cat633 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:18am
post #7 of 9

I use waffer paper all the time in my edible printer and it is so much cheaper than icing sheets.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 3:23am
post #8 of 9

Cool that's great to know! I've used it as a backing for color flow pieces that are too fragile on their own, I've used it for chocolate pieces too, also used it & colored in w/ editable markers. I really like it & it's good to know that I can use it in a printer! Yeah! Thanks cat633!

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 2:49pm
post #9 of 9

Yipee...I am buying wafer sheets for the majority of my work!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%