I Need To Vent =)

Decorating By kyliesmom Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 12:56pm by CakesbyMonica

kyliesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kyliesmom Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:06am
post #1 of 10

ok ....maybe i need some sympathy as well right now lol.....i am making cupcakes for church in the morning....they were going sooo well...grass with cute fondant flowers...and then i knock my whole box of fondant flowers in the floor and you can guess what they look like now...im thinking about cutting out some more and maybe they will be dry in the am.....

9 replies
playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:33am
post #2 of 10

Ouch! I can totally empathize!

I did that with my dragon and wings. The tray was sticking out from the edge of the table, got caught on my apron (to this day, I cannot figure out how) and took the tumble.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:54am
post #3 of 10

Don't sweat the small stuff! I think all of us have had something like this happen to us at least once. Last week was my cake from hell week, so maybe its the moon or something! I'm sure your cupcakes will turn out just fine, and people will love them. Remember we are almost always our worst critics. *hug* hope everything works out for the best! Good luck!!!

kyliesmom Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:54am
post #4 of 10

well...mine was carelessly sitting on top of a can of baby formula and my elbow decided to throw it in the floor lol. but im going to bed i give up tonight lol so what if i have 24 cupcakes and only 7 with flowers lol....there for the babies at church tomorrow morning...they'll forgive me lol. im giving them sugar!

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:55am
post #5 of 10

awww you poor thing, I have done that with some RI things in the past, they just shattered....I feel your pain!

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 4:02am
post #6 of 10

Sorry that happened. I'm sure they will still look lovely once you are done.

Aimeestrange Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aimeestrange Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:21am
post #7 of 10

Sorry that you had the mishap. Heck yeah, they won't care one way or the other. All they see is the sugar!!! icon_biggrin.gif

sweetsaretas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsaretas Posted 24 Apr 2007 , 11:22pm
post #8 of 10

One things for certain, people who don't make cakes ..... love cakes that others make for them. Im sure they were gorgeous. I am a true newbie , just learing; but when a Mickey Mouse ear broke on one of my cakes this past weekend the lady was impressed and excited about her cake. I on the other hand cried on site. They didn't understand my tears and continuous apologies...but CAKE CENTRAL does! Don't you?

kyliesmom Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 10

without a doubt i understand lol

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:56pm
post #10 of 10

Oh, I'm so sorry. I can completely understand! I am the world's BIGGEST clutz and the last person that should ever be making fragile cakes, yet I do it anyways. (I actually have seperate, cheaper drinking glasses than the rest of the family so I don't break the nice ones, thats how bad it is.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%