Cake Containers

Decorating By JoyDawn Updated 5 May 2006 , 4:30am by fearlessbaker

JoyDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoyDawn Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:29pm
post #1 of 8

I have recently been asked to provide two cakes a week for a local caffe' and was wondering how I should deliver the cakes. I have cake boxes but I really want some of the black base/clear top cake holders like they use at Wal-Mart or Sams. Does anyone know where I can purchase these and about how much they are?
Thanks!

7 replies
Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:31pm
post #2 of 8

My local cake supply carries them - as does the Party City near me. I've not bought them, so I can't help you with pricing.

tazneen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tazneen Posted 3 May 2006 , 1:34pm
post #3 of 8

I am in houstonm and the walmart here carries those, you may want to ask someone in the bakery in walmart, they will point you to them.
Thanks!

LinB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LinB Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:52pm
post #4 of 8

Have you tried a GFS (Gordon Food Service). I have seen them there. Not sure on how much they cost. Or even a Party store possibly.

HTH

LinB

Ladivacrj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladivacrj Posted 4 May 2006 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 8

JoyDawn:

Since you are a private operation I would continue to use the personal touch of cakes boxes. The black bottom clear top containers are very commercial.

I would try to keep it as orginal and personable as possible. Would even try to incorporate my business name onto the boxes.

Just my thoughts.

cnikal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cnikal Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:07pm
post #6 of 8

You can purchase the containers from the bakery at Walmart or even your local grcoery store. I have done this for their muffin containers. Although I agree with Ladivacrj about the way the look so commercial. But whatever you like you should do.

qtkaylassweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
qtkaylassweets Posted 4 May 2006 , 2:14pm
post #7 of 8
fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 5 May 2006 , 4:30am
post #8 of 8

I agree with Ladiva. I remember getting a cake from a small bakery 10 years ago and what impressed me was the cake was put in a box, tied with a ribbon and she even put some inexpensive fresh buds on top. Just one or two.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%