Help!!! My Cake Is Stuck In The Pan!!!

Decorating By isacrowe Updated 16 May 2006 , 3:15am by isacrowe

isacrowe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isacrowe Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:16pm
post #1 of 15

OK - so I'm making my first wedding cake for saturday...baked my first layer of the 14' pan - I can't get it out!!!ARGH!!! some of the cake started to separate (the top was starting to come off) icon_cry.gif What do I do now!!! I greased and floured my pan!!!! H-E-L-P!!!

14 replies
Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:28pm
post #2 of 15

Try reheating it; you may have let it cool off too much. IF you greased it, you should be able to reheat the grease, to let the cake slip out.

missmelbox Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missmelbox Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:31pm
post #3 of 15

Ok, Calm down.... Let's see, try to go around the cake edges with a spatula, then see if it will come out. Now if it's stuck to the bottom of the pan try and angled spatula and try to get it out. The next time you bake try the cake release it's really good and when I use it I don't wait for the cake to cool I just take it out the oven, wait about 3-5 minutes and I turn it over and it just plops out.
I hope everything works out, so you won't have to bake the layer again!

isacrowe Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:31pm
post #4 of 15

Well, my pan was still luke warm (maybe too warm???) when this happened!!! What if I froze everything and then ran warm water on the bottom - has anyone ever tried this method??? I think I might have just made it up...I have no idea what to do!!!

mrboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrboop Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:32pm
post #5 of 15

I use a product called Baker's Joy, and I over spray the pan with it so that the cake won't stick. Another thing you can do is grease the pan and then put a piece of parchment paper the same size of the pan on the bottom of the pan and then grease and flour the paper. I haven't tried the paper technique but I have some recipes that call for that. If the cake you already made isn't too bad you could always use icing to put it back together. Hope this help.

Ray

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 10 May 2006 , 6:32pm
post #6 of 15

Yes reheat then take it out. Next time line your pans with parchment paper or waxed paper then spray with floured baking spray. This how I get my best results.

isacrowe Posted 10 May 2006 , 8:05pm
post #7 of 15

well, it came out - piece by piece!!! yuck!!! I think it can be saved, I'm just a little troubled as to how to torte/fill it now! It's in the freezer until I can figure this out!!!

isacrowe Posted 10 May 2006 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 15

please - any advice would be appreciated!!!

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 11 May 2006 , 5:17am
post #9 of 15

I would make another one and always grease the pan and put greaseproof papre around the insides of the pan and the bottom and grease again. Full proof.

srdegelos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srdegelos Posted 15 May 2006 , 10:17pm
post #10 of 15

Well, what happened to the cake? Was it good and were there any complaints? I always use the cake release too and I've always wondered what to do in this situation too.

isacrowe Posted 15 May 2006 , 11:00pm
post #11 of 15

Oh, thanks for asking.....I went ahead and made another! My kids are thrilled to eat the broken one!!! Here's a picture of it! For my first official wedding cake, I think it turned out pretty well!!!
LL

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 16 May 2006 , 2:43am
post #12 of 15

Here's what I use to grease my pans. Equal parts of oil, shortening and flour mixed together. Never have had any stick at all. Some decorators in this area keep it mixed and in the fridge for use.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 16 May 2006 , 2:49am
post #13 of 15

Oops forgot to complement the cake before I submitted. It's beautiful!!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 16 May 2006 , 2:50am
post #14 of 15

wow great cake!!!!! good job well done!!!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Lorris

isacrowe Posted 16 May 2006 , 3:15am
post #15 of 15

Thank you both! and thanks for the release recipe, butterflyjuju....I'm not sure that making wedding cakes is my thing though - I had a good run but I'm considering retirement now - not all cakes, just wedding ones...too much stress!!! icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%