What Come First?

Business By gaylarenee Updated 1 May 2006 , 6:55pm by JoAnnB

gaylarenee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gaylarenee Posted 1 May 2006 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 3

If I want to start my own business where do I start first? Do I get my license? Work on a loan? Find the building? Work on my business plan? I'm so lost as to where to start? Any help would be great.

2 replies
bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 1 May 2006 , 4:08pm
post #2 of 3

Hi!

Have you read the article on this site about starting a cake business? You can find it inthe articles section, or here's the link.
http://www.cakecentral.com/article57-Wanting-to-start-a-Cake-Decorating-Business-but-where-do-I-begin.html

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 1 May 2006 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 3

Your best bet is to find out if you can work from home. Depending on your state, you may be able to contact the Department of Agriculture, or the health department about licensing a home bakery. Dept of Ag is usually the easiest. they generally require separate storage, separate refrigeration, no pets, and som sanitation items.

It is very costly to start a full fledged store front. And many decorators work from home until/if their business will support a store front.

If your state does not allow licensing home kitchens, you can look at renting/sharing commercial space.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%