Using Cc Members

Decorating By kris_813 Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 4:20am by stephanie214

Morphogirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Morphogirl Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #61 of 134

You are probably talking about me. I'm sorry if I upset any members or confused you. I joined cake central on Feb 3 as a suggestion from my Wilton Class Instuctor here in Chicago. When I finished my level 3 cake I was really proud of it and wanted to share it. That week I found out I was chosen as a finalist for a contest I entered to host a PBS TV show so I decided when I post my cake I would ask for support. In these last two weeks I have posted 3 cakes I've made, answered questions, posted templates. The video I made for the Real Savvy Mom audition had to be under 2 minutes and even my mom wondered why I didn't mention my decorating but I just had to make choices and there was a lot of stuff I didn't have time to mention. I love this community and website and plan to be a member for years to come. Again, thank you if you helped me and I'm sorry if I confused or offended anyone.
Respectfully.
Janine Greff

carries_creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carries_creations Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:29pm
post #62 of 134

I agree-- when I first read that post, I was kind of put off, because I was like who is this person? I've never seen her on here before and she wants us to vote for her. Well stupid me clicked on the link and was automatically taken to the other site and it said "thanks for voting for this person"-- I was like I just voted?? I didn't want to vote!!! I just wanted to neb- around. I did feel USED-- but I did check out her cosmetic website -- becuase I was in need of some new lipstick- and I asked her for a discount for cake central members-- (kind of getting her back!--) She did give a discount-- but I'm still waiting for the products in the mail-- we'll see.

I understand what you mean. I did feel taken advantage of.

I also feel unprepared to post any of my pictures becuase I am so new to this cake decorating. But I certainly LOVE all of the warm friendly people and great advice I have received!! It has been a great learning site for me!!!! I hope one day I can feel confident enough that my cakes look as nice as everyone elses.

Gotta run and make my icing for my final cake for Wilton Course 2 tonight.

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:29pm
post #63 of 134

Aunk,

I just had a flashback of a TV show I use to watch, before you were born.

Aunksunamun13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aunksunamun13 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:31pm
post #64 of 134

I will be the first to appologize !! Well I hope I am the first !! I am sorry I thought it was you! You were the first person to pop into my....fading memory. I had just wondered why you never made mention about your cakes. They are great. And I would have been all over that !! Im not going to go on and on.....but simply say...sorry!! Hopefully....you will accept it ! =)

Happy baking!

Aunksunamun13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aunksunamun13 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:33pm
post #65 of 134

I too looked at the makeup....cause lord know I need lipstick. Thats the ONE thing I do not use cause I cannot find the right one.

Janette.....LOL I love random thoughts !

alibugs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alibugs Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:36pm
post #66 of 134

oh! I am super blonde and so didn't get it.....Why didn't you spell it out for me. Morphogirl is a cc user. I voted for her. Had no problems with it. In cake business everybody says how do you get the word out? She did exactly what all of do. Try every avenue to get her product out. Granted in this case her product is herself.
I'm still backing her up and hope she wins. You go girl. Work it!
P.S. Can I have a free make-over for this plug? Just joking! No I'm not my address is 1234 Bullshit lane, tucson, Az

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:36pm
post #67 of 134

That was very admirable of you to say that. I can't speak for others, but I can say, the way you came on the site was a bit shady. We welcome everyone here, and are happy you plan to stay, but look at it from my point of view. You are very talented and I hope you do well with the show.

I am not a HATER icon_confused.gif I just don't like feeling used.

With that said, WELCOME TO CAKE CENTRAL! icon_biggrin.gif

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:38pm
post #68 of 134

Okay Everyone,

You voiced your opinions and it was answered so lets move on to something like cake decorating or....

voting to make MELVIRA our "keep us in stitches QUEEN" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

carries_creations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carries_creations Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #69 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanie214

Okay Everyone,

You voiced your opinions and it was answered so lets move on to something like cake decorating or....

voting to make MELVIRA our "keep us in stitches QUEEN" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I agree!!

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:47pm
post #70 of 134

Oh, thank you... thank you! I am so honored! Really, I'm just touched! No... seriously... I am touched... in the head! icon_wink.gif

Well, I am really glad that you all got it worked out a little bit, and that Morpho is sticking around! And I'm glad that you are all damned to the servitude of the QUEEN!!! BWAHAHAHAHA. Ooh, did I say that last part out loud? Shoot. I always screw it up, right when I'm about to conquer!

Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:57pm
post #71 of 134

Orange Juice

It makes my 19 mo. Grandson laugh when I say it

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:57pm
post #72 of 134

So queen is below or above president?

Melvira Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 6:59pm
post #73 of 134

I think we should say it's above, because if it's below, then the President has to sit around all the time looking over his/her shoulder worrying about whether the Queen is just sick enough to live up to the barely veiled threat on his/her life. Hehehehe.

NancysFancy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NancysFancy Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:08pm
post #74 of 134

And you think I"M snorting powdered sugar, Melvira??????!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_evil.gif

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:09pm
post #75 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunksunamun13

Funny you should mention that. I was on here a few days ago (who am I kidding Im ALWAYS on here) There was this.....member.....who wanted us all to vote for her (i ended up doing it on accident cause I wanted to see the video) anyway.....It looked too good to be true.

When I watched this....video the person in question never once made mention to her cake decortating hobby. Her.....posts....to me....never held water. Catch what im saying? Her posts were.....hmm....how do I say this...they seemed...fake. Make sense, lol!?

Anyway...moving on.....I loved that Kris_813 was so vague. Thats the polite thing to do. Had it been me starting this thread.....lol I would have used names...links...the whole nine!! =)

This is exactly what I was thinking of. I felt kind of betrayed when I clicked on the video to watch it and all of the sudden I had voted. I don't like voting for people that I don't know.

I do have a question about posting pictures. My picture sizes are large, how do you make the picture size small enough to post? I would love to post pictures but can't figure this out.

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:25pm
post #76 of 134

Because of this thread I posted my first picture. To tell the truth I was and still am a little I intimidated not because of anything said, but because of the incredible talents here. I am a novice in every sense of the word. I have never taken any courses because non are offered in my area. When I was introduced to CC I was so excited to see so much great work and to have so much knowledge available. I greatly appriecate all the help and encouragment I have gotten hereicon_smile.gif

ntertayneme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ntertayneme Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:26pm
post #77 of 134

Photofiltre is a free download program that Lisa told me about and I love. It is really easy to resize the pictures. You just to to "image" then "image size" and type in 800 x 600 pixels and it should go into any post you make in a topic on here .. hope this helps and let me know if you need any help icon_smile.gif

Melvira Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:27pm
post #78 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancysFancy

And you think I"M snorting powdered sugar, Melvira??????!!!!!!!! icon_eek.gificon_evil.gif

Um...powdered sugar cannot be blamed for my problems Nancy! You're the regular kind of silly... I'm the kind they usually try to medicate! Kidding!

Oh, and that reference to killing the president was definitely a joke. I wanted to clarify that because a couple of guys in dark suits have been sitting on my lawn! icon_wink.gif

Melvira Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:29pm
post #79 of 134

Hey Brilandken... I'm glad you did post that pic! It's really nice! But you should turn on your comments option so we can all congratulate you on it!!

mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:30pm
post #80 of 134

brilandken, the cake is adorable, and we have that same little piggy bank, just in pink! you go with your bad self!!!!

Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:33pm
post #81 of 134

Bril,

I was intimidated when I first got here and then I thought they had to start out at one time too.

I became friends with a member and we pm'd back and forth and had some laughs. I got around to looking at her site and totally blew me away.

I told her I don't know why she even bothered with me because she is soooo good. She laughed.

I'm just glad I got to know her before I saw how good she was.

brilandken Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:33pm
post #82 of 134

starlataylor, thank you!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:34pm
post #83 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilandken

Because of this thread I posted my first picture. To tell the truth I was and still am a little I intimidated not because of anything said, but because of the incredible talents here. I am a novice in every sense of the word. ....

Oh don't be intimidated! I recently saved a cake to my favorites that was posted by a "novice". The quality wasn't Colette Peters (but who on here is?) but the idea was so unique and cool that I want to try it for my son-in-law's birthday! That's whats great about this site .... everyone learns new stuff from everybody .....

And we get a little Comedy Channel from Melvira! icon_lol.gif

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:36pm
post #84 of 134

Ok, then. If Melvira is going to take out the president. I hearby withdraw my campaign--though I see my "men in black" have arrived in a timely manner.

Janette Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:38pm
post #85 of 134

I'm so excited, my daughter just asked me to do her daughter's Christening cake.

Some of you who remembers stories of my DD knows what an honor this is (she wants only the best). Then again she may have ran out of money.

Sorry, this isn't the place to post but had to tell someone.

CakesbyMonica Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:40pm
post #86 of 134

Congrats! You know this seems to just be a great day for everyone I know. Well, not that I KNOW you, but you know what I mean. I got a call this morning saying that my daughter was accepted to the private preschool we were trying to get her into and another saying that my grandma is doing well after her heart surgery.

brilandken Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:43pm
post #87 of 134

Thanks everyone for the encouragment. Melvira, thank you for pointing that out. I thought it was on. BTW you kill me! I bet you're a lot of fun at parties tooicon_smile.gif

BabyC1985 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BabyC1985 Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:51pm
post #88 of 134

Congratulations Janette.
I am new to this site. Its been 7days since i joined, i've been on holiday since i joined so I havent had as much time on the site as i would have liked but i did upload 2 photos today that i finished last night. I do have to say that i too am feeling alittle bit intimidated, not just by the wonderful out of this world cakes but also alittle by the comunity, Its silly but i feel abit like the new kid at school but i am trying, i think its a confidence thing on my part. I hope to stay with this site forever. I really love it

darcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
darcat Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 7:53pm
post #89 of 134

Omg if this post accomplished nothing else I have to say it gave me a heck of a good laugh. (i'm now wiping soda off my screen when I spit it out laughing) melvira and aunksun you just cracked me up. Thanks guys for the laugh.

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 8:10pm
post #90 of 134

I have read through all 6 pages of this thread and I'm still confused!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%