I'm Desperate To Know...

Decorating By sugarlaced Updated 1 May 2007 , 3:03pm by CarolAnn

Carriemyvoice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Carriemyvoice Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:28pm
post #31 of 44

I have a Nissan Pathfinder and wish it were bigger. It is usually me and my daughter in her car seat and on the weekends my DH but when it comes to room in the back with a stroller It leaves very little room for grocery shopping and especially traveling. The seats lay down but with the car seat I can't do it that way so that is why it makes it so hard.
It does seat 7 if the car seat is not there but that won't be for a long time.
Maybe soom I will get the Armada. I love those. I don't travel much anyway so gas is not that bad for me. I can usually go a week on 1/2 a tank. It costs about $55-$60 to fill up and gas is $3.20 right now and rising.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:31pm
post #32 of 44

I swore ever since I could drive and saw those mini-van's that I would never get one, I wanted one of those big large trucks.

Well, then we started our family did some research and I broke down and agreed to a Honda Oddyssey, my husband was so Happy he is 6'4" and he loves to drive it on week-ends. He has the Nissan 4 door Truck during the week.

I dont know what we would do without the van now. I can get so much stuff in it. If you don't need the last row of seats in the back you can get sheets of 4X8 of wood or whatever standing up. The floor space is about 48"X 65" and it's a lot of cake room when you take out the 2 extra seats. I love it.

Beckalita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beckalita Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:34pm
post #33 of 44

I got a Dodge Caliber SXT two months ago....very happy with the amount of cargo space and it's good on gas too. I've transported a 5 tier cake (unassembled) by folding the back seat down flat with absolutely no problems. Hopefully I'll keep this car as long as my last one (15 years!)

CakeLadyM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeLadyM Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #34 of 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarlaced

what kind of vehicle do you guys drive?? I have a BIG Yukon XL and gas has risen to $3.20 and still rising!!!!

It is usually just me in the car so I could use something smaller, but what about that occasional large cake I would need to carry?

Is there such thing as sporty, roomy hatchback, GOOD on gas?? And cheap!LOL icon_lol.gif

FORD ESCAPE HYBRID!!!

mcalhoun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcalhoun Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:44pm
post #35 of 44

icon_lol.gificon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif I have a Ford Mustang and I love it!!!!!! I filled up this morning and it was about $39. It has a large trunk and the back seats lay down if I need more room. So far so good!
Melissa

abeverley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abeverley Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:50pm
post #36 of 44

I have a 2005 ford explorer and get around 330 miles per tank..20 gallon tank..nice room not to bad on gas milage and the seats lie down.

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:57pm
post #37 of 44

I just bought a 07 Dodge Nitro. My husband is 6'5'' and I'm 4'11'' so we had to find something we could both drive. It's very roomy. It's called the "first small midsize SUV" whatever that means. icon_smile.gif I like it a lot and it gets pretty good mpg--around 24, I believe. I've never transported a cake in it, but I think it would do pretty good. It's even got this floor that flips over (flat carpet on one side) and is solid with a raised edge. On the nicer models, the rear floor can slide out, so you don't have to reach in and then slides back and locks. That would be nice. icon_smile.gif

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 4:58pm
post #38 of 44

About a year ago, I traded my Infiniti FX35 for the smaller G35. I thought I was doing the right thing saving money and all, well, I really wanted to feel younger. Now, I want it back because everywhere I go, I find cheap furniture that I can't buy because I don't have the room for it in my car.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:01pm
post #39 of 44

My husband wouldn't buy me a mini van, he hates working on them because of the way he has to bend and stuff. icon_lol.gif He also won't buy anything other than GM because he has all the scan tools and special tools available to fix them, he can borrow what he needs from work.

He refuses to change the oil though, he pays someone to do that.

deb12g Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deb12g Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:06pm
post #40 of 44

I drive a 2006 Ford Expedition. This is the second one I've owned, & love it. Kind of expensive to fill it up, but I'm always hauling cakes & food around, so it's really convenient. Also, love the new 3rd seat that goes up or down with only the push of a button. Old one had to be removed and boy, was it heavy and hard to handle!

Iheartcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iheartcake Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:06pm
post #41 of 44

Gefion.. $7!! wow.. And I thought we had it bad here in Canada.. They just started regulating gas and it's around the $1.13 a litre.. so just over $4 a gallon. For my '94 Dodge Spirit, it costs about $60 to fill it icon_sad.gif

azterp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azterp Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:10pm
post #42 of 44

Love, love, love my Volvo Cross Country. It has a 3rd row and intregrated booster seats in the middle. Lots of room!

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 30 Apr 2007 , 5:17pm
post #43 of 44

I have a 2005 Kia Sedona, the seats fold and remove very easily and it has a ton of space. I have three boys plus their friends all the time so I need a mini van! Mileage is good, I don't drive many long distances though so I am probably not using it to my advantage mileage wise. I am very happy with it and can transport cakes/family easily. My hubby is 6'2 and thinks the head room stinks, I am 5'6 and the primary driver of it so it's great for me!
Tracy

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 1 May 2007 , 3:03pm
post #44 of 44

lilmisscantbewrg,
LOL LOL I'm trying to picture you loading a three tiered stacked cake in the "58 vette!! Well, it's a great dream, isn't it? My dream older car is a 65 red mustang. But I'm happy with what I have. Might as well be, eh?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%