What's Happening With Kids These Days?????

Lounge By Pootchi Updated 11 May 2006 , 10:32pm by Pootchi

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:14pm
post #1 of 13

Sorry it'll be long.... need to vent, maybe have a shoulder to cry on....

Yesterday, after school my two oldest, 10 and 12 y-o, went to play with friends in the park. I was starting to bake dinner when my 12 y-o son came running into the house screaming that his sister had been beaten by two other kids, with STICKS!!! So I went running to the park (realising I'm not in shape, not at all) my daugther was sitting on the ground crying and trying to catch some air. They were playing with their talking radio, so I sent my 12 y-o to the house with one, so he can watch on his brother, and to tell my hubby as soon as he gets home to call me on the radio. hubby arrived at the house almost at the same time as him so he came running to us. One of my daugther's friend went to my 3rd neighbor (who's a paramedic) and told him to come to see my daughter. So the paramedic arrived as the same time as my hubby. He was going to work so he had his radio on him, so after checking on her he called his partner to come with the ambulance and then they took her to the hospital. there the doctor called the police for me to file a report on the two 11-12 y-o that did this. After many tests and check -ups she's fine. there'll probably bruises that will appear today but she's going to be ok, physically. She needs to see the doctor back this afternoon, ust to make sure. the two that did this, there's a boy and a girl. The girl is on my kids' back for near 5 years now. I'm just tired of this ****. I hope that seeing the police come their house will scare them off and stop harrassing people. the girl had her stick sharpened. the boy not. he gave her a hit with the tip of the stick on the front, and her on the back. if he had the sharpened stick, he would've killed my daugther! kill her!!! I just cry thinking about what could've happen!!!! but now she's ok. I kept her home today, she's watching a movie in my bedroom, relaxing. I'll see if I'll send her tomorrow. after she sees the doctor, the police officer needs to come at my house to take her deposition. Yes terday she was too much in shock to answer clearly to his questions. hope this will stop. I know that kids sometimes can do hurtful things, but this????? that needs to stop.

thanks to let me vent here!! that helps a lot!!! now I'll go get a big cup of coffee, I think I deserve it now!

Lorris

12 replies
Ricosmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ricosmom Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 13

I am so sorry. I would be livid! Have you ever talked to the kids' parents? I know you said she's been picking for 5 years or so. I hope the police scares them and their parents enough to make it stop.

I hope your daughter feels better soon - physically and emotionally.

Pootchi Posted 11 May 2006 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 13

thanks for reading me. I tried soooo many times to talk to her parents. each time they always say: "she doesn't know what's the meaning of her words" "she's too young to understand" "they're just kids, it's not armful"
yeah right!!! I just want to make them understand that violence goes up when you don't do anything. just scare them off a little so it won't happen again, other kids could get hurt... and I don't want another mother to feel like felt yesterday because of those kids.

thanks again, it's a relieve just writing it in here.

Lorris

bigboots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bigboots Posted 11 May 2006 , 2:34pm
post #4 of 13

Sorry to hear about that.I know how you feel.Two years ago 2 kids (boy & girl) beat up my daughter,They kicked her so bad that her leg had water under the lumps,that had gotten infected she was on medication for it.The doctor wasn't sure if the medication was going to work.If it didn't she would of needed surgery.Thank god it did.This happen after school and of course a big group of kids watched it happen then joined in afterwards by whipping pine cones at her.The school did nothing to the children that were involved.
And the parents welllllllll Kids will be kids is what i heard.The police did scare
the kids.

Hope your daughter feels better.
Take care
Carrie

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 13

That's just HORRIBLE!
Some people say that 5 year old don't know any better...but I'm sorry sometimes kids are way smarter than parents or people give them credit for.
As soon as my son started to speak and ask for things I always had him say please and thank you, my MIL told me and my husband that I shouldn't make him do that since he was too young to understand and that I should wait to teach him that until he's older. Of course I didn't listen to her and now he says please and thank you all the time because of what I taught him, and of course my MIL is like sooo happy that he does this "oh, he has such nice manners..." (even though she objected to the idea at the beginning)
I would definetely bring it up to the parents that they need to help pay for the medical costs incurred from this incident since it was their children's fault that she got hurt. Maybe then for sure they will start teaching their kids better.
icon_mad.gif Those parents are making me really mad...that behavior is just deplorable.
Good for you for filing a report....that way you have a legal record of the incident in case you have to go to court for anything... Take pictures too of the bruises that may show up from it.
{Big hugs} to you and your daughter!

Rodneyck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rodneyck Posted 11 May 2006 , 4:54pm
post #6 of 13

There is something going on with those parents if both their children are violent. Maybe behind closed doors, the parents are violent to the kids and each other. Kids don't start off that way. Only they really know, but how sad.

So sorry this happened and I hope everyone in your family is healing.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:05pm
post #7 of 13

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry to hear all of this. I am glad that your daughter is doing well.

I think you'd be wasting your time talking to the parents of these children, because...well, that's where they learned the behavior, I'm sure.

I wish I could tell you exactly what to do. Children do know what they're doing & most of the time what they're saying.

How did this even start? Did they jsut gang up on her? You said they've been on her back for 5 years? I don't get that at all. Maybe they see her as an easy target.

Best Wishes!

MainCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MainCake Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:22pm
post #8 of 13

O.M.G!!!! I am so sorry for what happened to your daughter, and your son because he obviously has to deal with those two rotten kids too. I dont know what Id do in your situation. But I know Id be furious. It makes me so angry that parents dont teach their children right from wrong these days. What is wrong with people?? My son is only two but he is corrected when he does something wrong. I dont think this kids will be kids crap is acceptable. Yeah, kids will be kids when it comes to climbing on furniture or coloring on the walls with a crayon or walking through the house with their shoes on. Totally unacceptable when it comes to beating on other people. Its every parents responsibility to make sure their children are upstanding citizens. I feel that the parents of the kids who hurt your daughter are solely responsible for making sure this NEVER happens again to any other child. My son would be in HUGE trouble if I found out he hurt another person. I think a community service type of punishment would be in order for the two kids. If my son did something like this, Id make him carry her books to and from school, walk with her to classes, serve in school detention during recess, do her chores for her, basically wait on her hand and foot, write an apology letter, maybe even read it in front of her entire class. Heck, if I found out about it quickly enough, I probably would have even made him go to the hospital with her so he could see how serious his actions were.

I really hope your daughter is feeling better and that the police scare the you-know-what out of the two bullies and their parents.

I hope I didnt offend anyone. I just feel that things are getting out of control with kids these days and it makes me afraid of what my son will be facing in 10 or 15 years if things keep going the way they are.

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 11 May 2006 , 6:53pm
post #9 of 13

Nope- didn't offend me...you made a valid point I feel!

dandy207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dandy207 Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:19pm
post #10 of 13

OH wow, that is really aweful. I dont know what it is with kids, i think its the parents that raise these kids. That is horrible,, I am extremely afraid to send my kids off to school, i have a 5mo old and a 4 yr old, and im dreading that day. i know how mean kids can be, but this is just disgusting! I hope these kids learn a lesson

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:31pm
post #11 of 13

OMG. I am so sorry that happened to her!

Hugs to you both...their parents need to pay medical bills. I would seriously press charges.

mtdk454 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mtdk454 Posted 11 May 2006 , 7:55pm
post #12 of 13

Hope your daughter is doing well and olny continues to get better. thumbs_up.gif I know exactly how you feel. My son is 5 and in kindergarten, he was getting bullied every day after school by the same kid. My son did not want to go to school because of this, I mean down right refused. I did let the school know but had to take matters into my own hands as my son would hide after school until this boy was gone so he wouldn't see him. He eventually saw the kid walk home as he only lived right across the street from the school and so my son and I drove over there so I could right down the address and report it to the school to find out who he was. They did and Had him in mediation with my son. Everything was resolved peacfully he appologized and my son accepted that and is okay now but was down right scared of this kid, And my son is only 5. It's to bad that kids think that these kinds of things are okay. It's so unbelievable to me. I teach my children what my mother taught me, To live by the Golden Rule..............treat others as though you would want to be treated! The best advise! My advise to you is to take things in your own hands and show those parents that they are ultimatley responsible for their children's actions. I would be making them pay for the doctor visits as well as any counceling your daughter may need because of this and pain and suffering for the long term. Good luck no matter what and first things first take care of your Girl!

Pootchi Posted 11 May 2006 , 10:32pm
post #13 of 13

thanks everyone for your support!! My daughter is really doing good. the doctor today told her no phys.ed. for 2 weeks. She was mad!!! she loves phys.ed. No bicycle, no running nothing that will make her heart pump to hard and her lungs work hard. But she's ok. She'll meet a psychologist to make an evaluation, to make sure she doesn't carry fear after that, and that she'll be able to go to school without problems.

And today, I've learned that this 12 y-o boy has an older sister that has been taken away from home, already in foster care, and an older brother that do drugs and really is insane when it comes to functionning with others (my nephews go to school with him) and the parents are never home, he was home alone yesterday until midnight. and they were not at work, just went out. no wonder he's like this..... tomorrow my daugther will meet with the police officer. today she had to go to the hospital, and she had to rest a little more.

As for medical fees, we have none here in Quebec, Canada. it's paid by our government. so that's a thing less to worry about.

thank you again for your support. you are all really nice!!
and on an happier note I just receive my Kopykake frosting sheets today, so I'll be able to try my toy!!! that will keep me busy and not think about all this all the time!!!

Lorris

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%