Introducing Myself

Decorating By mdsquared Updated 2 May 2007 , 9:45am by KCsmom98

mdsquared Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mdsquared Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 6:51pm
post #1 of 15

I'm new here, so I thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Meredith, I am married to my husband, Mike, for almost 6 years. I have one son, Caleb who is 3 and a baby due in Sept.

Cake decorating has always facinated me. I made my first cake(s) last August for my son's birthday. Even though it was difficult, I loved it and was so proud of my accomplishment. I'm thinking of taking a Wilton course soon to expand my very amateur skills. I can't wait to make my son's cake this year and have already been planning it in my head. One of my friend's led me to this site and I love it!!

14 replies
missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 15

Welcome to CC! Lots of great info and very helpful people! thumbs_up.gif

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:03pm
post #3 of 15

Welcome aboard!!!
Be careful this site is highly addictive! The warning sign isn't a joke icon_lol.gif and click on it to learn why!!!
icon_smile.gif

hnogden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hnogden Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:35pm
post #4 of 15

Hello there. Welcome to the best place on earth. Watch out though. It is REALLY addictive. I havent seen my family in 3 days!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:42pm
post #5 of 15

Welcome to CC. I recently found the site as well. You quickly become addicted!

I'm playing here on CC between cleaning my house. It's my reward for marking something off of my to do list, lol! icon_smile.gif

Pearl70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pearl70 Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:46pm
post #6 of 15

welcome to cc, LOOK OUT___It is VERRRRRRRY Adictive! Look forward to seeing soem of your work.

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:47pm
post #7 of 15

Welcome Meredith, welcome to the CC family & we are just like family, we have differences of opinion & lots of loving help, encouragement & enthusiasum, just like family. Go for the courses & CC will teach you so much.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:52pm
post #8 of 15

Welcome to the CC!!! I can not believe how addictive this site became so quickly! icon_eek.gif They aren't joking!

Any question or comment on here is not dumb and highly appreciated! don't forget that! We ARE like a family here. You will love and dislike us at times (especially for making you spend soo much time on here!LOL)

Can't wait to see pics of your work! Welcome icon_smile.gif

keonicakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keonicakes Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:57pm
post #9 of 15

Yep, someday there will be a 12 step program for us who are cc addicts. icon_lol.gif It's crazy how just one cake and your hooked. In all seriousness, welcome to CC we are glad to have you. Like another poster said, any question or comment is appreciated and tips. Even the pros were once beginners so don't be embarrassed to ask for help w/ anything. You will be showered with help.
Again welcome.

sarahd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarahd Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 15

Welcome to CC. You will love it here and yes it is very addictive but I love it. There is always something new to learn. Here is a link to get you started on the acronyms used on here. http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-2926-15-days0-orderasc-.html.

Renaejrk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renaejrk Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 9:25pm
post #11 of 15

Hey! Welcome to CC!! I just started on this site about 2 weeks ago - but I'm totally hooked!! It's great and I've learned so much in such a short period of time!!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 9:41pm
post #12 of 15

Oh, GREAT !! Now who is going to watch Caleb ?? You will be spending all your time on here ! Just kidding, of course.... you can hold him on your lap..... icon_lol.gif WELCOME !! You will have SOOO much fun, and learn ALOT too.....

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 11:44pm
post #13 of 15

Welcome to CC! You will learn a lot and laugh a lot! Look forward to seeing pics of your cakes!

Welcome aboard!!!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 2 May 2007 , 9:19am
post #14 of 15

Hi and Welcome mdsquared. icon_smile.gif

Look forward to seeing you online.

KCsmom98 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KCsmom98 Posted 2 May 2007 , 9:45am
post #15 of 15

Welcome Meredith, as most have said here; this is one big family that is full of fun and advice. Careful though, we are very addictive. Look forwarding to seeing your work and talking to you in the forums.

Jen icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%