Mother's Day Cake

Decorating By pinklady1356 Updated 29 Apr 2007 , 9:11am by lovely

pinklady1356 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklady1356 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 15

Has anyone decide what kind of cake are yall making for Mother's Day?

I think I am gonna try to bake a garden cake with cookies shaped like flowers. icon_smile.gif

14 replies
lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 15

My mom likes Blue Willow. I think I'm going to try and make a teapot and teacup with the Blue Willow pattern. Wish me luck!

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 15

GAH! I forgot all about Mom's Day........

Firstlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Firstlady Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 15

I was going to make these cupcakes in flower pots that I seen posted on this site. I'm going to get the pots and paint w/bows and that decorate the cupcakes, with a "Happy Mothers Day" tag! Other than that I have not anyother clues. But I'll be watching this post! LOL

grannys3angels Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grannys3angels Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:01pm
post #5 of 15

Well if I decide to make one, being from Kentucky and with Mothers Day and Derby Day both in May....I would do a Kentucky Derby Mother's Day Hat.

Being that I have never made anything like that, it could turn out to look more like the back side of one of the horses making the run for the roses icon_lol.gif .

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 8:55pm
post #6 of 15

My mom is the world's biggest chocoloholic so I would like to make her a cake that looks like a box of chocolates with homemade truffles on top (or maybe cake balls?). Something super chocolatey for sure. For her last birthday I made her a giant hershey's kiss cake icon_smile.gif

pinklady1356 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 10:47pm
post #7 of 15

Its cool! I am still thinking about what I will make for sure. Right now will be a Garden Cake for my gf's mom. My mom never calls me or talk to me and it does hurt. Well I pray everyday and I know my gf's mom is cool and I call her as a my bingo buddy. Smile. I live about 5 and half hours away from my mothers place. She has only called me maybe i would say 3 times and I don't understand that. I am deaf and I would call my daugther to check on her to make sure she is ok you know. I don't understand that at all. Well I have tried everything I could think of and It don't work. But anyway I know I am ok and God is my friend and that is the person who I talk to everyday. I have a son who I always check on everyday. I just dont understand my mother.

Good Luck on your mother's day cakes.
pinklady1356

lynda-bob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lynda-bob Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 4:37am
post #8 of 15

I am sorry to hear about your mom. icon_sad.gif Sometimes parents have a hard time dealing with things they don't understand. But you're right, you have the love of God and your friends and son.... You are blessed with them! Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day for you and your baby...
thumbs_up.gif

Shamitha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shamitha Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:33am
post #9 of 15

I agree with lynda-bob. God is with you

pinklady1356 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:13am
post #10 of 15

Thank you and I appreciate that. I know God is with me everyday.

Happy Mother's Day to all,
pinklady1356 icon_smile.gif

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:18am
post #11 of 15

Aww pinklady I'm sorry you have to deal with that. You seem positive though and your on the right track, prayer helps everything icon_smile.gif

Oops editing to add my Mothers day cake idea. I want to try a teapot so badly but I have dh's birthday on the 5th and am making a 3-d jeep and then the week 7-11 is teacher appreciation and I want to make something for that so Mothers Day may just be chocolate covered Oreos.

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:47pm
post #12 of 15

(((hugs))) to pinklady
I'm doing the Dozen Roses cake.
Dying to try it- bought the box and tissue etc.

MissLady85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLady85 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 7:21am
post #13 of 15

Well considering that my mom lives in Alaska and im in Texas im thinking that a cake is out of the picture for me!! I could bake one but im guessing that it would look more like the fed ex cake killers thread then what i wanted to send once it arrived!!! So im going to stick with a cookie bouquet of flowers in a large pastel pink bucket! I think that should ship nicely!

jules06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules06 Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 8:51am
post #14 of 15

I'm going to make a " giftbox " cake - white choc.mud cake covered with ganache & choc.fondant ( similar to one in my photos ) icon_biggrin.gif

but what will I make for ME ??!! icon_lol.gif

lovely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovely Posted 29 Apr 2007 , 9:11am
post #15 of 15

(((hugs)))pinklady1356. Your friends mum will love it. My cousin whose father never checks in (a rather violent person) also doen't know what he's missing. She always gets her mother a fathers day present to let her mother know that she the driving force of her life.

I haven't thought of anything for mothers day but have been watching the forums for easy ideas. So far it will be a gift box cake for my nanna and my mother. They live in the same house so it will be for both.

Have a great day

Leigh

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%