Using Cc Members

Decorating By kris_813 Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 4:20am by stephanie214

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:14pm
post #91 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflowerfreak

I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and I'm still confused!!!!

Oh good, I'm glad it's not just me. I guess we must have missed the original post.

But on another note I'm voting for Melvira for "QUEEN"

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:18pm
post #92 of 134

<----queen of confused icon_biggrin.gif

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:23pm
post #93 of 134

I wanted to clarify that because a couple of guys in dark suits have been sitting on my lawn! icon_wink.gif[/quote]

Are you sure they're not men in white jumpsuits with a big net, Melvira???

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:26pm
post #94 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

I wanted to clarify that because a couple of guys in dark suits have been sitting on my lawn! icon_wink.gif

Are you sure they're not men in white jumpsuits with a big net, Melvira???[/QUOTE]

Shhhh.... don't tip her off, they don't want to have to chase her again....
icon_wink.gif

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:31pm
post #95 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntertayneme

Photofiltre is a free download program that Lisa told me about and I love. It is really easy to resize the pictures. You just to to "image" then "image size" and type in 800 x 600 pixels and it should go into any post you make in a topic on here .. hope this helps and let me know if you need any help icon_smile.gif

Thank you! I am excited to try this tonight.

sweeteecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteecakes Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:05pm
post #96 of 134

Whewww! I thought that I was the culprit because I have that "nominate me" button and only have one picture in my photos. I don't know when it go on there or how. I have been trying to get that button off but I am not sure how to. If anyone knows, please let me know. I need a little more experience and a few more photos first.

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:27pm
post #97 of 134

sweeteecakes, i think it's once you reach a certain number of posts, that the little nominate me button shows up. it was discussed in a topic a few weeks back...but my memory IS pretty cracked nowadays, soooooooooo.......

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 9:33pm
post #98 of 134

Sunflower, you need a good stiff Iced Tea

Babyc, we feel like that at first. The longer you are here and the more you reconize the same people the more comfortable you will be.

I learned not to change my avatar because that's how people regonzie you.

Just be sure to join in with the chat

Welcome

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:09pm
post #99 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbur10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

I wanted to clarify that because a couple of guys in dark suits have been sitting on my lawn! icon_wink.gif

Are you sure they're not men in white jumpsuits with a big net, Melvira???

Shhhh.... don't tip her off, they don't want to have to chase her again....
icon_wink.gif[/quote]

OMG, this is just too funny!! icon_biggrin.gif

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:13pm
post #100 of 134

Thank you Janette. I am really good at chating so it shouldnt be that hard.

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 10:49pm
post #101 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Yes, we could be a huge force to be reckoned with if we made a move 'en force', so I can see how someone would be tempted to try it. (vote for me) I mean, there are hundreds of brilliant and influential people here! (I'm the bomb) And people respond to powerful groups! (Vote for me) Ok, I am just kidding. But I know where you're coming from. (I rule) I appreciate that you don't want to say anything specific to spare feelings, etc. (Is it me?) That is wise of you!! (It's me, isn't it?) Well, thanks for letting us vent this feeling. (Oh my God, they're onto me! I'm outta here!) icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

ROFLM*O

Girl you take the cake....*groan*

I was saying this the other day, I saw someone had started posting pictures of her work (not cake work), newbie status, no comments on her work, just a 'visit my website' kinda thing. She makes stuff FOR cakes, like that we would buy. It kinda angered me a little, but I'm an Irish redhead so it's to be expected......

Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:14pm
post #102 of 134

You just don't what to expect from the Irish, a nasty clan they are

shhh.gif I'm a Flannery

flavacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flavacakes Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:49pm
post #103 of 134

I know this is completely off topic but speaking of avatars, where do you go to find them? icon_redface.gif TIA!

bethyboop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethyboop Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:00am
post #104 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue_dye

I think I know where your coming from. I have people wanting direction on some of my cake. I'm always glad to send, but then I go to see their pictures or post and there is none. Some of them are members for years. I wonder whey they don't share their talent with use. I think sometimes they are here for themselves only.

I am new and I promise, I AM using you...all of you!!! i need inspiration, help, tips, etc..but, isnt that what we are for???
p.s...I still cant get my pictures uploaded. I am confidant though that no one would want to copy off of me...I am a little rough, but still learning.
Thanks for "sharing" your ideas icon_wink.gif

I love this site!
Beth

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:10am
post #105 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethyboop

p.s...I still cant get my pictures uploaded. I am confidant though that no one would want to copy off of me...I am a little rough, but still learning.
Thanks for "sharing" your ideas icon_wink.gif

I love this site!
Beth

Don't be so sure no one would like to see your ideas......we need all we can get sometimes!

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 1:23am
post #106 of 134

UPDATE, UPDATE

The men in the white suits carrying nets finally caught up with Melvira...she is beginning shock treatment as I type icon_surprised.gif .

IMPORTANT BULLETINE!!!

If you happen to see a woman running across your lawn with hair sticking straight up and waving a roller brush in her hand, don't be alarmed....it's MELVIRA...she's escaped!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Janette Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 3:23am
post #107 of 134

Look for the spatula in her hand

misterc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
misterc Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 3:58am
post #108 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by starlataylor

i see what you mean, and when i saw a post similar to that in the last little bit, i sort of thought it was strange, but i just clicked on to the next thread. i will always click into posts, though, that are asking for prayers, etc, so please don't stop those coming!! i just choose not to vote for someone that i don't even know, or a kid that i'm supposed to say is the cutest.

i don't have any pictures posted yet, but only because i didn't feel like any of the ones i've had so far are as grand as i want them to be. i know we all begin somewhere, but i always like to have "wow" items, and i don't feel like any of mine are there yet. got several coming up though in the next few weeks, and by golly, you can bet my happy little butt will be on here faster than anything posting those....and then sleeping with my laptop beside me so i can see if anyone comments. icon_biggrin.gif

i greatly appreciate the help i have gotten from many of the members, and i try to soak it all up, so i can redistribute it on to someone else in need.

CAKE FOR EVERYBODY!!!!

Wow! I just did a double take!!! The little girl in your avatar is almost identical to my daughter! I actually had to get right up by the screen and squint hoping to see the pic more clearly! Crazy! Very cute!

mixinvixen Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:05am
post #109 of 134

that's just strange!!!! ya know what they say about twins, though! the little angel in my avatar is my daughter, ryman noelle, and she is 3. i took this picture the other day when i was making some molded figures and she was determined to help. she grabbed her little apron and hat that santa brought her, and grabbed my "debbie brown" book that i was using as a reference...it was too cute to pass up!!!! pm me a photo of your daughter....i'd love to compare them!

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:14am
post #110 of 134

I have two things to say here.

#1 Sometimes a thread going nowhere good goes on waaayy too long.

#2 Melvira, I like you! Besides being nice, talented and generous about helping others out you're nutty. And ALL my best friends (and most of my family) are nuts. You can crack me up and lift my spirits in the same moment and sometimes it's what I need the most. Thanks!

Alibugs, You were right, FREE THERAPY! What a blessing!!

Oh, that was 3 things..................... Ü

megankennedy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
megankennedy Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:34am
post #111 of 134

I'd just like to thank everyone who voted for my daughter, baby Janice in her contest. I appreciate that Cake Central is such a good community and that we are able to make "friends". I don't see any issues w/this if the topics are posted in the correct forums, so people are not being misled. Thanks again guys... thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

JenniferHeath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferHeath Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:48am
post #112 of 134

I just wanted to say that I am a newbie. I have decorated cakes for a couple of years now for family and friends. I have been cutting out pictures of cakes that I wanted to decorate someday ever since I was about eleven or twelve. I am now 26 and my dream is owning a bakery someday. Right now I know my cakes are not bakery quality but I just keep practicing. I have posted two pictures and I have more to post I just don't have them on cd yet so I can get them into my computer. I don't reply to many posts because most of the time I really don't have much else to add that hasn't already been said. I have learned a lot from you all allready and I want to thank you for this. I'm not sure what is really expected of members, and I sure hope that I don't make anyone feel used. icon_smile.gificon_smile.gificon_smile.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 12:33pm
post #113 of 134

I don't know about anyone else..... but I think that I am going to use everybody...... HAHAHAHAHA.
hmmmmm I will have to start planning something devious.
HAHA .... guess you will all have to wait to find out.

O and sorry, I don't think anyone can use me ..... I am still new.
nah nah!

(ok I just felt like my 4 year old)

Janette Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 3:17pm
post #114 of 134

CarolAnn,

I'm using this thread to chit chat

You sometimes can take a neg and turn to pos

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:29pm
post #115 of 134

Well I am trying to not feel that this post is directed at members like myself. I am truly new t cake decorating. Frankly, I'm only 22 and I'm new to anything in the kitchen. I havent added any photos yet because I dont have a camera. I've taken a few pictures on my cell phone that turned out so badly you cant see any detail anyway. I asked a question yesterday about working with fondant but no one replied. Maybe they though I was just using them.

Dont be so quick to judge.

mixinvixen Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:50pm
post #116 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgiles

Well I am trying to not feel that this post is directed at members like myself. I am truly new t cake decorating. Frankly, I'm only 22 and I'm new to anything in the kitchen. I havent added any photos yet because I dont have a camera. I've taken a few pictures on my cell phone that turned out so badly you cant see any detail anyway. I asked a question yesterday about working with fondant but no one replied. Maybe they though I was just using them.

they were not talking about you, i believe. it's already been pretty much stated that it wasn't the people like you (and i, actually) who don't post pictures. it was for something else entirely. i've posted several things before, and it wasn't responded to, so i went in and posted "bump" myself, which keeps it on the top of the threads, where people are more likely to see it. i don't think that it's people ignoring certain people's post; it's just that sometimes our posts fall through the cracks, or if there's been alot of posting that day, there are much newer one's than ours, and people don't end up seeing it.

im glad humor was interjected into this thread, but it seems like it wasn't quite enough apparently...quick! everyone tell their favorite joke! or even a good ticklefest...always makes me giggle!

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:54pm
post #117 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmgiles

That is not what the original post was about. CC is here to help when you have questions. The original thought was answered and today is a new day. No one at CC feels used when someone has questions or need ideals. SO WHEN I SAY THIS, I THINK I SPEAK FOR ALL CC MEMBERS, ASK ALL THE QUESTIONS YOU WANT, NO ONE EVER GETS MAD ABOUT THAT!!!!!! TAKE IDEALS, THAT'S WHAT WE ARE HERE FOR!!!!! (some don't like it when you pass the ideal off as your own) OHHH, Don't forget to post your results.

I am also so proud of this group, this forum never took a negative turn (in my eyes). Thanks Melvira!!!!!!!

As you can see, I like to abuse the exclamation!!!!!!!!

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 4:57pm
post #118 of 134

Well I'm not offended. I dont get offended easily, but I wanted to bring to light a reason why some users dont particiapte as much. Anyway it goes, I guess I misunderstood but from what I read most of us did. I'll move on.

kris_813 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 5:05pm
post #119 of 134

mmgiles, I still consider myself new here, because there is so much I want to learn. I am just so happy i found this site, i don't know what to do. Please understand why I would want to protect it.

kris_813 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 5:12pm
post #120 of 134

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE LOCK THIS!!!!!!

MELVIRA IS GETTING SHOCK TREATMENT SO SHE'LL PROBABLY BE OUT FOR A WHILE, SO LETS CLOSE THIS AND START A NEW TOPIC WHEN SHE GETS BETTER!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%