Chocolate Fondant

Decorating By Daryl Updated 22 Jun 2006 , 4:52pm by kss

Daryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daryl Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:43pm
post #1 of 5

Hi....I just found a recipe from Wilton for what I think of as a "cheaters" chocolate fondant. They say use a package of their white fondant, and knead in 4 oz. of melted chocolate. Has anyone ever used this before? How did it taste? Should I use it...or stop being lazy and make the recipe. Your opinions are priceless! Thank you.

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:09pm
post #2 of 5

Wilton fondant does not taste good. However, the chocolate may mask the icky taste. fondant is EASY to make from scratch. Use care not to add too much powdered sugar- it takes just enough so it isn't sticky and generally it won't take as much as the recipe lists.

Store it very carefully wrapped and it will last for weeks.

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 5

You can do the same to MMF, so I don't know why the Wilton would be any different.

dky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dky Posted 14 May 2006 , 11:42am
post #4 of 5

I used orchard or pettinance ready made chocolate fondant and tastes and smells yum

kss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kss Posted 22 Jun 2006 , 4:52pm
post #5 of 5

I too am not a fan of fondant flavor, even tho the white satin is a bit easier to tolerate. I needed choc fondant last year, and couldnt find any, nor a recipe to create my own. I called Wilton, who put me in touch with a Wilton employee from the past, who told me to melt untempered white choc, knead it into my fondant. Wrap it in plastic wrap, place in a bowl with a tight lid, and leave it sit for a day or two, for the flavors to form...It was delicious!! And very easy to work with.

Hope this helps, kathy icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%