Chocolate Ganache...

Decorating By kuki Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 3:21pm by kuki

kuki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kuki Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:05am
post #1 of 12

Sorry, my question is little dumn , but I am new in this. How do I frost a cake with chocolate ganache? do I have to mix the ganache before I put on the cake or just put it liquied direc on the cake. Do I have to put butter cream before the ganache or how it work ..

11 replies
moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:17am
post #2 of 12

You can pour or wait til it sets and pipe like basket weave.

gateaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gateaux Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:22am
post #3 of 12

Like Moydear mentioned you can pour or pipe.
If your ganache is not quite pourable anymore but not yet set, you can try to use a spatula.
You can check out my photos. I did this for an egg at easter, then I found out from one of the posts, that you could warm up a spatula and even it out. I tried it with the leftover ganache and it worked out really nice. I did it on a muffin so I did not take a pic. But it worked great.

Good Luck.

kuki Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:30am
post #4 of 12

Do you frost the cake first with buttercream?

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:40am
post #5 of 12

If I am piping I just crumb coat and then pipe with no butter cream.

gateaux Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:43am
post #6 of 12

If you are going to pour I do not, if you use a spatula just like buttercream, you should.

Good Luck.

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:47am
post #7 of 12

I like to pour it over buttercream. It's really yummy to have two layers of good stufficon_smile.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 4:54am
post #8 of 12

Ganache is my friend! I like to chill and then whip it and use it as a filling. It is great in the middle of a hazelnut bownie. Sometimes I just eat it out of the bowl. Maybe I should make some tomorrowicon_smile.gif

gateaux Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:12am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by brilandken

Ganache is my friend! I like to chill and then whip it and use it as a filling. It is great in the middle of a hazelnut bownie. Sometimes I just eat it out of the bowl. Maybe I should make some tomorrowicon_smile.gif

Yum, out of the bowl, icon_evil.gif dont you always make more than you need just so there is some ... out of the bowl let just for you? icon_rolleyes.gif
My DH sometimes get's the little leftovers too. He loves it.

GoodLuck. thumbs_up.gif

brilandken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brilandken Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:29am
post #10 of 12

I have a very close friend who called me and asked me to make her a batch because she was having a bad day. Of course I made a little extra after all my day was kind of roughicon_smile.gif I am making my friends son's b-day cake this weekend, so I bet you can guess what the filling will beicon_smile.gif

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:39am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuki

Sorry, my question is little dumn , but I am new in this. How do I frost a cake with chocolate ganache? do I have to mix the ganache before I put on the cake or just put it liquied direc on the cake. Do I have to put butter cream before the ganache or how it work ..

i chill the ganache (slightly for dark choc and several hours for milk chocolate) then whip it up like whipped cream until it is thick. i use a spatula to ice and a six inch bench scraper (rectangular metal tool) to smooth the tops and sides.

kuki Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 3:21pm
post #12 of 12

Thank you ladys for all your tips.. it help.!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%